Sky/Internet Generation Fans

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:57 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:39 pm wrote:Good post
Some of these people are a disgrace to this club. If they think that the unfair and disrespectful criticism of KK is acceptable then they are no fans of LFC.
I for one didnt want KK to come back for various reasons. But once he was brought in he had, and still has my 100% support. We are going through a bad patch at the moment but for much of the season we have been in the top 6, if not the top 4. So now things have got tough, the weak get going with their hysterical, "change the manager" cries. Do us all a favour and follow Torres to the west end you gang of imbeciles.
KK deserves our full and unequivical support, especially at this testing time and if you dont understand that, you are simply not worthy of calling yourself a Liverpool fan
YNWA

I repeat again that I have no intention of supporting any other CLUB than LFC but I may well stop supporting the manager, that is my right and you can't tell me who to support or pretending that you are more of a fan, that is a pathetic argument.

Let me ask you guys this, if Woy was still our manager and we were in exactly the same position, i.e on heroic cup victory over Cardiff and 7th in the league, would you be saying back the manager?
heimdall

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:02 pm

heimdall » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:57 pm wrote:
Some of these people are a disgrace to this club. If they think that the unfair and disrespectful criticism of KK is acceptable then they are no fans of LFC.
I for one didnt want KK to come back for various reasons. But once he was brought in he had, and still has my 100% support. We are going through a bad patch at the moment but for much of the season we have been in the top 6, if not the top 4. So now things have got tough, the weak get going with their hysterical, "change the manager" cries. Do us all a favour and follow Torres to the west end you gang of imbeciles.
KK deserves our full and unequivical support, especially at this testing time and if you dont understand that, you are simply not worthy of calling yourself a Liverpool fan
YNWA

I repeat again that I have no intention of supporting any other CLUB than LFC but I may well stop supporting the manager, that is my right and you can't tell me who to support or pretending that you are more of a fan, that is a pathetic argument.

Let me ask you guys this, if Woy was still our manager and we were in exactly the same position, i.e on heroic cup victory over Cardiff and 7th in the league, would you be saying back the manager?

hodgson was different,  he was seen as a yes man who would defend the owners in public while the club was being dismantled behind the scene`s.
if hodgson would have arrived under a different regime he would have got more time.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby heimdall » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:06 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:02 pm wrote:
YNWA

hodgson was different,  he was seen as a yes man who would defend the owners in public while the club was being dismantled behind the scene`s.
if hodgson would have arrived under a different regime he would have got more time.

Interesting so you aren't judging the manager on results but on personality, maybe that is where the difference in perspective comes from. Incidentally I have massive respect for Daglish as a player and manager first time round but I think he's lost it, he just isn't a good enough manager for us. If that upsets some of you then so be it but it's my view and I'll stick to it.
At the end of the day we all want our club to be successful, we just have different views on how to achieve that.
heimdall

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:43 pm

YNWA

Yes Hodgson would get our support if he had won a trophy and had us at 7th - but he didnt - he never came close.

Its fuckwits like you that wanted Rafa gone - gave Hodgson all the support he didnt deserve and now want Kenny gone

Which one of those three did f*ck all for the club.

The club doesnt need fans like you.
Benny The Noon

Postby heimdall » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:43 pm wrote:
YNWA

Yes Hodgson would get our support if he had won a trophy and had us at 7th - but he didnt - he never came close.

Its fuckwits like you that wanted Rafa gone - gave Hodgson all the support he didnt deserve and now want Kenny gone

Which one of those three did f*ck all for the club.

The club doesnt need fans like you.

fuckwit now, well it's a good thing that the mods no longer count bad language or abuse towards other members isn't it GYBS.

Incidentally you are correct I did want rafa out but i certainly did not want Hodgson in. I was happy when kenny came in, he was a great interim manager but it's now time for the club to move forwards, and that doesn't include him. That doesn't mean I don't thank him for the job he's done but if he continues we will carry on tumbling down the table and as a fan I don't want to see that.
heimdall

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Who will take over if you get your wish and Kenny is sacked.

And don't say Mourinho
Benny The Noon

Postby heimdall » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:08 pm wrote:Who will take over if you get your wish and Kenny is sacked.

And don't say Mourinho

I really don't know, I actually don't think Mourinho would be right for us but maybe just maybe Rafa if given a good budget could do it, might mean that we get rid of Comolli though which would be no bad thing. Certainly rafa is the best manager we've over the last 20 years, although tw1t and tw@t drove him to madness that last year but then they did that to everyone.
heimdall

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:21 pm

So you spend 18 months slating Rafa asking for him to be sacked and now you think he should be back ? Is that so you can kick him all over again. I'm sure Rafa will jump at the chance to be treated like Sh*t again.
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:14 pm

heimdall » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:06 pm wrote:
Interesting so you aren't judging the manager on results but on personality, maybe that is where the difference in perspective comes from. Incidentally I have massive respect for Daglish as a player and manager first time round but I think he's lost it, he just isn't a good enough manager for us. If that upsets some of you then so be it but it's my view and I'll stick to it.
At the end of the day we all want our club to be successful, we just have different views on how to achieve that.

i meant that anyone seen to be appointed by the 2 yanks and purslow were never going to be given much of a chance by the fans, even in hodgsons first press conference fans were all over his every word looking for anything to pull him up on.
i felt a bit sorry for hodgson, the opportunity to manage a big club got offered to him so he took it just as any manager would, he wasnt involved in any of the $*i*e that had gone on over the previous few years but once he accepted the job he was seen as the owners yes man.
whoever took that job at that time never really stood a chance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:36 am

In fairness y-whatever your name is - Hodgson knew he was accepting a poisoned chalice taking over from Rafa, that the yanks were hated and that the fans had wanted Kenny. The guy knew no manager had a fair chance until the yanks had been kicked out - remember the internal turmoil at the club? Its not like he took a golden opportunity under normal circumstances, he knew it was a one-off pay day - he's not stupid.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:24 am

heimdall » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:11 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:08 pm wrote:Who will take over if you get your wish and Kenny is sacked.

And don't say Mourinho

I really don't know, I actually don't think Mourinho would be right for us but maybe just maybe Rafa if given a good budget could do it, might mean that we get rid of Comolli though which would be no bad thing. Certainly rafa is the best manager we've over the last 20 years, although tw1t and tw@t drove him to madness that last year but then they did that to everyone.

I really don't know how you have the audacity to come back on these boards and say that.  :Oo:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:11 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:51 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:41 pm wrote:
Kenny Kan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:29 am wrote:They're on these boards in droves.

Definition: Exposure of football brought on by the Murdoch cooperation and in conjunction with the world wide web has picked up a new age footballing fan. One, who spits their dummies out and stamps their feet if things don't go according to plan; i.e. they turn on their manager very quickly (not even a full season, where even a cup has been won!)and are akin to Roman Abramovich and the demandings he places on his managers. Never mind that this 'new age' philosophy contradicts everything about Liverpool FC and its 'way' which affords patience and support when walking through a storm. No, that's irrelevant to the sky/inet generation fan - demanding instant success is their philosophy and no matter how great and iconic one is (Kenny Dalglish), they won't let this legend stand in the way of a good f.ucking witch hunt.

it`s not just us though mate every club has this generation of fifa 09 experts within their fanbase. look at arsenal, look at the dire, turgid $h1te they used to play under the likes of terry neill, don howe and even george `1-0 to the arsenal` graham. for years and years throughout football they were the team no one wanted to watch, they were the most negative, boring side you could ever imagine. wenger comes in and changes the whole philosophy of the club, suddenly the kings of knocking the ball long are the kings of knocking the ball short, they play some great stuff and with end product too, they win league titles, f.a cups, domestic doubles, league cups and even appear in a european cup final, what happens when they go through a bad spell? they take bin bags to the stadium to signify they arent prepared to watch this rubbish. those fans who used to go to highbury back in the day must have been shaking their heads in disbelief, surely the manager who built arsenal a side who went through the entire season unbeaten (the only other time that happened was in the 1880`s) and won the title deserves more than that?
not in the eyes of the modern football fan.
in the 1980`s there was a change in philosophy that was brought into the country by the thatcher government, greed was good, a me, me, me culture took hold, if you had to $hit on your workmates to make an extra few bob then that was cool, if someone needed to throw 3,000 people onto the dole to get their share price up a few pence then so be it, this was a new dynamic britain, no time for losers here.
this modern generation was brought up in that culture, you cant blame them really they know no different.
they know the price of everthing but the value of nothing.

That would make a brilliant signature .

agree.....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:54 am

i'm off to newcastle on sunday and will be 100% behind the team, despite the fact that i have no confidence in us to get a result even though we play better against the better sides.

can't wait to come back on here after the game if we do get beat, especially if everton are above us by that stage.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:06 pm

There won't be a massive reaction from me if we lose to Newcastle and find ourselves underneath Everton. I've written this season off, I just want it to finish, I want summer to come and I want a better calibre of player brought in for sensible prices. Hopefully FSG will continue to back Kenny in the market and fingers crossed that I don't wake up to find that we've signed Joshua McClean from Sunderland for £18m or something stupid.
Boxscarf

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:15 pm

you mean james mclean? :D

i know what you mean though. yet another example of a young british/irish player who's had a decent 6 months and now flavour of the month. so fits our criteria then :oops:

was watching him last night and he was woeful. his crossing made stuart downing's look like steve heighway's :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion