STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:43 pm

To me Gerrard's decision should be quite simple. Become a coach under Klopp and learn from one of the best managers in the game right now. He could do coaching for midfield players. He could continue his mentor-ship to players like Can and Marko Grujic. He would be a real asset to have in the dressing room. And he could also benefit from working with Klopp.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:11 pm

maguskwt » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:43 pm wrote:To me Gerrard's decision should be quite simple. Become a coach under Klopp and learn from one of the best managers in the game right now. He could do coaching for midfield players. He could continue his mentor-ship to players like Can and Marko Grujic. He would be a real asset to have in the dressing room. And he could also benefit from working with Klopp.

:nod  :nod  :nod

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:18 pm

Is it me or does Jurgen always seem irritated when reporters quizz him about Gerrard in his press conferences?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:36 am

Think Klopp gets irritated when he's constantly asked the same question. He's answered these before and his stance hasn't changed. The door is open.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:32 pm

Gerrard will have to make a conscious effort to maintain a low profile if he takes the job or it'll end in tears. There's only one boss....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:18 pm wrote:Is it me or does Jurgen always seem irritated when reporters quizz him about Gerrard in his press conferences?

Not just you Yakka. Post Gerrards announcement that he was retiring from playing I was a bit surprised by Klopps reaction to some of the questions he's been asked about Gerrard, admittedly he's probably tired of them and would prefer to talk about the team and upcoming fixtures not Gerrards future HOWEVER he must surely realise Gerrard is a legend at LFC and such questions are to be expected.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Its made Klopps job that little bit harder, from his perspective hes got his own staff who he trusts but Gerrard will likely be parachuted in, and if he rejects it then he becomes the bad guy. I would also be amazed if he didnt feel a little threatened by him, as much as people play down his lack of experience there is no more emotionally driven club than Liverpool.

Just bringing a development team coach in sounds fine but Gerrard is a massive figure at Liverpool and whilst I personally disagree fans would choose him over Kloppo any day. His presence will definitely change the dynamic at Anfield, absolutely 100%, and we all hope for the better but the ship can become unstable here, certainly an element of risk, and that is why Klopp comes across different on this issue.

parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Guess who's back  :buttrock

Steven Gerrard: Liverpool to hire former captain as youth coach

Former Liverpool and England captain Steven Gerrard is to return to the Premier League club as a youth coach.

Gerrard, 36, who made his Liverpool debut in 1998, will begin the job in February.

The midfielder left Anfield at the end of the 2014-15 season to join MLS side LA Galaxy and retired as a player in November after a 19-year career.

"It feels like completing the circle, returning to the place where it all began," Gerrard said.

"However, this isn't a decision based on emotion - it's about what I can offer and contribute," he added.

"When I knew coming back was a serious option I wanted to make sure it was a substantive role.

"This gives me a great opportunity to learn and develop as a coach, while at the same time offering my knowledge, ideas and experience to the young players at an important period of their development."

Liverpool said he would bring "experience and expertise" to the role, as well as "unparalleled knowledge of the fabric and ethos of Liverpool football club".

Gerrard had been linked with the manager's job at League One side MK Dons after announcing he would leave LA Galaxy, but said the opportunity came "too soon" for him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Gerrards wife Alex probably on the pop tonight celebrating more than most about this appointment.

Nice hes back and no doubt any academy boys raised as Liverpool fans will be over the moon.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Gerrards wife Alex probably on the pop tonight celebrating more than most about this appointment.

Nice hes back and no doubt any academy boys raised as Liverpool fans will be over the moon.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:27 am

I don't get that comment about his missus?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:49 am

He will be out of the house now hes back in work, I will try harder next time and only once  :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:53 am

Teach the kids spirit, to love our club and most of all.... how to shoot !!!!!!!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:15 pm

:) ... i think Gerrard's kinda shooting cannot be taught mate... you either have it or you don't...
I still remember the goal he scored as a youngster at wembley in the 5-0 demolition of germany. Back then, he wasnt still well known for his screamers...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion