Sky/Internet Generation Fans

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Boxscarf » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:06 pm wrote:I've written this season off, I just want it to finish, I want summer to come

Hope we win at Newcastle...won't cut my wrists if we don't.....how the season can be written off when there is a FA Cup Semi final to be played is wildly premature in my view.....but thats the modern take on footy...if you're not 4th you're nothing :blush:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:57 pm

supersub » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:20 am wrote:
Hope we win at Newcastle...won't cut my wrists if we don't.....how the season can be written off when there is a FA Cup Semi final to be played is wildly premature in my view.....but thats the modern take on footy...if you're not 4th you're nothing :blush:

My frustration has got nothing to do with fourth place, it's got everything to do with our footballers not doing their job properly. Yes we are in the FA Cup semi-final, which is fantastic, I hope we go on to win the competition, but given the fact that we sit on 5 defeats out of 6. 3 wins in 14 matches or there abouts, our form needs to drastically change if we are to win the FA Cup semi-final and indeed win the final itself. Chelsea or Spurs will be our opponents in the final (if we depatch of Everton) and if we play like we have been doing over the past two months, we'll be picking up the runners up medal, for sure.

Bar our two fantastic cup runs, one of which has secured some form of European football for next season which I am delighted about, our season has been disastrous, we have made no progress forward, we're static sitting in a similar position to last season and that's unacceptable given the large scale investment put into the club for new players.

It's all good being a sun shiner and saying everything is fine, but I'd consider our form of late to be that of relegation candidates, so everything is not fine. That said I still believe in Kenny and I desperately want him to be the man to turn our fortunes around, but he needs to make big changes in the summer to both the playing staff and to his approach to management because something, somewhere isn't working.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Boxscarf » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:57 am wrote:
supersub » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:20 am wrote:

My frustration has got nothing to do with fourth place, it's got everything to do with our footballers not doing their job properly. Yes we are in the FA Cup semi-final, which is fantastic, I hope we go on to win the competition, but given the fact that we sit on 5 defeats out of 6. 3 wins in 14 matches or there abouts, our form needs to drastically change if we are to win the FA Cup semi-final and indeed win the final itself. Chelsea or Spurs will be our opponents in the final (if we depatch of Everton) and if we play like we have been doing over the past two months, we'll be picking up the runners up medal, for sure.

Bar our two fantastic cup runs, one of which has secured some form of European football for next season which I am delighted about, our season has been disastrous, we have made no progress forward, we're static sitting in a similar position to last season and that's unacceptable given the large scale investment put into the club for new players.

It's all good being a sun shiner and saying everything is fine, but I'd consider our form of late to be that of relegation candidates, so everything is not fine. That said I still believe in Kenny and I desperately want him to be the man to turn our fortunes around, but he needs to make big changes in the summer to both the playing staff and to his approach to management because something, somewhere isn't working.

no one is being a `sun shiner` and saying everything is fine, if anything the people you describe as `sun shiners` are more accurately described as `wind and rainers`, just because it`s starts p1$$ing down they dont go running for shelter, they are prepared to see out the storm.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:27 pm

never for one minute suggested everything is rosy at operation Anfield......far from it...having said that, I don't see getting 4th, 3rd or 2nd as the pinnacle of the season if you fail to win the league.....and all's lost if the top 4 has not been achieved. the home record is appalling and needs to be addressed with great haste but thats a matter for the management at Liverpool to put that straight...I'm happy to give them that time if on the journey we are able to pick up a pot or 2........see you all at Wembley saturday 14th...

sun shiners......not me , I'm there during all weathers including fog, snow and ice and of course the wind and the rain
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:46 pm

heimdall » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:11 pm wrote:but maybe just maybe Rafa if given a good budget could do it, might mean that we get rid of Comolli though which would be no bad thing. Certainly rafa is the best manager we've over the last 20 years, although tw1t and tw@t drove him to madness that last year but then they did that to everyone.

Christ on a bike, did I read that right?  Heimy now thinks Rafa's the best manager we've had in two decades?  Where's the utterly gobsmacked smiley? :O

To put this seismic opinion shift in context, do yourselves a favour and go to the old Rafa thread (http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/liverpool-fc-forum/rafa-benitez-leaves-liverpool-official-thread-includes-merged-threads-t27215.html) and put in the search term "Heimdall".  What a revelation!  Favourite Heimy quotes include:

The thing I find odd is why everyone believes rafa lives and breathes Liverpool, he doesn't seem too excited when we score does he?

I think he's a cold-hearted calculating manipulator who has relied on his coaching staff to get him where he is today, he certainly isn't a genius, a footballing genius would not be in the sh1tty situation we are currently in, injuries or no injuries. Even when Arsenal have been at their lowest ebb they still showed more fire more passion, more planning for the future than we do at the moment.

We must have a change of manager, if not the club is fecked, if we drop out of 4th spot I'm not sure we'll ever get back unless we get some crazy billionaire buying us.

I for one can't wait. I am sick to death of Rafa now, he's had 5 and a bit years and we are falling apart because of his genius management style, please let him go to Real Madrid, at least we'll know how to score against them in corners.  :D

And perhaps the most ironic comment of all given his recent about-face:

oh hang on has the weather vane changed direction again, do you like Rafa again now after one win against a 10 man Pompey at home.
Bloody hell if you look up the word fickle in the dictionary, there you are Ciggy.  :D

Heimdall: fickle personified or contrarian WUM?  Your answers on a postcard...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:01 pm

heimdork :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Heimdall is being Heimdall thats all :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:12 pm wrote:
no one is being a `sun shiner` and saying everything is fine, if anything the people you describe as `sun shiners` are more accurately described as `wind and rainers`, just because it`s starts p1$$ing down they dont go running for shelter, they are prepared to see out the storm.

I think supporters have every right to be annoyed with how last summers investments have performed this season and our league position. Just because you're prepared to bite your tongue and not say anything doesn't make you any better of a supporter than someone like myself who is quite prepared to give Kenny more time, but who believes he has squandered an incredible amount of money and whose team is not performing in the League. Our League form this season just isn't good enough whether you'll admit it or not. If your owners give your manager £100m investment into new players and the club hasn't progressed, then surely as a supporter it is your duty to ask questions?

As for people like Heimdall, they are the worst kind of supporter, so many anti-Rafa fans are now coming out and wanting his return it's sickening. I always said that Rafa wouldn't be given the respect he was due while being our manager, yet he's been our best manager over the past twenty years. Just head over to the .tv forums and you'll see plenty of fans wanting Rafa's return, yet those same fans two years ago were calling for his head and were calling for Dalglish to be installed as our manager. Now those same fans have turned on Dalglish. Mindless idiots is what those fans are.
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Heimdum  :bowdown
Benny The Noon

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:14 pm

heimdall » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:04 pm wrote:
Kenny Kan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:29 am wrote:They're on these boards in droves.

From my point of view you give everything a fair chance, and kenny has had more than a fair chance from all fans, he's also had, and wasted, the biggest transfer budget of any Liverpool manager ever, he has massively underachieved and for that he needs to go otherwise we'll be singing YNWA in the conference within a very short amount of time.

So fkn glad I aint got u sat alongside me come the day we have to man up and rely on each other. Talk about knee jerk.... "YNWA in the Conference"??? Get real, we haven't seen football as exciting as this (in most games, agreed not all) in quite some time - tho yeah the finishin needs a lotta work. I'd rather be seein what I'm seein, specially now Kenny's given an appearance to Sterling with a veiled promise of more, than the turgid stuff of a few years ago.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Results mean far more to me than performances. I couldn't care less how we win, as long as we win. Fancy pants football is not a necessity to me, but winning is. This is probably why I didn't mind Benitez's brand of football because he won more matches than he lost.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:44 pm

Boxscarf » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:21 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:12 pm wrote:

I think supporters have every right to be annoyed with how last summers investments have performed this season and our league position. Just because you're prepared to bite your tongue and not say anything doesn't make you any better of a supporter than someone like myself who is quite prepared to give Kenny more time, but who believes he has squandered an incredible amount of money and whose team is not performing in the League. Our League form this season just isn't good enough whether you'll admit it or not. If your owners give your manager £100m investment into new players and the club hasn't progressed, then surely as a supporter it is your duty to ask questions?

As for people like Heimdall, they are the worst kind of supporter, so many anti-Rafa fans are now coming out and wanting his return it's sickening. I always said that Rafa wouldn't be given the respect he was due while being our manager, yet he's been our best manager over the past twenty years. Just head over to the .tv forums and you'll see plenty of fans wanting Rafa's return, yet those same fans two years ago were calling for his head and were calling for Dalglish to be installed as our manager. Now those same fans have turned on Dalglish. Mindless idiots is what those fans are.

no one expects fans to be over the moon with the way things have gone this season but there is no patience or leeway given to managers these days by sky generation whoppers, if the signings dont work out straight away thats it, the manager has got to go, get someone else in.
look at moyes at everton, his early seasons at the club were very erratic, one season he finished 7th then the next he finishes 4th from bottom, then moyes finishes 4th above us in rafa`s first season but after that he finishes below halfway again, one minute he was over achieving the next minute he was underachieving but the everton board didnt flap or panic they stuck with him and now he is widely regarded as one of the better managers in the game who has got everton punching above their weight.
at liverpool if he finished 7th one year then 4th to bottom the next he`d be gone, especially with the amount of kneejerk whoppers that follow us these days, they would have well pressed the panic button. they just dont seem to understand the concept that even good managers can go through really tough times but come through them. ferguson, kendall, moyes, bobby robson at ipswich even bill shankly here all had bad times before the good times arrived.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:54 pm

True fans support the club, and everything it represents.

Now anyone can take this in any way they like.

Here is how I look at it.

We have a right to be fed up. When it comes to success, we are bloody starving ! For me its perfectly understandable that people are running out of patience. But you have to remember, we are emerging from the dark cloud H & G left. Can we demand instant success with finance and a new manager? No, of course not. But we are allowed to be impatient and fed up when things are not going so well, especially when we are more stable today off the pitch than in recent times.

People who are calling for Kenny to be sacked, while I disagree totally, I have no problems with the reasoning. He has indeed been out of the game a long time, and it has changed ( more-so for the monies involved today ), so maybe he should be remembered for his past merits rather than the current day failings.

The players, yes, they can be blamed. They cannot be blamed for the fees paid out for them but they sure as hell can be blamed for not bothering to put in a shift to justify the pay they get. We have a range of players who are more than good enough but have simply failed to turn up. People question our signings, and that's fair enough, but to put the blame entirely on Kenny is wrong. The players Kenny signed were the darlings of the media. They were the best of British, and as has been proven, they bloody are not. So many times this season our players have failed to portray the qualities that got them the media highlight in the first place. I remember when the Bosman ruling came into effect and Johan Cruyff refused to give players a contract longer than 2 years as this would make them feel "they have made it". This very much applies today, the reputation carries them so far, the last year or so of the 5 year contract demands a performance, just look at Rooney, isn't he due a renewal?

My point is, we have to look at where we were. We then have to look at where we are. And of course, where we will be.

There is a lot of work to be done. The frustration is there, the anger, the feeling of helplessness....

But these feelings were here way before Shankly took over, when a foundation needed to be set, and today, we need to set a new foundation. Not so much patience, we are all running out of that, but perhaps decorum?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:27 am

Kenny Kan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:24 am wrote:
heimdall » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:11 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:08 pm wrote:Who will take over if you get your wish and Kenny is sacked.

And don't say Mourinho

I really don't know, I actually don't think Mourinho would be right for us but maybe just maybe Rafa if given a good budget could do it, might mean that we get rid of Comolli though which would be no bad thing. Certainly rafa is the best manager we've over the last 20 years, although tw1t and tw@t drove him to madness that last year but then they did that to everyone.

I really don't know how you have the audacity to come back on these boards and say that.  :Oo:

?? in what way, I know I wanted rafa out, I have already admitted that, but in rafa's defence he has had no money to spend the last few years and I think he lost the plot. I am however fairly sure he would have spent £100 million better than Comolli and kenny did and I', fairly certain that he wouldn't be to worried about my opinion of him, surely i don't wield that much power.  :devil:
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion