ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:16 pm

Deep sh*t? he faced getting a yellow card and the worst a harsh red, to think that someone would come up with something so serious as a racism allegation to escape being sent off in a game of football seems absurd to me. Holdgate and any other black player knows the backlash that comes with accusing someone of racism, hes probably received as much if not more abuse than Firmino over this incident so why would he bring that upon himself for the sake of avoiding a yellow card? I don't think so

Unless the FA can prove that Holdgate was lying how can they possibly charge him, all he did was report a perceived crime, what is wrong with that? would you face a prosecution if you reported a crime and the accused got found innocent in a normal court of law, of course you wouldn't.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:19 pm

This is just 'handbags at dawn', all smoke and no fire. We all knew nothing would come of it, so let's just move on.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:40 am

Fowler_E7 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:50 pm wrote:Does anyone really think the Everton guy has invented this to get out of trouble for his push? I don’t.

I honestly think that Holgate mis-heard what Firmino shouted at him. And given that Firmino abused him in Portuguese, I think it’s been one huge, confusing mess. Put it behind us and move on.

My thoughts exactly, probably a misunderstanding its been cleared up and everyone moves on, my only gripe is how long it took the FA to get it all sorted it was potentially damaging for both players.

This. I also hope it doesn't deter other players from reporting racism in the future. FA might have taken long but they had to make sure they get it right.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:09 pm

According to the football leaks stuff last year, he has a release clause of about £80mil. Do you think there might be a club out there who would tempted to activate it?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:25 pm

If he goes then forget any hopes for next season
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:36 am

Firmino's enjoying playing with Salah and Mane alright and that's good to see. Before Salah and Mane came along, he totally enjoyed playing with Couts. At games where Couts was out, and he had to play, he really looked miserable. He needs players around him who are skillful and on the same wavelength with him. He is doing great!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:54 pm

This guy is an Average player, and he gets found out in the big matches, where he is basically non existent.
You can tell quality players and average players when they start dissapearing in big matches.
He does a lot of running around but he is one trick pony. Non existent versus the mancs today
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:06 am

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:54 pm wrote:This guy is an Average player, and he gets found out in the big matches, where he is basically non existent.
You can tell quality players and average players when they start dissapearing in big matches.
He does a lot of running around but he is one trick pony. Non existent versus the mancs today

:help
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:08 am

Ghost of Shankly wrote:This guy is an Average player, and he gets found out in the big matches, where he is basically non existent.

With every post you are revealing your true colours...
:nod  :;):
Thommo's perm

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:42 am

Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:08 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly wrote:This guy is an Average player, and he gets found out in the big matches, where he is basically non existent.

:) care to elaborate?

Sorry folks about my little tirade yesterday. I was fcking fuming over that defeat.

Let's just say I'm not wholly convinced about some of our players.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:22 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:42 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:08 am wrote:

:) care to elaborate?

Sorry folks about my little tirade yesterday. I was fcking fuming over that defeat.

Let's just say I'm not wholly convinced about some of our players.

Let's just say a lot of people on this forum are not wholly convinced you're an actual Liverpool fan.
Last edited by Pig Catcher on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:54 pm wrote:This guy is an Average player, and he gets found out in the big matches, where he is basically non existent.

Salah - quality or average?
Suarez - quality or average?
Gerrard - quality or average?

all of the above have had games in which they 'disappeared'.
it's a team game, if the team are not firing on all cylinders then surely it's wrong to single out an obviously quality play like R.F and label him 'average'.??
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:10 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:04 pm wrote:

it's a team game, if the team are not firing on all cylinders then surely it's wrong to single out an obviously quality play like R.F and label him 'average'.??

Listen, this forum is all about debate, good or bad. a LITTLE bit of criticism, then you all start moaning at me like a b*tch, and saying I'm not a fan and start your sarcastic  :D  smilies etc.

Firmino is not in the Gerrard, Suarez and Salah mould anyway. They were "A Class", Firmino is B/C class player, if I was to rate them.

The above mentioned players never disappeared like poor Bobby does. He shows flashes of good play, intricate passing, assists, and has scored 20+ goals, but is not yet the complete article.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:22 pm

:upside:
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:10 am

Ghost of Shankly » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:10 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:04 pm wrote:

Listen, this forum is all about debate, good or bad. a LITTLE bit of criticism, then you all start moaning at me like a b*tch, and saying I'm not a fan and start your sarcastic  :D  smilies etc.

Firmino is not in the Gerrard, Suarez and Salah mould anyway. They were "A Class", Firmino is B/C class player, if I was to rate them.

The above mentioned players never disappeared like poor Bobby does. He shows flashes of good play, intricate passing, assists, and has scored 20+ goals, but is not yet the complete article.

So what you're saying is like this chick has a pretty face, nice tits, tight and perky *****, I always have a hard on when I see her but she's overall just average...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion