Top six run in

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 16, 2017 9:12 pm

7_Kewell » Tue May 16, 2017 8:02 pm wrote:Come on Blunder....I mean Sunderland!  :D

into the last 20 minutes, come on!!
My nerves are shot mate  :laugh:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 16, 2017 9:16 pm

B@stard, 1-0 Arsenal.  :no
A draw there tonight would have pretty much been enough to see us qualify.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Tue May 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Oh well down to final day and it will be highly charged lot of pressure.

Weve a recent history of failing in these situations but simply must convert this chance, beat a relegated team at home to finish 4th.

Key moments in each game will effect both teams, its a circumstance we must handle and condemn Arsenal to the Europa Oeague for first time in 20 years.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue May 16, 2017 9:27 pm

B@stards. Nevermind
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 16, 2017 9:33 pm

parchpea » Tue May 16, 2017 8:26 pm wrote:Oh well down to final day and it will be highly charged lot of pressure.

Weve a recent history of failing in these situations but simply must convert this chance, beat a relegated team at home to finish 4th.

Key moments in each game will effect both teams, its a circumstance we must handle and condemn Arsenal to the Europa Oeague for first time in 20 years.

We've got to look at it as a great opportunity. Back in August if someone would have said all we have to do is beat Boro at home on the last day to qualify for the CL we would have took that all day long.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue May 16, 2017 9:44 pm

I feel more confident now compared to how i felt pre West Ham. I'm sure we will beat Boro convincingly.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:08 pm

In a way it's a simpler task for the players, they know they must win, no excuses
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 17, 2017 12:04 am

I'm still optermistic over finishing 3rd  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:30 am

7_Kewell » Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 pm wrote:I'm still optermistic over finishing 3rd  :nod

It would be perfect so we would avoid the qualifying round in early August but i cant see City slipping up vs a Watford team with nothing to play for, at this point ill just be happy to scrape 4th
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 17, 2017 12:58 pm

Fowler_E7 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:30 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 pm wrote:I'm still optermistic over finishing 3rd  :nod

It would be perfect so we would avoid the qualifying round in early August but i cant see City slipping up vs a Watford team with nothing to play for, at this point ill just be happy to scrape 4th

People said the same about Newcastle against Spurs last season.....

Which makes me a little worried about Sunday against Boro... :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed May 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Have to say I am dreading Sunday, most people I speak too seem confident but these final day showdowns often produce crazy football results purely down to the magnitude of occasion, combined with the instant impact of other games underway.

There is nothing like it in football, not even a cup final, so the unusual dynamic can be a problem for teams mentally.

In terms of both games Everton will just try and win at Arsenal, more space for the home team but a greater goal threat. We will face a Middlesbrough wall, and thats been problematic for us historically.

Massive day, certainly a greater feeling doing it on the last day than easing over the line, though double the pain in failure.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed May 17, 2017 9:59 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat May 20, 2017 7:51 pm

Well Dortmund won today and have automatically qualified for CL we won't be facing them if we have to go through the qualifiers. Hoffenheim will be Germany's representatives in the qualifiers. Also means we have a better chance of being seeded for the qualifiers

So with that in mind, this is how its looking in terms of the teams in the qualifying stage from the EPL,Spanish, German and Italian leagues:

Ourselves
Hoffenheim (we would be seeded ahead of them)
Napoli/Roma (Napoli would be seeded ahead of us but Roma wouldn't so we would want Roma to finish 3rd in the Italian league but they are currently 2nd)
Seville (will be seeded ahead of us)
Sporting Lisbon (we would be seeded ahead of them)

List above could still have the likes of Ajax (Only if they lose the Europa Cup Final, they would have to play earlier qualifiers to make play off but if they make it though, would be seeded ahead of us), Olympiakos (seeded ahead of us), Dinamo Kiev (seeded ahead of us), Zenit (only if they finish ahead of CSKA in the Russian league. CSKA currently ahead. We want it to stay that way as we would be seeded ahead of CSKA not Zenit) added to it, so it really is a waiting game to see how things pan out.

I
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sat May 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Got to be honest, the only ties I'd really worry about are if somehow we were unseeded and drew Seville or Napoli. Also wouldn't really fancy a trek to Russia to face CSKA or Zenit (depending on who finishes 2nd in their league). If Ajax lose the Europa and end up in the qualifiers, that may be another trickyish one along with Sporting Lisbon but over two legs I'd strongly fancy us. Apart from that, the rest of the potential opponents being mentioned, I think we will dispatch pretty easily. Actually think we are probably the team that the others are probably hoping they avoid the most
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Sun May 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Doeboy » Sat May 20, 2017 9:11 pm wrote:Got to be honest, the only ties I'd really worry about are if somehow we were unseeded and drew Seville or Napoli. Also wouldn't really fancy a trek to Russia to face CSKA or Zenit (depending on who finishes 2nd in their league). If Ajax lose the Europa and end up in the qualifiers, that may be another trickyish one along with Sporting Lisbon but over two legs I'd strongly fancy us. Apart from that, the rest of the potential opponents being mentioned, I think we will dispatch pretty easily. Actually think we are probably the team that the others are probably hoping they avoid the most

CSKA have just won 4-0, this combined with yesterday's Dortmund result means should we finish in 4th then we will indeed be seeded
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion