Sky/Internet Generation Fans

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:35 am

Bad Bob » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:46 pm wrote:
heimdall » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:11 pm wrote:but maybe just maybe Rafa if given a good budget could do it, might mean that we get rid of Comolli though which would be no bad thing. Certainly rafa is the best manager we've over the last 20 years, although tw1t and tw@t drove him to madness that last year but then they did that to everyone.

Christ on a bike, did I read that right?  Heimy now thinks Rafa's the best manager we've had in two decades?  Where's the utterly gobsmacked smiley? :O

To put this seismic opinion shift in context, do yourselves a favour and go to the old Rafa thread (http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/liverpool-fc-forum/rafa-benitez-leaves-liverpool-official-thread-includes-merged-threads-t27215.html) and put in the search term "Heimdall".  What a revelation!  Favourite Heimy quotes include:

The thing I find odd is why everyone believes rafa lives and breathes Liverpool, he doesn't seem too excited when we score does he?

I think he's a cold-hearted calculating manipulator who has relied on his coaching staff to get him where he is today, he certainly isn't a genius, a footballing genius would not be in the sh1tty situation we are currently in, injuries or no injuries. Even when Arsenal have been at their lowest ebb they still showed more fire more passion, more planning for the future than we do at the moment.

We must have a change of manager, if not the club is fecked, if we drop out of 4th spot I'm not sure we'll ever get back unless we get some crazy billionaire buying us.

I for one can't wait. I am sick to death of Rafa now, he's had 5 and a bit years and we are falling apart because of his genius management style, please let him go to Real Madrid, at least we'll know how to score against them in corners.  :D

And perhaps the most ironic comment of all given his recent about-face:

oh hang on has the weather vane changed direction again, do you like Rafa again now after one win against a 10 man Pompey at home.
Bloody hell if you look up the word fickle in the dictionary, there you are Ciggy.  :D

Heimdall: fickle personified or contrarian WUM?  Your answers on a postcard...

Oh wow that brings back some memories  :D

yes I confess I was at the front of the queue in wanting Rafa out but looking back on it I think my anger was slightly misplaced. It was the owners who got to rafa and much as I hated them I probably should have hated them that little bit more. having said that at the time rafa did need to leave but that doesn't mean that he wasn't the best manager we've had in 20 years, results would seem to prove that statement true.
Rafa seems like a logical choice as long as he was given money to buidl the team, I certainly can't think of any other top manager who would even consider us at the present time.
heimdall

Postby aCe' » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:38 am

heimdall » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:11 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:08 pm wrote:Who will take over if you get your wish and Kenny is sacked.

And don't say Mourinho

I really don't know, I actually don't think Mourinho would be right for us but maybe just maybe Rafa if given a good budget could do it, might mean that we get rid of Comolli though which would be no bad thing. Certainly rafa is the best manager we've over the last 20 years, although tw1t and tw@t drove him to madness that last year but then they did that to everyone.

aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:01 pm

absolutely the most entertaining thread in recent times...

keep it up guys  :bowdown

nice read...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:40 pm

speaking of benitez for those posters who arent local benitez was in the echo tonight saying he wants the liverpool job again especially with stable owners and if he has to wait 10 years to get the job he will.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:40 pm wrote:speaking of benitez for those posters who arent local benitez was in the echo tonight saying he wants the liverpool job again especially with stable owners and if he has to wait 10 years to get the job he will.

That's my Uncle Benny! Love the guy too much. Hope to see him back in the managerial hot seat after Kenny's done.
Boxscarf

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:40 pm wrote:speaking of benitez for those posters who arent local benitez was in the echo tonight saying he wants the liverpool job again especially with stable owners and if he has to wait 10 years to get the job he will.

that's funny, he was on Football Focus a few weeks ago saying how much he wanted the Chelsea job...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:36 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:54 am wrote:

that's funny, he was on Football Focus a few weeks ago saying how much he wanted the Chelsea job...

Ironically, my last post applies to your reply too  :lookaround
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:07 am

Heimdall: fickle personified or contrarian WUM?  Your answers on a postcard...[/quote]

I wish you lads would stop comparing my level of fickleness with other peoples', its getting past a joke now, I'm far more fickle.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:25 am

Reg » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:07 pm wrote:Heimdall: fickle personified or contrarian WUM?  Your answers on a postcard...

I wish you lads would stop comparing my level of fickleness with other peoples', its getting past a joke now, I'm far more fickle.[/quote]

I find it weird that I'm getting criticised for changing my opinion, in fairness I'm more known for being a stubborn and annoying git aren't I?  :D
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:26 am

I reckon he'll only have to wait about 2 months.
heimdall

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:08 am

heimdall » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:25 am wrote:
Reg » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:07 pm wrote:Heimdall: fickle personified or contrarian WUM?  Your answers on a postcard...

I wish you lads would stop comparing my level of fickleness with other peoples', its getting past a joke now, I'm far more fickle.

I find it weird that I'm getting criticised for changing my opinion, in fairness I'm more known for being a stubborn and annoying git aren't I?  :D[/quote]

Exactly mate, you leave 'fickle' to me, thank you.  :veryangry
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:21 am

I wouldn't mind him coming back from pure footballing point of view... however some would for other reasons... and it will start all over again on this forum...  :laugh:

man wins one of the most covetted cup in football -> he needs to stop rotating
man wins another trophy in second year -> he needs to play his best team plus he's a fat spanish waiter
man reaches another CL final -> pays too much attention to europe
man breaks club's point total 2 times -> too methodical and too cold a manager, needs to give arm round the shoulder treatment to players
man buys Torres turns him into a world class striker, creates a midfield made up of Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard and Sissoko -> too many players bought and sold
man pushes man united all the way for the first ever title challenge in years -> lost it with the press conference rant
man gets us reaching CL every season except for his last -> taken for granted...
man had a bad season under the worst ownership ever in modern times -> it's all benitez fault... out out out...

:laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:12 am

maguskwt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:21 am wrote:

I wouldn't mind him coming back from pure footballing point of view... however some would for other reasons... and it will start all over again on this forum...  :laugh:

man wins one of the most covetted cup in football -> he needs to stop rotating
man wins another trophy in second year -> he needs to play his best team plus he's a fat spanish waiter
man reaches another CL final -> pays too much attention to europe
man breaks club's point total 2 times -> too methodical and too cold a manager, needs to give arm round the shoulder treatment to players
man buys Torres turns him into a world class striker, creates a midfield made up of Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard and Sissoko -> too many players bought and sold
man pushes man united all the way for the first ever title challenge in years -> lost it with the press conference rant
man gets us reaching CL every season except for his last -> taken for granted...
man had a bad season under the worst ownership ever in modern times -> it's all benitez fault... out out out...

:laugh:

Top class post mate, well done.  :bowdown  :cool:  :bowdown
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:55 pm

Have i just stumbled into a thread that  certain poster( (Heimdall ) ,good to see you posting again i think ) is advocating the return of a certain Mr benitez . The very same fat spanish ***** who brought nothing but havoc on our club , the man who tried to get rid of such illustrious owners as Gillett and Hicks . The very scourge of Norway and the man who personlly shat on mr heimdalls doorstep. Not rafa the waister of millions , not rafa the splitter of dressing rooms , not rafa the mn who subbed torres at birmingham , not rafa the jammy ***** who got us to two champions league finals and numerous quarters and semis . Not that rafa surely not , surely you want Roy the owl back or maybe martin o'neil (what a job he's done at sunderland ) . Is this an alterntite universe i've visited , am i dreaming and if i am cn i just get this off my chest .

UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Get him back asap. The rebuilding job may be bigger than when he first got here as we are nowhere near the top 4 now but with the right backing from FSG I think we could become a force again.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion