ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:28 pm

ethanr » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:09 am wrote:I think Firmino has shown that when he has some ability around him, he's obviously a lot more useful. Early in the season he had Benteke who was struggling and Coutinho. Coutinho went out injured, no Sturridge and Firmino was moved into that lone striker role which I don't believe suits his style of play very well. He's picked it up lately, especially with the return of Sturridge and Coutinho. He is still hit & miss, but I think he's much more consistent now than he was when he first came in. He's had some incredible games against top opponents as well, so we know he has the ability to be a really good player. If he continues to improve and pop in the goals and assists he has been, he'll be a starter week-in week out, regardless of who we have. 8 goals and 7 assists in his first PL season is really good, and we're only 75% of the way through. Even if he continued to be inconsistent, that sort of output from a player is not going to send them to the bench.

:nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:56 pm

metalhead » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:28 pm wrote:
ethanr » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:09 am wrote:I think Firmino has shown that when he has some ability around him, he's obviously a lot more useful. Early in the season he had Benteke who was struggling and Coutinho. Coutinho went out injured, no Sturridge and Firmino was moved into that lone striker role which I don't believe suits his style of play very well. He's picked it up lately, especially with the return of Sturridge and Coutinho. He is still hit & miss, but I think he's much more consistent now than he was when he first came in. He's had some incredible games against top opponents as well, so we know he has the ability to be a really good player. If he continues to improve and pop in the goals and assists he has been, he'll be a starter week-in week out, regardless of who we have. 8 goals and 7 assists in his first PL season is really good, and we're only 75% of the way through. Even if he continued to be inconsistent, that sort of output from a player is not going to send them to the bench.

He has improved considerably since he joined. I don't think he would have slotted his shot past the goalkeeper yesterday in his early days with LFC. His record in Germany was fantastic. Klopp rate him highly which suggests a lot.

Suarez when he first joined struggled to finish and his assist record was mediocre. Many people including myself wondered if he was the problem or the answer to the problem. We all know the answer now. It takes time. Sakho and Lovren are also beginning to look like they could be half decent buys.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:57 pm

devaney » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:56 pm wrote:
metalhead » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:28 pm wrote:

He has improved considerably since he joined. I don't think he would have slotted his shot past the goalkeeper yesterday in his early days with LFC. His record in Germany was fantastic. Klopp rate him highly which suggests a lot.

Suarez when he first joined struggled to finish and his assist record was mediocre. Many people including myself wondered if he was the problem or the answer to the problem. We all know the answer now. It takes time. Sakho and Lovren are also beginning to look like they could be half decent buys.

Good call re Sakho and Lovren, what I like about those 2 is that they both come across as strong characters and whilst they may not be the best CB pairing in the world you do get the sense the pair of them would run through a brick wall if they had to.
They are certainly the most physical CB pairing we have had for a good while and infact Jurgen has had trouble getting them off the pitch even when they have been injured which is something you don't see often these days.
Lovren in particular has shown a lot of guts to turn his career around here, at one point when Rodgers was constantly picking him ahead of Sakho the entire crowd were almost willing him to make a mistake just so they could get on his back but he toughed it out and kept on going, that is what you call character.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:10 pm

He's a bit of a Luis Garcia figure at the moment for me. Inconsistent in his performances but consistent in end product - always good for a goal or an assist, important ones too.

He's got more to his game than the wee Spaniard though and I get the feeling he has another gear or two to shift. Next season will be interesting for him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:40 pm

I don't know about world class but he has definitely improved on the first half of the season. If he keeps on going at this rate then I think we will have a good player next season that could be influential with one or two better players around him.

Some of the dud's we have don't look any better than they did when they first came through the door and that was a few seasons ago for some.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:40 pm

BREAKING NEWS - Roberto Firmino cut from Brazil's squad due to injury. Benfica striker Jonas replaces him.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:58 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:53 pm

Firmino is averaging a goal/assist every 107 minutes this season- better than Ozil (113), De Bruyne (116), Mahrez (118) and Payet (131).
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri May 06, 2016 1:53 am

That skill was magical.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri May 06, 2016 6:49 am

I thought he was the MOM. His pass caused the own goal, his pass went to Sturridge for the second and his run and pass set up the third. He defended well and looked better and had more freedom as not the lone striker. He was an important piece for that victory.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri May 06, 2016 9:38 am

he was absolutely outstanding last night, a constant menace and showed some breathtaking skill alongside his usual prodigious work rate. if only he could perform like that week in week out.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri May 06, 2016 9:39 am

That turn was pure filth. Hopefully he goes into the second season able to find some consistency, he definitely has it in him to be a star in our side
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Fri May 06, 2016 11:35 am

I could watch this over and over and over and over and.....

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri May 06, 2016 11:44 am

its beautiful. i love the way soldado just gives up   :laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri May 06, 2016 11:47 am

andy_g » Fri May 06, 2016 11:44 am wrote:its beautiful. i love the way soldado just gives up   :laugh:

:nod   :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion