Resurrected Player Ratings, last match.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:17 pm

MH gave some player ratings in the Sunderland match thread.

Not sure what happened to the last thread we had on this aspect but deffo worth another go.

Give your player rating and try to keep your "comment" brief. More in depth analysis (and argument) can be explored in actual match or individual player thread.

MH kicks off with

by metalhead » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Mignolet - 6 - nervous dealing with crosses, poor for conceding the goal but his distribution ala Reina for the 3rd goal was excellent and of course his save in the first half.
Kolo Toure - 8 - He is boss end off
Sakhou - 6 - nothing special, barely troubled, did ok.
Skrtel - 6 - should have done better closing his feet, passing was awkward but did okay in general
Enrique - 6 - I thought it wasn't his best games, forced too many errors, but generally did well going forward.
Gerrard - 7 - good game from the captain and his pass to Sturridge was world class.
Lucas - 6 - decent, intercepted well in the first half but did nothing else and offered nothing else
Henderson - 4 - Poor overall, his first touch was awful, his end product was awful and couldn't get any of his crosses in. No influence on the game whatsoever.
Moses - 4 - Same as Henderson, dallied with the ball way too much and ends up losing it, looked to me he was very selfish and showed no game intelligence.
Sturridge - 8 - 2 assists and a goal, what more do you need, fantastic game.
Suarez - 8 - HE IS BACK!

Subs
Sterling - 6 - did ok

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Cheers woof
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Missed this as well. Good call to try to bring it back woof.

Mignolet - 6 - Crosses are definitely not his thing. Looks like an unbeatable shot-stopper at times though.
Kolo Toure - 8 - His experience is showing and still has got a little pace left in him. Good leadership abilities as well.
Skrtel - 6 - Looked a bit shaky IMO.
Sakho - 7 - Great in the air and I think he's good with the ball too. His decisions are sometimes questionable though.
Enrique - 6
Henderson - 5 - I really thought that he would do better in that position. A poor game by him.
Gerrard - 7 - Assist and a key pass. Nothing else though, and a few mistakes.
Lucas - 6
Moses - 5 - Not a number 10. He should stick to the wings.
Sturidge - 9 - 2 assist and a goal. Job done.
Suarez - 8 - Looks a bit our of shape but scored 2 goals nevertheless.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:43 pm

Mignolet - 6 - Proving to be a great shot stopper I'm concerned about other aspects of his game.
Kolo Toure - 8 - Best defender we have at present.
Sakhou - 7 - Looked comfortable (if at times)somewhat ungainly, can already see he's a ball player not a "hoofer"
Skrtel - 7 - Good shift, no complaints
Enrique - 6 - Did OK .
Gerrard - 6 - Decent but not special
Lucas - 7 - Committed performance, seemed cool when others were panicking.
Henderson - 4 - Awful. Never mind a ball, tonight he couldn't cross a f'king road .
Moses - 6 - Decent shift, no complaints from me.
Sturridge - 8 - Good performance, slight question over his readiness to stop and throw his arms up whenever he feels he's been blocked off.
Suarez - 8 - Two goals and committed attitude, can't ask your striker for much more.

Subs
Sterling - 5

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Mignolet - 5 - Pretty poor i thought, was at fault for the goal and was flapping at every set piece and his distribution with his feet is bad. Did well on the last goal and made one good save.
Kolo Toure - 8 - Good performance, a real leader.
Sakho - 6 - did ok, more comfortable than his other games.
Skrtel - 6 - Solid enough
Enrique - 7 - sloppy at times and occasionally wasteful with possesion but played quite well overall, did a good job defensively and supported the attack.
Gerrard - 7 - Played well and his passing was on point today, supported Suarez and Sturridge well.
Lucas - 6 - The usual, got stuck in and kept it simple, another stupid booking
Henderson - 4 - Poor, offers nothing except workrate, did a nice run for the Suarezs final goal. Had to edit and bust Henderson down to a 4/10 after i was reminded that he ran the ball out for a corner, shocking!
Moses - 5 - Ran down too many blind alleys when their were better options, needs to get his head up more, improved second half performance however.
Sturridge - 8 - 2 assists and a goal, linked well with Suarez.
Suarez - 8 - Showed how much me missed him, his movement and finishing was good and he was lively throughout

Subs
Sterling - 6 - provided fresh legs
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Mignolet - 6     flapped at one or two things but wouldnt swap him for anyone else, great save from gardner.
Kolo Toure - 8  should be wearing the armband imo
Sakhou - 8       excellent performance against a type of forward who usually prove to be our nemesis
Skrtel - 7         showing his form of 2 seasons ago when he was fans player of the year
Enrique - 6       did okay
Gerrard - 6       not bad
Lucas - 6          same as gerrard
Henderson - 5   not his best game in a red shirt but gives 100% no matter what, no walking around from him
Moses - 6          decent game, deffo more of a threat than say aspas or sterling
Sturridge - 8      dont think he`s firing on all cylinders but even so he was involved in the all the moments that decided the 3 points
Suarez - 8         2 goals in his first league match since last april, tremendous player.

Subs
Sterling - 5
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Mignolet - 6 - unpredictable at best ,but pulled off some fantastic stops .
Kolo Toure - 8 - Monstrous at the back ,every performance shows total commitment
Sakhou - 8 - Marshalled Sunderlands physical approach through Altidore brilliantly
Skrtel - 7 - Solid display ,even a run up field.
Enrique - 6 - Lacked concentration ,in dangerous areas ,but got forward well and defended better
Gerrard - 5   - Sumptuous ball for Sturridge and played some neat passes ,second half run less than the Mackem's stewards
Lucas - 8 - Quelled the threat of Cattermole more than effectively
Henderson -6 - Never stopped running ,endless energy ,something our midfield centre is currently devoid of.
Moses - 6 - He done OK ,slight glue foot and on occasion wants to beat himself as well as the opponents ,but OK   
Sturridge - 8 - Excellent positional play and always provided the option for a pass ,linked up well with Luis.
Suarez - 8 - Two goals and looked a threat to Oshea and co all day long.
Subs
Sterling - 5 I struggle to see what Sterling provides when he comes on.

8 I think in a tactical sense ,Rodger's got this more or less bang on ,because Sunderland were fired up for this one and we had to win the midfield battle
first before we gained the right to play.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:16 pm

Mignolet - 7 - Think he was more or less solid on the corners. Made a couple of good saves. Could've done better with the goal.
Kolo Toure - 8 - Did his job well at RB.
Mamadou Sakho - 9 - Had a great game. Won everything in the air, good with interceptions, decent with passing - one sloppy pass though that had some part in the goal.
Skrtel - 8 - Had a solid game more or less except for maybe losing Giarre... for the goal.
Enrique - 5 - Thought he looked tired the whole game. Didn't do anything particularly well.
Gerrard - 6 - Great pass for the 2nd goal. Helped out defensively. Didn't see him in the opposition's half nearly all game.
Lucas - 7 - clinical passing, some good interceptions. Unlucky to get the yellow and the subsequent 1 match ban.
Henderson - 4 - Not his fault, but the position just doesn't suit him. Bad crossing or back passing was a constant feature of his game today.
Moses - 9 - Best player in the first half and until he came off. Carried the ball from the middle to the final third, was penetrative, and creative, if not a bit selfish.
Sturridge - 10 - Did all that he was asked for. Good control when he got the ball, good link up with Suarez. Scored 1, assisted 2. Maturing nicely.
Suarez - 8 - Scored 2 simpler goals. Overall play a tad rusty which is expected.

Subs
Sterling - 6 - Was fine I guess.
kartiek

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:44 am

Mignolet - 6. Still a worry on crosses, set up the counter for the third goal. Good save from Gardner even though he was offside.
Toure - 9.     The Man C "reject" is proving those doubters wrong - by the game.
Sahko - 7.     Look more composed, good on the ball and powerful in the air.
Skertel - 7.   A good solid performance, loved his run with the ball out from defense.
Enrique - 7.  One of his better games for me.
Henderson - 6. Had a decent game on the right, his crossing let him down.
Gerrard - 6.  Two assists and one world class but the air kick after having the ball poked away from him signals an ageing Gerrard is finding the game tough.
Lucas - 5.    Didn't even try to close down the long effort that led to the goal, neat and tidy in possession.
Moses - 6.   Had a decent game, gave the ball away a bit but played his part in trying to link midfield and attack.
Suarez - 8.  Good all round game and was rewarded with two poachers' goal. A constant, lively threat (as usual).
Sturridge - 8. Looked fitter, quicker and sharper another good performance from Dan.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:27 pm

I agree with MH's rankings bar Henderson.  Thought he had a pretty decent game. 
I'd give him a 6.

(edited by Woof)
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:39 pm

Mignolet - 7 ,made some amazing saves ,bit unsure on set pieces and should really avoid those short passes if he isn't 100% sure it will reach it's target.
Kolo Toure - 8 - Leader of the defense.
Skrtel - 7 - Solid
Sakho - 7 - Solid ,really like his confidence with the ball ,if he had someone in the Midfield to work with could be valuable moving the ball forward.
Enrique - 5 - Don't know ,something doesn't click with him ,clumsy footwork ,or pace or other ,breaks the flow.
Henderson - 5 - Had so many chances to do something but failed miserably ,was so free on the right side but couldn't do anything effective.
Gerrard - 6 - While having some bright moments ,he just couldn't hold the midfield ,and I'm missing his leadership rule.
Lucas - 5 ,Old Lucas.
Moses - 7 - Not the most classy player ,loses the ball too much but is felt on the field ,impacts the game and balance of play.
Sturidge - 9 - 2 great assists and a goal ,yep can tweak his football smarts but can't complain.
Suarez - 8 - Still rusty ,but was their when needed.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:37 am

Mignolet - 6 - sound performance "could have done better for their goal"
Kolo Toure - 8 - massive
Sakhou - 7 -  good display
Skrtel - 7 -  solid
Enrique - 6 -  good 
Gerrard - 5   -  ok for 1st half but needs to be given time off in the 2nd
Lucas - 6 - still doing more than his fair share 
Henderson -6 -  works tirelessly...epitomised by his part in the 3rd goal that half the fans miss
Moses - 6 -  good 
Sturridge - 7 -  awarded for his 2 assists and a goal but needs to bring more to the game as a whole
Suarez - 8 -  non stop from start to finish ...when fully fit he will be awesome again
Subs
Sterling - 4 - needs to put more in for the time on the pitch
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Penguins » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:56 am

Agree with MH ratings. I'd give Henderson and Moses 5's for effort though.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:36 pm

Mignolet - 6 - Shaky performance, turning out to be not my favourite type of goalkeeper. Very good shotstopping ability and can pull off amazing saves... but not very agile and confident when the ball comes in in the box.
Kolo Toure - 7 - He did well but at times seem like he tried to do too many things.
Sakhou - 7 - I like the way he plays seems to be quite dominant in the air
Skrtel - 6 - he did ok
Enrique - 6 - still seems rusty and not gelling with other players
Gerrard - 6 - good assists but could not dominate the midfield. Without the assists, the rating would be 5.
Lucas - 5 - alright performance, but lacks pace
Henderson - 6 - Contributed to the team play. Ran non-stop. Did well when moved into the middle in the 2nd half.
Moses - 6 - Ran with the ball... probably the only player who can carry the ball from defence to attack right now...
Sturridge - 8  Showed that he can be content with assisting someone... showed that he is not selfish... good attitude, brilliant performance
Suarez - 7 Took the goals well... but still looked a bit rusty... couldn't pull off some of his usual moves.

Subs
Sterling - 5 - I'm starting not to like his style... when he runs with the ball, he looks like a woman with a bag walking...

Overall Team Perfomance - 6
Lots of room for improvement... relied on Sturridge and Suarez's moments of brilliance to get the win...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:38 pm

so who's gonna compile all the scores?  :p
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion