Rodgers SACKED

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:33 pm

its official...

Liverpool Football Club has announced that Brendan Rodgers will leave his post with immediate effect after having his contract terminated. The process to appoint a new manager is underway.

The Northern Irishman joined Liverpool FC in June 2012 and helped the club mount a memorable title challenge in his second season, as well as helping to develop many exciting young players. LFC's ownership have paid tribute and thanked Rodgers for his contribution.

In a joint Fenway Sports Group statement, Principal Owner John W Henry, Chairman Tom Werner and President Mike Gordon said:

“We would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Brendan Rodgers for the significant contribution he has made to the club and express our gratitude for his hard work and commitment.

“All of us have experienced some wonderful moments with Brendan as manager and we are confident he will enjoy a long career in the game.

“Although this has been a difficult decision, we believe it provides us with the best opportunity for success on the pitch. Ambition and winning are at the heart of what we want to bring to Liverpool and we believe this change gives us the best opportunity to deliver it.

“The search for a new manager is underway and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely manner.”
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:35 pm

I'm shocked, but relieved at the same time. Hope we get Klopp!!
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:36 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:35 pm wrote:I'm shocked, but relieved at the same time. Hope we get Klopp!!

Second
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:36 pm

posted 3 minutes before you liverpool-fc-forum/job-too-big-for-rodgers-t30933-3000.html

but this defo deserves its own thread :D
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:37 pm

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:38 pm

C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:36 pm wrote:posted 3 minutes before you liverpool-fc-forum/job-too-big-for-rodgers-t30933-3000.html

but this defo deserves its own thread :D

You got the news first, so decided it needed its own thread  :bowdown
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:38 pm

No worries here Kewell matey

I am hearing Gary Mac gone too, but unconfirmed

FSG: "The search for a new manager is underway and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely manner.”

Graham Beecroft: "Carlo Ancelotti will be the man who comes in and takes over from Brendan Rodgers."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chriserfolg » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Oh my , at last . Yahoooo .

Either way thanks for your time brendan , will never forget when we thrashed arsenal . Good Luck .

KLOPP IN !!!!!
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:41 pm

It was just a matter of time really. I guess the rumours before the match were true this time.
New manager can still make something out of this season in the league and Europa.
Thanks for the exciting title chase Brendan and the scintillating footy we played at times.
However its clear your time was up.

I hope FSG dont screw this one a hire another goof.
Last edited by redshade on Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Not surprised or shocked, and over the last month I have thought he needs to go for a variety of reasons.

However he did take us to within a slip and a sending off of winning the Pl and no one can take that away from him. We also played the best football we have played since 1989 at times.

Br will make it as a top manager somewhere. Probably abroad. I wish him well and hope we get Carlo..
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:43 pm

C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:38 pm wrote:No worries here Kewell matey

I am hearing Gary Mac gone too, but unconfirmed

FSG: "The search for a new manager is underway and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely manner.”

Graham Beecroft: "Carlo Ancelotti will be the man who comes in and takes over from Brendan Rodgers."

We'll win the league in the next 3 seasons if we appoint him. No way he takes over just to compete for a top4 spot. He'd need assurances that the owners would back him up and he has the reputation to attract the top players. Klopp would probably be a better fit given the model the owners have put forth... I am not sure if that is a good thing or not; I'd much rather we go for proven players rather than youth/gambles.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:48 pm

crazyhorse » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:41 pm wrote:Not surprised or shocked, and over the last month I have thought he needs to go for a variety of reasons.

However he did take us to within a slip and a sending off of winning the Pl and no one can take that away from him. We also played the best football we have played since 1989 at times.

Br will make it as a top manager somewhere. Probably abroad. I wish him well and hope we get Carlo..

I think we're all grateful for the near title run, but the lows outweigh the highs for me.

Sky showed a stat before the game that showed BR had one just ONE game against Everton and the top 4....ONE. The rest were draws or defeats. BR also didn't help his cause when he said top 4 wasn't a necessity for this season.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:50 pm

Delighted he's finally been removed ,no sympathy whatsoever the man was guilty of crimes against this great institution ,he was culpable in attempting to dull our passion for the game ,and guilty of making 'some' accept the ordinary !

Humiliation over ,we move on.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:51 pm

:nod
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:50 pm wrote:Delighted he's finally been removed ,no sympathy whatsoever the man was guilty of crimes against this great institution ,he was culpable in attempting to dull our passion for the game ,and guilty of making 'some' accept the ordinary !

Humiliation over ,we move on.

:nod  VERY well said mate
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:51 pm

I can't describe how relieved I am. I guess we'll hear a lot of truths in the near future.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion