ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:50 am

maguskwt » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:21 am wrote:
metalhead » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:44 pm wrote:He's been inconsistent this season, but he had a few really good games, especially against West Ham in the weekend.

I still prefer him over sturridge.

Firmino and Sturridge are different players though. Firmino is more of a playmaker who ideally should be sitting behimd a striker or two. I dont really like him being played as a false 9. Sturridge is a modern day forward. Plays abit wide, similar to Ronaldo. I would take sturridge during his peak. He is alot more lethal and direct.

At his peak Sturridge was imo a superior player to Firmino, however Firmino is no slouch and his industry alone is superb, as things stand I'd pick him ahead of Sturridge.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:16 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:58 am wrote:He was excellent against West Ham but still managed to miss a sitter and that will always be his problem he doesn’t score enough goals and that’s why he will never be a top player, he’s a good player but no where near the top bracket and he’s someone I’d look to see us improve on once the defence has had new additions

This. It is not as obvious an issue as the defense but given our style of play, we could really do with a forward who can score half chances or without needing someone to create an easy tap in.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:28 pm

Get Cedric Bakambu from Villarreal..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:41 pm

I would have been gutted if someone would have bought him in the summer.
Rather sell Coutinho any day
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:51 pm

Firminho likes to do this."tippy tappy"passing, clever turns etc and try to pass the ball into the net. Unfortunately, in some games (like v Burnley) when teams park the bus,this does not work and you have to shoot from outside the box if you cannot break them down. Firminho isn't great at this. If he was to be sold I'd go for Lemar from Monaco. About 60m.Him and keita in the side next season would be a great improvement.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:16 pm

aCe' » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:16 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:58 am wrote:He was excellent against West Ham but still managed to miss a sitter and that will always be his problem he doesn’t score enough goals and that’s why he will never be a top player, he’s a good player but no where near the top bracket and he’s someone I’d look to see us improve on once the defence has had new additions

This. It is not as obvious an issue as the defense but given our style of play, we could really do with a forward who can score half chances or without needing someone to create an easy tap in.

I really think we missed out on Lacazette.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:59 pm

Firmino is a beautifully crafted round peg with glitter and all that nice stuff but none of that matters when your being forced into a square hole.
Bobby isn't the problem  :no Playing him as a striker is  :nod 
We need to sign a proper striker although we don't seem to want to. Its a bad mark on Jurgen for me that he won't sign one. These problems were there last season but yet when he had a chance to sort it he actually made it worse by still being reliant on Sturridge (who he barely plays) and swapping out Origi for Solanke which leaves us with Firmino running the line for most of the season. I was never Origi's biggest fan but he was more use to us than Solanke.
Can we improve on him ?  :nod But not at the moment as we have others that need to be shown the door. Id push Ox out as we will be here in 2 years time still discussing how he is no better than he was at Arsenal. Lallana is another because he isn't assisting or scoring more that Firmino + he is constantly breaking down where as Bobby isn't. Lallana misses a couple of months every year through injury. Milner is another because he is past it and Henderson needs to go as well. They are the ones I would be looking at long before Firmino  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:40 am

red till i die!! » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:59 pm wrote:Firmino is a beautifully crafted round peg with glitter and all that nice stuff but none of that matters when your being forced into a square hole.
Bobby isn't the problem  :no Playing him as a striker is  :nod 
We need to sign a proper striker although we don't seem to want to. Its a bad mark on Jurgen for me that he won't sign one. These problems were there last season but yet when he had a chance to sort it he actually made it worse by still being reliant on Sturridge (who he barely plays) and swapping out Origi for Solanke which leaves us with Firmino running the line for most of the season. I was never Origi's biggest fan but he was more use to us than Solanke.
Can we improve on him ?  :nod But not at the moment as we have others that need to be shown the door. Id push Ox out as we will be here in 2 years time still discussing how he is no better than he was at Arsenal. Lallana is another because he isn't assisting or scoring more that Firmino + he is constantly breaking down where as Bobby isn't. Lallana misses a couple of months every year through injury. Milner is another because he is past it and Henderson needs to go as well. They are the ones I would be looking at long before Firmino  :nod

Yes, just elaborate a bit.... particularly on all the games that firminho has "dissapeared" in matches this season, just hasn't turned up, but probably trousering 100k a week, or 5 million a year of LFC cash in wages !!?
Is this guy value for money??????
Well overrated in my opinion..
We need a. "Luis suarez"  playing in firminhos position.
We bought this guy from Hoffenheim, not Bayern Munich FFS!!!
If you all watch every game in detail this season and last, you will all see this guy is a one trick pony, until Klopp realises we need a prolific 20+ goals a season striker in the centre forward position, then we may fall short in terms of our success and progress this season. Maybe Klopp has a magic wand, and can work miracles with some of our overrated players. But seriously, I doubt it. Look back through lfcs 27 year history since last league title... Brendan Rodgers, Houllier, Souness, Roy Hodgson, Roy Evans and Rafa ALL showed... You cannot win the league with average players in your squad.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:17 pm

Phenomenal display from Bobby yesterday,players genuinely strive all their career to be that much in tune with a football.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:30 pm

I am genuinely flabbergasted at how some people dont see how damned good he is.
Watch the games properly you fools!
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:30 pm wrote:I am genuinely flabbergasted at how some people dont see how damned good he is.

To some fans the inescapable truth 'we see' of a players genius is just not visible.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:42 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:41 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:30 pm wrote:I am genuinely flabbergasted at how some people dont see how damned good he is.

To some fans the inescapable truth 'we see' of a players genius is just not visible.

:nod
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:17 am

Thommo's perm » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:30 pm wrote:I am genuinely flabbergasted at how some people dont see how damned good he is.

Were you saying this a few matches ago, when people were scathing when he disappeared in a few matches.? When he's good, he's very good, similarly clever like Coutinho, most of his goals and headers are tap ins, but hey, they all count!!
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:51 am

Even when he so called "disappeared" he was still running all over the pitch defending from the front and as Klopp put it " being annoying" to the opposition.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:01 pm

Ghost of Shankly wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:30 pm wrote:I am genuinely flabbergasted at how some people dont see how damned good he is.

Were you saying this a few matches ago, when people were scathing when he disappeared in a few matches.? When he's good, he's very good, similarly clever like Coutinho, most of his goals and headers are tap ins, but hey, they all count!!

Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:25 pm
"Coutinho may get all the headlines for his magic, but this lad has been outstanding this season. His effort, work rate, movement, tackling and scoring has made him THE best player at the minute in the prem. I actually had doubts about his commitment and strength, both physically and mentally, but Im happy to say he has proven me wrong and is now the most important player in the squad."

Mon May 08, 2017 6:41 am
"Best player of the season by a country mile. Always trying, always passionate, always solid."

I have been praising him for a while, as you can see from my previous posts...
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion