SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:52 pm

He was an odd signing from the off really. He’s your classic heavy footed goal line keeper who isn’t comfortable using his box or when the ball is played back to him to recycle. Didn’t really seem like a Rodgers type keeper at the time and he’s defo not a Klopp type keeper. He’s still Belgium’s number 2 and very experienced so I’m sure he’ll get a move abroad before the end of the month.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:52 am wrote:He was an odd signing from the off really. He’s your classic heavy footed goal line keeper who isn’t comfortable using his box or when the ball is played back to him to recycle. Didn’t really seem like a Rodgers type keeper at the time and he’s defo not a Klopp type keeper. He’s still Belgium’s number 2 and very experienced so I’m sure he’ll get a move abroad before the end of the month.

I always found it odd that Reina ticked the boxes of what Rodgers wanted only to bin him for Mignolet
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Klopptomaniac » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:55 pm wrote:
Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:52 am wrote:He was an odd signing from the off really. He’s your classic heavy footed goal line keeper who isn’t comfortable using his box or when the ball is played back to him to recycle. Didn’t really seem like a Rodgers type keeper at the time and he’s defo not a Klopp type keeper. He’s still Belgium’s number 2 and very experienced so I’m sure he’ll get a move abroad before the end of the month.

I always found it odd that Reina ticked the boxes of what Rodgers wanted only to bin him for Mignolet

Reina's agent told us he was going to Barcelona so we bought Migs. Then Barcelona as they often do pulled out of the deal.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Klopptomaniac » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:55 am wrote:

Pepe was on big wages, his form had dipped and he was talking about what a great honour it would be to play for Barcelona etc, in fact if I remember right even his dad said in the press if Barca come in for him he has to go.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:56 am wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:55 pm wrote:

Reina's agent told us he was going to Barcelona so we bought Migs. Then Barcelona as they often do pulled out of the deal.

Yep. Seem to recall Rodgers giving Reina his blessing for his 'dream move', only for it all to fall through after we'd bought his replacement.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 pm

Rodgers said a lot of things about Reina, Like Mignolet would provide competition for him and then he can't be here sitting on the bench while earning that kind of money. He was pushed out the door by either the owners or Rodgers in favour of a lad who would earn less than half what he does.

All Reina did was give an answer to a journo who put him on the spot about returning to the club where it started for him. That's it and its fook all reason to warrant getting rid of him. 90% of players would jump at the chance to join Barca or Real and even some of our own  fooked us over to make it happen.  Mane was asked a while ago about the Madrid rumours and while he did say he was contracted here for another 3 years he still managed to fit in the "you never know what can happen football" along with "Real are the best team in the world" and last but not least " I want to win things". That's far worse than what Reina said imo.

Anyway Mingolet was a clear step down and just kept going backwards. In truth he was never good enough to play for us but not just him, We signed loads of deadwood around that time and its part of the reason we won nothing. Hopefully that now changes with Alisson between the sticks.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:39 pm

Been crying to the media in Belgium about Karius' loan move.

Mignolet told the Belgian publication Het Laatste Nieuws: “I find it bizarre that Karius was loaned while I also had options to be loaned, but for some reason that was not possible. The transfer of Karius doesn’t change anything for me. I have always been clear: I want to play.

According to the Guardian, he turned down a move to Fulham over wages. He wanted to go to Napoli, but they wouldn't meet our valuation.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:44 pm

Wish him luck, but can't say I'm sorry he's gone. Did nothing but moan to the press about being our number 2 when Karius took the number 1 spot and has done nothing of note for the past 2 seasons. 

Always had a habit for switching off....a modern day David James, if you ask me.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:54 pm

Good luck, he was a good back up keeper.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:23 am

Not sad at all to see him go but best of luck to him.

He is one player who has had more than enough chances to make it here but just couldnt maintain his game at the required level. He knew his time was up when we spent a record fee on Allison and there was no way back. Fair play to him for making the decision to move.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:02 pm

Too many game losing mistakes, good he’s gone!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:51 pm

Shouldn't be dissing our ex players... Though I will make exceptions for ***** like Diouf, Carroll and one or two other donkeys  :grinning:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:14 am

bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:51 pm wrote:Shouldn't be dissing our ex players... Though I will make exceptions for ***** like Diouf, Carroll and one or two other donkeys  :grinning:

You are right as he did give his all and was respectful to the club..... but all those fecking game losing mistakes  :Oo:

Don’t hate him just glad he cannot make any more mistakes that hurt us.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion