Top six run in

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:43 am

Chelsea              Arsenal                 Tottenham                   Liverpool               Man City               Man Utd

Arsenal (h)          Chelsea (a)          Boro (h)                       Hull (a)             Swansea (h)         Leicester (a)
3-1                        1-3                        1-0                              0-2.                   2-1                         3-0
Burnley (a)            Hull (h)              Liverpool (a)              Spurs (h)              B'mouth (a)          Watford (h)
(1-1)                        (2-0)                     (0-2)                        (2-0)                          (2-0)                  (2-0)
Swansea (h)          Soton (a).             Stoke (h)                Leicester (a)              Man Utd (h)     Man City (a)
(3-1)                                                     (4-0)                        (1-3)
West Ham (a)         Liverpool (a)          Everton (h)                Arsenal (h)              S'land (a).        B'mouth (h)
(3-2)                           (1-3)                    (3-2)                         (3-1)                      (2-0)               (1-1)

Watford (h)         Leicester (h)          C Palace (a).               Burnley (h)             Stoke (h).          Soton (a)

Stoke (a)                WBA (a).               Soton (h)                   ManCity (a)         Liverpool (h)           Boro (a)
C Palace (h)         Man City (h).          Burnley (a).                Everton (h).        Arsenal (a).              WBA (h)
Man City (h)        West Ham (h)        Swansea (a)                  B'mouth (h)           Chelsea (a)             Everton (h)
B'mouth (a)        C Palace (a)            Watford (h)                   Stoke (a)                   Hull (h)              S'land (a)
Man Utd (a)            Boro (h)             B'mouth (h)                  WBA (a).                  Soton (a)                Chelsea (h)
Soton (h)           S'land (h)              Leicester (a)                C Palace (h)              WBA(h)                   Burnley (a)
Everton (a)         Spurs (a)            Arsenal (h).                 Watford (a).                    Boro (a).            Swansea (h)
Boro (h)          Man Utd (h)           West Ham (a).                Soton (h)               C Palace (h)            Arsenal (a)
WBA (a)            Stoke (a)             Man Utd (h)                   West Ham (a)              Leicester (h)           Spurs (a)
S'land (h)          Everton (h)             Hull (a).                        Boro (h)                Watford (a)           C Palace (h)
Last edited by kazza on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:11 am, edited 15 times in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:57 pm

Thanks very much mate, I'm sure that post of yours will come in very handy over the next few weeks/months as the run in unfolds. One small query though, surely the maximum number of games we have left is 15 and not 20? (We are out of both cups and have no European football).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:53 pm

We've  got a great chance for 4th. All others will be busy in games whilst we will only have x1 game per week.
If we can get into our groove and play like we did in early season we can finish on a high.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:26 pm

Dodgy run coming up but we usually come good towards the end of the season.

Settled 11, injury free with only the league to focus on. I'm optimistic of top 3
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:57 pm wrote:Thanks very much mate, I'm sure that post of yours will come in very handy over the next few weeks/months as the run in unfolds. One small query though, surely the maximum number of games we have left is 15 and not 20? (We are out of both cups and have no European football).

I think you are correct, we must only have 15 left.   :blush:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:38 pm

kazza » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:52 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:57 pm wrote:Thanks very much mate, I'm sure that post of yours will come in very handy over the next few weeks/months as the run in unfolds. One small query though, surely the maximum number of games we have left is 15 and not 20? (We are out of both cups and have no European football).

No probs mate, given all your hard work putting that post together it might be an idea to quote and update it by writing in the scores after each round of matches.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:04 am

Lets just say for arguments sake we go on a good run win many games. If we fall short of top spot over 3-5 points we will kick ourselves bigtime.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:29 am

Chelsea is in a very strong position with only 3 top 4 teams to play. I think it's theirs to lose now...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:53 am

All bar Liverpool and Chelsea have horrible run ins, it'll go to the wire this year.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:38 pm wrote:
kazza » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:52 pm wrote:

No probs mate, given all your hard work putting that post together it might be an idea to quote and update it by writing in the scores after each round of matches.

For some reason, you line them up in the text box but then they don't line up in the post. I tried to figure out the pattern but it did not follow logic as sometimes the team was right then the next row it would be left. I tell you this because for me to update it it needs more space in between rows and when I just tried it screwed it up more than it was. I'll work on it slowly  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:00 pm

maguskwt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:29 am wrote:Chelsea is in a very strong position with only 3 top 4 teams to play. I think it's theirs to lose now...

They are beating Arsenal as we speak as well  :(
A draw can be as good as a loss these days though and some of those lesser sides can be very difficult to break down especially when they get everyone behind the ball (as United and Spurs found out this week).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:04 pm

kazza » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:40 am wrote:For some reason, you line them up in the text box but then they don't line up in the post. I tried to figure out the pattern but it did not follow logic as sometimes the team was right then the next row it would be left. I tell you this because for me to update it it needs more space in between rows and when I just tried it screwed it up more than it was. I'll work on it slowly  :buttrock

Yeah that's happened to me a few times over the years as well mate, as you say there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it sometimes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:19 pm

2)Tottenham---24---(50)
3)Man City--- 24---(49)
4)Arsenal---- 24---(47)
5)Liverpool-- 24----(46)
6)Man Utd---- 24---(45)

If we falter in the next upcoming  matches I'd say forget Champions league spot.
We've got some tough matches ahead of us.
The only positive i can think of is that our competitors will be busy with other games aswel.
I can't believe how bitter this season is turning out after all the good form.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:12 pm

redshade » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:19 pm wrote:2)Tottenham---24---(50)
3)Man City--- 24---(49)
4)Arsenal---- 24---(47)
5)Liverpool-- 24----(46)
6)Man Utd---- 24---(45)

If we falter in the next upcoming  matches I'd say forget Champions league spot.
We've got some tough matches ahead of us.
The only positive i can think of is that our competitors will be busy with other games aswel.
I can't believe how bitter this season is turning out after all the good form.

I can't believe how this season has panned out either.
We are obviously not shyte, we have beaten Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Everton and would have beaten both United and Spurs on their own grounds too if it wasn't for dodgy decisions by linesman, so we are obviously not shyte.
Something is wrong though, I have been watching us a long time and I can't remember a run of form quite like this one, it's not even the 1 win in 10 stat it's the standard of opposition that we have capitulated against.
I can't see Jurgen being happy with this state of affairs in fact he's probably in a state of shock the way everything has gone to rat[Sh*t] in such a short space of time, in fact I think a lot of the players are playing for their futures over the next 3 or 4 months.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:57 pm

The frustrating thing is we are absolutely dominating possession in these games but we're just not creating anything. A few heads went down when we conceeded yesterday which tells me some players are not mentally ready to fight for where we need to be. Lallana, Milner and Clyne looked drained after we went behind and had no fight left in them to help us get back in the game.. I feel these are the 3 that gave so much on the pressing game at the beginning of the season and now all 3 are mentally and physically drained! I would seriously think about resting a few of his workhorses before they get completely burnt out.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion