Rhian Brewster

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:06 pm

Eagle » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:16 pm wrote:Looks like he's signing a long term contract with us and is going to be promoted to train full time with the first team. With the front 3 away at the world cup he should get some game time in what looks like a very busy pre-season assuming he has recovered from his ankle and knee injuries.

:nod.

Our manager might as well bed some of our young talent into the first team like TAA, as it's a waste other wise. Plus it could save us on huge transfer fees as well.

Ryan Kent is another good prospect, and I'd have kept him as a squad player last season as he looked good in pre season
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:03 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:26 pm

Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 21.27.32.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 21.27.32.png (242.19 KiB) Viewed 2045 times
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:31 pm

Two young technically gifted players both were highly coveted by some top teams....well done reds for securing our future  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:36 pm

Said in his interview with the official website he won't be back from injury until December. With that in mind I think we'll hang onto one from Sturridge, Origi, Ojo and Kent. Need the extra body I reckon.
Eagle

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Shame he's out until Dec/Jan. Klopp clearly rates him highly so hopefully he'll be able to play the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Moving the discussion around him to his thread rather than continuing it in the transfer thread.

I don't think Brewster was guaranteed first team football at all. It's more than likely he was told that he will now be promoted full time from Kirkby to Melwood to train with the first team squad. He was also probably told that Ings was leaving and wouldn't be replaced, Sturridge is likely to leave on a bosman in the summer, and Origi will be sold as soon a suitable offer comes in. He is due to return to full training in December/January after a year out with injury. Looking at how Klopp handled Gomez and Ings after long term injury I wouldn't be counting on Brewster getting many minutes on the pitch this season. He'll get 4-6 months training with the first team and how he performs in training is likely to effect Klopp's summer plans around attacking reinforcements. If in training he is getting the better of VVD, Gomez, Lovren, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, etc, then he'll join Firmino, Salah, Mane and Shaq as attacking options for next year. But I don't think he'll have much of a part to play this season unless he's pulling up trees in training.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:14 am

Pig Catcher » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:32 pm wrote:Moving the discussion around him to his thread rather than continuing it in the transfer thread.

I don't think Brewster was guaranteed first team football at all. It's more than likely he was told that he will now be promoted full time from Kirkby to Melwood to train with the first team squad. He was also probably told that Ings was leaving and wouldn't be replaced, Sturridge is likely to leave on a bosman in the summer, and Origi will be sold as soon a suitable offer comes in. He is due to return to full training in December/January after a year out with injury. Looking at how Klopp handled Gomez and Ings after long term injury I wouldn't be counting on Brewster getting many minutes on the pitch this season. He'll get 4-6 months training with the first team and how he performs in training is likely to effect Klopp's summer plans around attacking reinforcements. If in training he is getting the better of VVD, Gomez, Lovren, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, etc, then he'll join Firmino, Salah, Mane and Shaq as attacking options for next year. But I don't think he'll have much of a part to play this season unless he's pulling up trees in training.

Lol :D
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:16 am

Pig Catcher » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:32 pm wrote:Moving the discussion around him to his thread rather than continuing it in the transfer thread.

Good post
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:40 am

kazza » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:16 am wrote:
Pig Catcher » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:32 pm wrote:Moving the discussion around him to his thread rather than continuing it in the transfer thread.

Good post

+1

Still hope to see him get some minutes this season even if he isn't pulling up trees.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:45 am

When is this lad back from injury?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:24 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:45 pm wrote:When is this lad back from injury?

Anyone?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:46 pm

Starts full training over the next couple of weeks
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:19 pm

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... -liverpool

Asked for an update on Brewster’s situation, the manager said on Friday: “[He is] not as far as he wants to be, for sure. But I saw him in the last hour, he was outside training.

“His running now looks much better since he had another little surgery. He is in a good way but that will take time, unfortunately. It’s no problem, he has the time.

I would say we don’t have to think about him before pre-season.

“But he is in a really good way and the boy is in a good mood on top. We see him here every day, he is a nice fella and that’s all good.

“He is really integrated into the team but so far he couldn’t show that on the pitch. But our opinion about him will not change. We have to wait a little bit longer for him but that’s how life is sometimes.”
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon May 06, 2019 10:07 pm

A few attacking options out tomorrow. Firmino, Salah, Keita, Lallana and maybe Ox. Brewster will probably make the match day squad and maybe make his debut.

Klopp has treated him differently and spoken about him differently to any other academy player since he's been manager. And that includes TAA. Brewster is going to be a proper part of our squad next season it seems.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion