Transfer window - Closed 'til summer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:47 pm

reyes has said hes going, he hasnt settled, u can see when he plays that hes already lost the plot in england. and del piero said he will go to premiership in the summer. more than likely join middlesbrough or some oter elephnats graveyard
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:01 pm

I feel so let down by this window i was hoping that we were going to get some good players.
i see it as we whent into the window with a injury crisis and the window is shutting and we still have a injury crisis.

so this is what is going to happen , this summer we will get some new players and all the forum will be saying "give them time" "its a new team"

no we should have got the team right in this window and used the rest of this season to get ready for next season so we would not be a new team and we could have gone out and kicked **** :(
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:36 pm

Benitez has already said that he would only buy the players he deemed necessary for the team.  That and the limited budget he was given, means that we only managed to buy 3 players during the window.

We all know that LFC will not win the Premiership within the next 2 years.  We may be hopeful, but lets face it, it's not really a reality.

Houllier was given 6 years to achieve results, Benitez hasn't even been in charge for a season, and already there are criticisms of him.  He has a lot of work to do, and it won't all be done over night.  Remember too, the amount of injuries whe have had this season - 15 or something like it.

Lets give him time, he deserves that.  If he hasn't own the league in 5 years (as Houllier promised) then we can sack him, and I'll eat my hat!!!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:28 pm

First we don't have much funds to spend in the Transfer window, we've spent 7 million on two good players imo. Smicer,La Tallec,Kewell,Finnan and Josemi are back so that may be why Benitez didn't want to sign any more players for now.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:50 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:Benitez has already said that he would only buy the players he deemed necessary for the team.  That and the limited budget he was given, means that we only managed to buy 3 players during the window.

We all know that LFC will not win the Premiership within the next 2 years.  We may be hopeful, but lets face it, it's not really a reality.

Houllier was given 6 years to achieve results, Benitez hasn't even been in charge for a season, and already there are criticisms of him.  He has a lot of work to do, and it won't all be done over night.  Remember too, the amount of injuries whe have had this season - 15 or something like it.

Lets give him time, he deserves that.  If he hasn't own the league in 5 years (as Houllier promised) then we can sack him, and I'll eat my hat!!!

so you are saying that we are going to take five years to be any good???
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:34 pm

Excuseeme did you see Reyes play against Newcastle at highbury? the man is flipin fantastic 20m well spent mate he is really class.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:36 pm

Whos he talkin about anyway Maureen?
whos maure is sh1t?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:18 pm

dawson99 wrote:and arteta has been class in spain as far as i recall.... hmmm
reyes lately has said hes homesick, will go to spain or italy in summer, in a swap with del piero

if he was class, wd he not rather stay in madrid, instead of everton, i mean everton r hardly a gr8 team
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:29 pm

Lakes, read the complete post will you - I said it would take at least 2 years at the beginning.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maure_is_sh1t » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:17 am

hello... cisses_gona_get_ya
i'm new here... :)
maure_is_sh1t

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:06 am

(Mick stifles a yawn and rubs sleep out of his eyes while trying to help his little lad put his shoes on), Hello Diaponeer.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:07 am

bigmick wrote:(Mick stifles a yawn and rubs sleep out of his eyes while trying to help his little lad put his shoes on), Hello Diaponeer.

:D
Mornin Mick
Whos he talkin about tho Maure? Jose maureen? Morientes?
Manure?
Who?
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:19 am

Like so many before him, too many hours whiled away in dimly lit snooker halls, back street penny arcades, illegal gambling dens and like as not houses of ill repute with pals of his former hero. Not enough concentration on the three r's. An absolute disgrace to the modern education system that the poor lad can't spell Manure.
I ask this question, as members of society and part of the process which elects the powers that be and the machinery which looks after our childrens education are we all in some way to blame for this poor young persons lack of knowledge? Should we collectively hang our heads in shame? Or is it just that he is a tool?
On the question of the transfer window, its probably Rafa's style to show faith in the players by not bringing in loan signings. The one bloke I would defo have taken though is Olivier Barnard from Newcastle. He's gone to Southampton and I think he would've been a really good player for us.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:17 pm

bigmick wrote:An absolute disgrace to the modern education system that the poor lad can't spell Manure.

maybe he just doesnt like the colour  :D

It would have been nice to seen a couple more players come in, i would have liked to seen Anelka as well considering Nando is really only replacement for Owen. Though got to have faith in the boss, considering all the injuries so far personally bar the FA cup fiasco i think he has been a miracle worker
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maure_is_sh1t » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:26 pm

sorry...i typed wrongly while registering... :D
its supposed to be manure... bear with me... :)
anyway im not Diaponeer bigmick
maure_is_sh1t

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion