Arsenal H

LIVERPOOL GAMES

Sunderland A
Man Utd A
Swansea H
Chelsea H
Hull A

Tough fixtures for both..

Atm were playing catch and the problem is we can't slip up points. It's going to be difficult maintaining this.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:29 pm

8 more wins to go  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:33 pm

7 more wins

Won last one was 31 Dec.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:28 pm

7 more wins to go  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:43 am

kazza » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:28 pm wrote:7 more wins to go  :buttrock

We've actually slightly slipped under that magical 2 points per game mark (1.96).
A few more wins like the Tottenham one will soon sort that out though!
:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Not trying to be the wet blanket here... but you guys do know that the deeper in the season we go, the harder it is to move up and down the points right?
:cool:
So unless we bring that average point to above 2 really soon, we will be in deep trouble...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:24 pm

A win in the next game brings it back to the 2 points a game mark.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:24 am

A win in the the next match may well make or break our season. As it happens we seem to struggle against teams that defend deep and we seem to dominate anyone that plays open football. We have an interesting mix of styles coming up starting with Leicester at theirs ( a place they have gotten better results) then Arsenal then Burnley then City then Everton. The potential Bannana skin being Leicester and Burnley. If we can beat Leicester ( they will be occupied with their CL tie) I think we should have no trouble with Arsenal and Burnley at home and hopefully momentum enough to beat City and then Everton. It is all ifs and buts but I think very probable and hopefully momentum will carry us through the final stretch against teams that will park the bus. Our last six matches are against lower caliber teams that have been giving us trouble. It all starts with Leicester which may be the biggest game of our season and one we must win.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:03 pm

6 more wins
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:30 pm

I'm concerned that 4th won't do it this season. I'm not sure United will finish in the top 4, but I could easily see them winning the Europa League this year. You look at who we had to go thru last year- Villarreal, United, Dortmund and Sevilla- That's who we actually had to play. This year there's only Roma, Lyon, Schalke... Significantly less talent in the cup, and knowing United they'll continue to draw the clubs nobody has heard of and end up playing somebody like Beskitas in the final. I'd hate to get 4th and united not qualify, then lose it to them because they win the Europa League..
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby redshade » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:46 pm

Then we must raise our game, keep performing consistently and aim for 3rd.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:58 pm

ethanr » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:30 pm wrote:I'm concerned that 4th won't do it this season. I'm not sure United will finish in the top 4, but I could easily see them winning the Europa League this year. You look at who we had to go thru last year- Villarreal, United, Dortmund and Sevilla- That's who we actually had to play. This year there's only Roma, Lyon, Schalke... Significantly less talent in the cup, and knowing United they'll continue to draw the clubs nobody has heard of and end up playing somebody like Beskitas in the final. I'd hate to get 4th and united not qualify, then lose it to them because they win the Europa League..

Yeah good point
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:28 am

Predictably we beat Arsenal, another team that plays football (funny thing is they tried in the first half to park the bus but just could not do it  :laugh: ) but next we have Burnley, a definite " park the bus"er.

WE HAVE TO FIND A SOLUTION to playing these teams and if we can we will take second, it is that simple. We have 11 matches left and at a stretch only three will play football potentially ( City, maybe Everton and maybe West Ham) the rest will defend deep and wait for a defensive mistake and counter attack. 2nd place is ours to lose as our final stretch is the easiest if you go on the opposition's league position. Having an average squad of players can only be used as an excuse when playing better teams not worse and we played all the top teams except city ( and I think we will beat them).

We must sort this out and frankly it is this that will prove whether Klopp is a good manager. Klopp has had all season to find a way to beat these defensive team so now is the time to earn his money. We must qualify for the Champions League if we want to move forward and get better players and we have a great chance on paper, we need to just make it happen, now!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:58 pm wrote:
ethanr » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:30 pm wrote:I'm concerned that 4th won't do it this season. I'm not sure United will finish in the top 4, but I could easily see them winning the Europa League this year. You look at who we had to go thru last year- Villarreal, United, Dortmund and Sevilla- That's who we actually had to play. This year there's only Roma, Lyon, Schalke... Significantly less talent in the cup, and knowing United they'll continue to draw the clubs nobody has heard of and end up playing somebody like Beskitas in the final. I'd hate to get 4th and united not qualify, then lose it to them because they win the Europa League..

Yeah good point

Man U winning the Europa has no bearing on 4th whatsoever

If they win Europa and finish 5th then 5 teams end up in the CL
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion