Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Top 4 - Will we make it?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 15

Postby Doeboy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:10 pm

Simple really, getting to the business end of the season. Will we get in the CL this year? I say yes

For me, think Wenger has lost the players and fans at Arsenal and just too much negativity around them. The Manc's have games in hand but what with juggilng European games and doing the whole playing on Thursday and then Sunday thing, and also having to fit in the games they have in hand, it is tricky and Maureen knows it. Would not be surprised if they put there eggs in one basket and go all out for the Europa now as looking at the teams left in it, they will definitely be fancying their chances

The above really gives us a cracking chance provided we go out there and do out bit
Last edited by Doeboy on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Yes.

We've got a great chance.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:41 pm

I've voted yes but I think it might be a nail biter.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:08 pm

I think yes, what about you?  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:03 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:41 pm wrote:I've voted yes but I think it might be a nail biter.

+1
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 pm

I think we will miss out now..the mancs are getting more confident it seems  :(
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:09 pm

I think  in terms of momentum and hitting a block of form then it will be between City and ourselves for second place, it might be just me, but we're starting to look a hard side to beat and with Lovren coming back we will have two CB's who have an understanding of each others game. I mean Klavan is ok in certain games but his positioning on occasion leaves him dead in the water  especially with his lack of pace.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:13 pm

Mikz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 pm wrote:I think we will miss out now..the mancs are getting more confident it seems  :(

Mancs have got 2 attempts for Top 4 and i think Mourinho will try Europa route because its very easy.
Make you think the route we had last season compared to the teams that are in now.

Mancs-Dortmund-Villareal-Sevilla.

They will try in the league but i think when they face the other top teams they will falter.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:15 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:09 pm wrote:I think  in terms of momentum and hitting a block of form then it will be between City and ourselves for second place, it might be just me, but we're starting to look a hard side to beat and with Lovren coming back we will have two CB's who have an understanding of each others game. I mean Klavan is ok in certain games but his positioning on occasion leaves him dead in the water  especially with his lack of pace.

Not sure I would rule spurs out of 2nd. To be honest, they seem to go under the radar a bit but was reading they have only lost to ourselves,mancs and chelsea all away this year and are unbeaten at home. Although I think ourselves and City are better going forward, spurs probably have the better balanced team out of the three. 2nd is definitely up for grabs but I'd say realistically unless Manc's string together results despite their european fixtures and Arsenal have a major upturn in form, it's a 3 horse race. Got to remember the teams around us all have games in hand on us, so depending how the results of those games go, things could look very different over the next few weeks.

I'm confident though and we just need to carry on winning and putting the teams around us under pressure. Anymore dodgy results will seriously hurt us now so we simply cannot have the slip ups we've seen this season
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:27 am

Unfortunately I don't think we will make top four. Too inconsistent. Too many players simply off form. Too many injuries.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kartiek » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:03 am

I'm being negative but I don't think we'll be making the top 4. We now have games only against teams outside of the top 6. Which means we'll drop a bunch of points.
kartiek

Postby maguskwt » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:57 am

kartiek » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:03 am wrote:I'm being negative but I don't think we'll be making the top 4. We now have games only against teams outside of the top 6. Which means we'll drop a bunch of points.

That's my concern as well, the moment we clear the more difficult fixtures with better than expected results, and we say yay we have a run of easy fixtures, they feckin disappoint us... :no
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:53 am

I hope we make it but a large part of me believes that shower will bottle it again when the going gets tough.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:11 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:53 am wrote:I hope we make it but a large part of me believes that shower will bottle it again when the going gets tough.

Got to admit, there a few games in our run which i'm looking at and feeling a bit uncomfortable about. Trips to WBA and Stoke look awkward and Southampton at home could be a tricky one as they can pull out decent performances. But this is the test we need to come through to show we are worth a place in the top 4. If we slip up, then I'd hold my hands up and say we were simply not good enough to come top 4 this year
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Doeboy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:11 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:53 am wrote:I hope we make it but a large part of me believes that shower will bottle it again when the going gets tough.

Got to admit, there a few games in our run which i'm looking at and feeling a bit uncomfortable about. Trips to WBA and Stoke look awkward and Southampton at home could be a tricky one as they can pull out decent performances. But this is the test we need to come through to show we are worth a place in the top 4. If we slip up, then I'd hold my hands up and say we were simply not good enough to come top 4 this year

If any team comes out to play against us then we stand a good chance of getting something but the sides we still have to face will want to sit and that is what will do us. We haven't got an answer all season for it so hopefully they are working on it over in Spain.
Until the other sides play out their games in hand we have to treat every game as its our last till we see where we are.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion