Top 6 prediction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:50 am

Season is almost underway so who do you guys feel will finish top of the league. Few weeks left for the window to close so slight changes can make a difference.

Currently the way teams have made additions i predict the following.

1) City
2) Chelsea
3) Man utd
4) Liverpool
5) Spurs
6) Arsenal
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:59 pm

Activity has been done so what do you guys thing.......

I stand by my prediction but swap Mancs and Chelsea.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:31 pm

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Liverpool
4. Man Utd
5. Spurs
6. Arsenal

I think with a couple of more signings we would have gone very close this season.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:42 am

1. Utd
2. City.
3. Liverpool
4. Chelsea
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal

Arsenal are a mess and I can't see them competing and Spurs have already dropped more points at home than all of last season.

We may have had a disappointing window but the foundations are slowly being laid. We'll secure CL football this season and next season we'll bring in Keita and (hopefully!) address the defence.

Provided we don't have loads of injuries and this current front 3 play together regularly, we can give anyone a run for their money.

Onwards and upwards  :buttrock
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Really depends on if we keep our defenders fit, if we can keep Matip and Lovren we will come 4th if either are out for an extended period then we are in serious trouble unless we survive until January and buy a centre back then but we never sign anyone in January.

1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
5. Spurs
6. Arsenal
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:59 pm

1. Man City (fixed defense by signing top GK, RB, LB, and getting Kompany back; added more attacking talent by bringing in B.Silva)
2. Man Utd (the only side in Europe with a stronger squad are Real Madrid)
3. Tottenham (see below)
4. Chelsea (Matic and Costa are big blows, will be interesting to see if they can adjust. They still have world class players in every position)
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal

2 years on the bounce of Spurs being the top competition for the eventual champions and no one even has them making the top4 ?

- They have one of the 3 best GKs in the league
- best back4 in the league
- 2 top DMs who would get into almost every other side in the league
- 2 of the top attacking midfielders in Europe
- Arguably the best striker in the league

They are by far the most balanced side in the league. Add the likes of Sanchez, Davies, Wanyama, Sissoko, and Son as bench options and they have all the makings of a side that can compete for the title never mind a top4 finish.

Fun fact: they conceded the least amount of goals last season and also finished the season with more goals scored than we did.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:05 pm

Now we've kept Coutinho I've got a funny feeling we are going to do it. My prediction is -

1. LIVERPOOL
2. THE REST
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:03 pm

1; Liverpool
2; a n other
3;     "
4;     "
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:39 pm

aCe' » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:59 am wrote:1. Man City (fixed defense by signing top GK, RB, LB, and getting Kompany back; added more attacking talent by bringing in B.Silva)
2. Man Utd (the only side in Europe with a stronger squad are Real Madrid)
3. Tottenham (see below)
4. Chelsea (Matic and Costa are big blows, will be interesting to see if they can adjust. They still have world class players in every position)
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal

2 years on the bounce of Spurs being the top competition for the eventual champions and no one even has them making the top4 ?

- They have one of the 3 best GKs in the league
- best back4 in the league
- 2 top DMs who would get into almost every other side in the league
- 2 of the top attacking midfielders in Europe
- Arguably the best striker in the league

They are by far the most balanced side in the league. Add the likes of Sanchez, Davies, Wanyama, Sissoko, and Son as bench options and they have all the makings of a side that can compete for the title never mind a top4 finish.

Fun fact: they conceded the least amount of goals last season and also finished the season with more goals scored than we did.

Because there squad is small and they dont have a home stadium, it will be months before they adjust to playing at Wembley.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm in for this...

1. Liverpool
2. Manc utd
3. Spurs
4. Man city
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:05 pm wrote:Now we've kept Coutinho I've got a funny feeling we are going to do it. My prediction is -

1. LIVERPOOL
2. THE REST

:laugh:

:buttrock  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Don't think we'll win the league but we won't drop out of the top 4 either. Our attack is probably among the top 5 in Europe, might be even in the top 3. We might struggle to win anything but we won't drop out of a CL place. I'm thinking we'll finish 3rd or 4th again.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:34 pm

I have waited for pre season and a few games in to be over.
I now have no hesitation in saying that we will struggle to make the top 4 and have NO CHANCE of challenging for the title.
Not while the manager persists with the defenders we have that he uses the way he does.
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:24 pm

I know it's still very early in the season, but got to be honest, I think the way City are going about their business is very ominous and Utd have that steely ability under Maureen to grind out wins when they haven't played particularly well. I think we will have done extremely well to finish above those two imo  but from what I've seen so far, chances seem remote to me.

Now Guardiola and Maureen have got their first seasons and feet under the table out the way and considerably strengthened their squads, they both look like they've pulled away from the pack. Saying that Chelsea seem to have found a perfect replacement in Morata and this is what big money gets you.

We will look like challengers during phase of the season but just seem to ship too many goals (currently joint 3rd most goals let in and only 2 less than rock bottom Crystal Palace who have 0 points)
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:32 pm

I would be happy if we claim a champions league spot.

Title will be contested between Manchester clubs and Chelsea so top 3 is gone.

Spurs and Us will be there abouts and Arsenal will try to crack into 4th.

Im hoping we get into gear and keep up with the top 3.

4th will not be easy this season as Spurs are a tough team to compete with. They have a more balanced team then us and will fight to the end.

If Pepe gets City ticking like the way he has so far then i can see an EPL dominance from City for a few years.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion