8th
3%
9th
No votes
10th or Below
No votes

Total votes : 31

Postby redshade » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:54 am

So the new season is just weeks away. Transfers are still in the pipeworks but we may be done with them this summer.

With the squad we have how do you guys think we will do this season?

Imo i feel we will certainly improve a lot in the league. This will be a full pre-season under Klopp. Adding to that his snapped some decent players aswel. Mane, Wijnaldum will give us more going forward. Matip, Klavan seem to be good CB we need.
Im still hoping we solidify the back and buy a LB.

Here goes my prediction....

League- 4th.  I can see us doing well in the league and claiming the 4th lucrative spot. I think we will pip Arsenal.

Cups- FA cup -semis / League - Winner

EPL -:

1 Man city
2 Man utd
3 Chelsea
4 Liverpool
5 Arsenal
6 Spurs
7 Leicester
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:02 pm

Unless we get a proper left back we will not finish in the top 6.
Moreno really is THAT bad 
:veryangry
Thommo's perm

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:20 pm

Gone 5th and thats improvement on last season but not really satisfactory for Liverpool fans at least.

Fitness will be important for us more than most with such a high tempo game amd ultimately I feel thats Klopps plan, to literally run the money clubs out of contention with relentless football.

Will 6m on Matip and Klavan supporting Lovren be enough at the back? Moreno still at LB and the erratic Mignolet still in goal? Will we see massive improvement defensively for such little investment?

Klopp will need to prove hes the best manager in the world to get this squad in the top 4 or beyond, our dreams are all invested in him.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:48 am

1 Man city
2 Man utd
3 Arsenal
4 Chelsea
5 Spurs
6 West Ham
7 Leicester
8 Liverpool

Wheres our new LB ? Wheres our new CM ? Is Karius a starter or backup to Mignolet ? Is Klavan an improvement on Matip, Skrtel, Sakho, Toure ? Mane seems like a decent player for a club with no title ambitions, where does his signing leave Lallana who imo is one of our better players. Wijnaldum will either play higher up or as one of 3 in the middle meaning 2 of Can, Lucas, Stewart, Grujic, Henderson, Milner; Can aside, the rest of the players on that list would only earn transfers to bottom half clubs. Will Sturridge stay fit?  Not good enough
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:49 am

Top 4 is the minimum we have to achieve, failure to achieve that is going to leave us in the wilderness (I appreciate we're already there like). Arsenal haven't strengthened a lot so they could slip, I expect Leicester to slip as well. Lack of European football gives us a chance to implement Klopp's style week by week
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:09 pm

A lot more pessimism on here than I expected. I can't remember the last time we looked as fit and physically prepared to go into the new season as we do now. With a hard schedule at the beginning of the year and with a squad that will likely have only 3 new starters, I think we will have an advantage over all the bigger clubs we play early on. Arsenal are full of injuries and don't seem as prepared. Chelsea have a new squad to deal with and we looked much better than them last year. Spurs are probably still tired and depressed from last season and the Euros...

Mane has slotted right in, and I think he could be one of our better players. We had half a season under Klopp figuring out his style, and we reached two finals! The reason we finished so poorly in the league is because that wasn't our focus- the last 8 games at least were filled with younger players so we could focus on Europa league and to allow us to recover for the first time in a heavily congested season. Almost all of our best players are young and are only improving- Can, Coutinho and Origi will continue to improve massively. Lovren, Clyne and Lallana look massively up for it, and Firmino is fitting in better as well. We look more solid in the back- I even like the look of Milner back there (I know it's not ideal, but he's impressed me in the back), Gruijic looks like a better player than most realized. We actually have depth for the first time in years, and we aren't stretched across competitions like we were last year.

Lets not forget some of the fixtures we had... The games against United and Dortmund in the Europa league were very strong indicators of what we can do against big clubs. Winning or drawing every fixture against the bigger clubs except against united and 1 against Leicester.

We have one of the best managers in the game with a plan that seems to fit the players we have very well. We've adapted, we've made some good additions, and I think we've looked solid a lot more prepared and motivated in preseason that we have in a long time.

I'm very excited about the upcoming season, and if we could bring in a solid LB before the window closes I will be very confident of a top 4 finish.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:31 pm

I always optimistically expect a top four finish however this season unless we address the glaring deficiency at LB I think we'll struggle to get a CL spot.

On the plus side we've got more depth in the squad and despite the lack of a "marquee" signing we have brought in some very good players. In addition, the fact that we've got no European footy to contend with should ironically help us in a push to get back into Europe.

We can make top four but my realistic expectation is we'll end up around 5th or 6th.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Chle$ki
Ar$e-nal
LFC (less than 7 points behind 2nd)  :buttrock
M $hitie
Manure (Maureen under pressure after 1st season)
Spuds / Stoke
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:18 pm

I think we all pitch it low to avoid dissappointment, for me its 26 years of it and I was 21 years old the last time we won the League, young with life ahead of me and Liverpool top of the tree, a force of nature.

If you had told me then we would be in 2016 and not a single title since I would have thought it madness, every football fan would.

Klopp is a class manager but its no coincidence other clubs then go for the best to try and counter that, arguably they are all lined up in the Premier League now.

I will be full of hope Sunday though, keep the faith and honestly you just never know.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:57 pm

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Utd

That's how I seriously see this year going.. We lacked pace last year and Origi, Ings and Studge were all injured for large parts of the season. I think we will overwhelm alot of the big teams this year, and we will also not get bullied by the lesser sides as Klopp has added alot of physical players.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:54 pm

parchpea » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:18 pm wrote:I think we all pitch it low to avoid dissappointment, for me its 26 years of it and I was 21 years old the last time we won the League, young with life ahead of me and Liverpool top of the tree, a force of nature.

If you had told me then we would be in 2016 and not a single title since I would have thought it madness, every football fan would.

Klopp is a class manager but its no coincidence other clubs then go for the best to try and counter that, arguably they are all lined up in the Premier League now.

I will be full of hope Sunday though, keep the faith and honestly you just never know.

The difference being in that in Klopp we have recruited a very loyal human being who's mantra is based on honesty and integrity in what he does.
Can the other clubs boast the same?
Will Pep be loyal to $hitie?
Or Cunte at chel$ki?
And as for Maureen... Will he be about for 27 months let alone years?!
---
It's only ourselves who will F%$K up the bond between LFC and JK...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:38 pm

Voted for 6th as I don't think we did good enough business in the window and we didn't address the weaknesses within the first 11. As a result of our purchases I do think we have managed to strengthen our bench though which is at least something and if we do manage to be in a fight for one of the 4 slots come next May I would hope that it will get us over the line. That's pretty much what my head is saying but I do think klopp has that vibe about him so you never know.

Our competition will be.

Spurs  :nod They have steadily improved under Mauricio and were impressive last season so only a fool would think the wheels are going to come off and they come tumbling back down the table.

Arsenal  :nod Every year I see so many on here knocking them out of the top 4 but yet again they make it. As bad as they were for periods last season they finished second. Arsene clearly knows what he is at.

Manure  :angry: For the last few years they have been sliding but the Glazers have moved to halt it by appointing that ballbag and bankrolling him. They have bought well enough to clock up the points against the smaller sides and bourinho will park the bus against the top teams.

Chelsea  :nod  If anything I expect them to be a tight unit at the back and difficult to score against. The transition to the prem for Conte might just take a while though but no way will they be anywhere near where they finished last year. They will be in with that group chasing the last spot.

City  :rasp Honestly quite shocked at the amount of people predicting them to be champions  :laugh:  Guardiola has only ever managed the favourite in 2 leagues where the competition is from 2 or 3 clubs. Its only his first season as well and the team he inherited was sliding so it will take some doing to win it. Top 4 ? :nod Winning it ?  :no

Leicester  :bump  I was as shocked as anyone that they won it last year but they bloody well did. Thinking about it they began that run the season before and clocked up serious points to keep them in the league. They are a hard working team who can play together and when they do are capable of beating any team in this league. The CL will be a big distraction and possibly why they have pretty much retained that title winning side so I wouldn't be quite as shocked if they are somehow up there again. Whatever they have going on at that that club is working and fair play to them if they are  :nod

Whoever wins it will have worked hard for it anyway as there is more competition now than ever before.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:51 am

Man U
Arsenal
Spurs
Chelsea
5th Liverpool
Man city
Spurs

it hurts me to say but Man U will win it, they have proved to have more money than sense but all the tools are in place.

Man city will need a season to adjust to pep and I expect a difficult season for them.

Arsenal is arsenal under Wenger and will do everything in their power to not win.

Spurs will falter again after a good run

Chelsea will resemble the Italian national side, but harder to score against.

We will have a good run interrupted constantly by reoccurring injuries and off field scandals followed by an ownership crisis, then finished off by a black cat appearing on the pitch in the final game, distracting our players to lose out on fourth spot.
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:05 am

I think City or United will win it, I know it's Guardiola's first year but he does have one hell of a squad, the ever improving Kevin De Bruyne could end up player of the year and the likes of Aguero, Gundogan, Sane, Silva, Kompany and Stones etc aren't bad either! A lot of the so called lesser teams will struggle to cope with that mob and it will be the same story for United, the lesser lights of the division will struggle to contain the likes of Pogba, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Rashford etc and United also will rack up a lot of cheap points.
As for us it's going to be tough to finish in the top 4 but having no European football will deffo be a big help, especially during the second half of the season when fatigue really kicks in. I can see us putting in some great performances when we are firing on all cylinders but no team plays well for 9 solid months and successful sides have to be able to dig out results when they are not at the top of their game and that's where I worry about us.
Can we go to the likes of Stoke and Leicester, put in a well below par performance but still come away with the 3 points? I don't think we have the resilience to consistently do that atm and I think thats where we could come unstuck.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:47 am

I voted 6th place the other day, just being realistic, anything more is a massive bonus, City or the scum to win it
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion