Top six run in

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Doeboy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:16 pm

maguskwt » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:09 am wrote:
Doeboy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:40 am wrote:Really think top 4 is done now. Arsenal look a mess, mancs got tough games and Europa. For me, now it's about whether we finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Think 2nd is realistically a tall order unless spurs have a few dodgy results but both them and city have a game in hand on us. Need to secure 3rd so we don't have to worry about qualifying in the summer

I'm not even confident about us getting 3rd man. Spurs churns out wins against lesser teams regularly. Man City is too strong to slip up given the relatively easy fixture...

Yeah it will be tough. Spurs seem to have a bit of steel about them these days. Years gone by, they would have collapsed. Also saw they have conceded the fewest in the league and yet have only scored 4 less than us, which is pretty good going to be honest. City are very similar to us. Going forward, they look tremendous at times but leak goals. They were causing chelsea real problems last weak but you just can't back them not to concede
Doeboy

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:30 pm

maguskwt » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:36 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:58 pm wrote:What a disaster for Arsenal. 3-0 to Palace, that's a terrible result.

Top 4 is ours to lose TBH. Manure have to play Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Spurs. They will be lucky to get 6 points from those.

Yeah the mancs have the thoughest run in. Followed by Arsenal. Then it's us and man city which is abiut the same. I feel that City will get 3rd. We have to fight for 4th.

If we can win all our remaining games we're in with a good shout at 3rd, I think City can still slip up but then again so can we  :(  it's gonna be tight.

Here's hoping Chelsea can take all the points against Man Utd as they are right back in contention for the 4th spot.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:32 pm

After last nights result with Arsenal its really in our own hands now. If we fail it will be our own doing because we have had more than enough chances. It could be possible that we can afford maybe 1 loss or a draw or 2 in the remaining games but we have got to be looking for all wins as the finish line is in sight.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:33 pm

kazza wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:04 pm wrote:Top 4 would be a miracle!
:nod

Not sure I agree

Why not?
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:33 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:33 pm wrote:
kazza wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:04 pm wrote:Top 4 would be a miracle!
:nod

Not sure I agree

Why not?

Who's going to finish above us?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Today's win was massive, it piles the pressure onto United and Arsenal.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:09 pm

Keeps us up there. Still one or 2 tricky ones to come - especially Palace (no explanation required )  :oops:

United just tanked chelsea, if they are feeling pressure im not seeing it. I dont think its over yet after watching that , chelsea look like they are creaking and spurs are looking stronger, roll on next week
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Mikz » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:09 pm wrote:Keeps us up there. Still one or 2 tricky ones to come - especially Palace (no explanation required )  :oops:

United just tanked chelsea, if they are feeling pressure im not seeing it. I dont think its over yet after watching that , chelsea look like they are creaking and spurs are looking stronger, roll on next week

No Sakho for Palace against us which will be a blow to them as he has gone in there and made a huge difference in defence for them.

Utd still have to go to Arsenal, Spurs and City and will drop plenty of points in those games.

Spurs have a difficult run of games coming up with trips to Palace, Leicester and at home to Arsenal and Utd so who knows may be a chance to reign them in if they trip up in a few of those games although I think they need another 10 points from their remaining gaming games to ensure they finish above us and realistically, they should be able to get them.

City only really have the home game v Utd to worry about to be honest. Looking at the rest of their fixtures, they face Leicester, Palace and WBA but all three at home and it's a pretty good run in for them.

Way Arsenal are playing, all their games look tough. Apart from hosting Utd and going to spurs, they still have Leicester at home and go to Everton, Stoke and Southampton. In their current form, those are some real tricky games and wouldn't be surprised if they lost a few of those.

All in all, it's looking pretty good for us and realistically really can't see us finishing worse than 4th taking the above into consideration.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:27 pm

Watford A
Southampton H
West Ham A
Boro H

Those fixtures look scary.
The way we are i could possibly see us getting 7/12.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:48 pm

Since the Everton game our fixtures have been about as cushy as the premier league gets, if we blow top 4 we will only have ourselves to blame.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:51 am

When you look at it its just a joke. As fans we are scared of our lads facing the likes of Watford, its pathetic.
I would be more confident if our last 4 fixtures were City, Spurs, Mancs and Arsenal.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:04 pm

Any of the top 6 would kill for our last 4 games
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:45 pm

If it was Mancs they would be home and dry nicely set for 4th.
Our hope is that we have to somehow pull through.
We are fortunate that Mancs and Arsneal have got some tough games left.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:22 pm

Can someone put up the fixture left for ourselves, Utd, City, & Arsenal in a table ? I tried and failed miserably. Saw it done a couple pages back
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion