Rafa: we're going to japan to rule the world - World club championship

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:10 pm

Liverpool will represent Europe in the 2005 FIFA Club World Championships in Japan and the Reds boss has made it perfectly clear his side will be going all out to win the title of best team in the world.

"We have collected a lot of videos of the other teams and we are trying to have them all watched as much as possible before the competition begins," revealed Rafa. "For sure, this is a competition we want to win. For Liverpool, if you enter any competition you must only think about one thing and that is winning. We are not going there for any other reason but to bring another trophy to Anfield."

Meanwhile, the line-up for the 2005 FIFA Club World Championship is now complete after Egyptian side Al Ahly booked their ticket to Japan at the weekend.

The Cairo-based club were crowned African champions on Saturday night when they completed an aggregate victory over Tunisia's Etoile Sahel.

They will now join Liverpool, Brazil's Sao Paolo, Sydney FC of Australia, Costa Rican outfit Deportivo Saprissa and the Saudi Arabians of Al Ittihad at FIFA's showpiece event in the Land of the Rising Sun just before Christmas.

Between December 11 and 18 this year, these six teams will battle it out for the honour of being the crowned the finest club side on the planet.

Liverpool, together with Sao Paolo, have received a bye into the last four of the competition and are guaranteed to play two games.

Our first (the semi-final), will be against either Deportivo Saprissa or Sydney FC, will take place in Yokohama on Thursday 15 December.

Depending on whether we win or lose we'll then contest either the 3rd/4th place play-off or the final three days later (Sunday 18 December) at the same venue.

Its nice to see Rafa always upbeat about winning. Any i think we have a good chance of winning it to. My only cocern is Sao Paolo. We all thought that Man Utd were gonna atuff Vasco in the last one but they just got a whupping in the most embarrasing fashion. I think Rafa has done his homework on these teams and it will be nice to make it trophey number 2 before the new year.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:29 pm

Don't know the odds on this one.. but I'm guessing we must be favorites. Should be good, lets have some more silverware befroe the year ends..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:28 pm

Oh we'd almost certainly be favourites.  I can't believe Sydney is Australia's representitive!  pffft they're not even the best team in the A-League
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:36 pm

I just hope the Sao Paulo guys don't read the name of this thread.

Sabre
:laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:41 pm

bavlondon wrote:Liverpool will represent Europe in the 2005 FIFA Club World Championships in Japan and the Reds boss has made it perfectly clear his side will be going all out to win the title of best team in the world.

"We have collected a lot of videos of the other teams and we are trying to have them all watched as much as possible before the competition begins," revealed Rafa. "For sure, this is a competition we want to win. For Liverpool, if you enter any competition you must only think about one thing and that is winning. We are not going there for any other reason but to bring another trophy to Anfield."

Meanwhile, the line-up for the 2005 FIFA Club World Championship is now complete after Egyptian side Al Ahly booked their ticket to Japan at the weekend.

The Cairo-based club were crowned African champions on Saturday night when they completed an aggregate victory over Tunisia's Etoile Sahel.

They will now join Liverpool, Brazil's Sao Paolo, Sydney FC of Australia, Costa Rican outfit Deportivo Saprissa and the Saudi Arabians of Al Ittihad at FIFA's showpiece event in the Land of the Rising Sun just before Christmas.

Between December 11 and 18 this year, these six teams will battle it out for the honour of being the crowned the finest club side on the planet.

Liverpool, together with Sao Paolo, have received a bye into the last four of the competition and are guaranteed to play two games.

Our first (the semi-final), will be against either Deportivo Saprissa or Sydney FC, will take place in Yokohama on Thursday 15 December.

Depending on whether we win or lose we'll then contest either the 3rd/4th place play-off or the final three days later (Sunday 18 December) at the same venue.

Its nice to see Rafa always upbeat about winning. Any i think we have a good chance of winning it to. My only cocern is Sao Paolo. We all thought that Man Utd were gonna atuff Vasco in the last one but they just got a whupping in the most embarrasing fashion. I think Rafa has done his homework on these teams and it will be nice to make it trophey number 2 before the new year.

its a shame al ahly were crowned champions in Africa, as Zamalek is a far better team.

I watched them in Cairo in 2001 against Roma, and i must say, they were very good.

They would've provided a sterner test than the current champions of Africa

judge
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:42 pm

WE played AL Ahly 2 years ago, they claim to be their best of the continent through out the years. Dull, inoffensive, predictible football.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:47 pm

zamalek are the best team in Egypt, i know

judge
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:34 pm

Judge wrote:zamalek are the best team in Egypt, i know

judge

Zamalek had to play Al Ahly twice on the way to this cup and won both games and are above them in the league. I'd say they're better!! 

Cockles :rasp  :rasp
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:17 pm

tommycockles wrote:
Judge wrote:zamalek are the best team in Egypt, i know

judge

Zamalek had to play Al Ahly twice on the way to this cup and won both games and are above them in the league. I'd say they're better!! 

Cockles :rasp  :rasp

historically they are better than al ahly  :rasp

plus the ref was an al ahly supporter  :nod

judge
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:28 pm

I don't bloody care to be honest, that's what *they claim* :D

Judge, if putting each of your letters of your nickname in a CL cup wasn't pretentious enough, now you also have to sign your posts *twice*? :shifty

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:51 pm

Sabre wrote:I don't bloody care to be honest, that's what *they claim* :D

Judge, if putting each of your letters of your nickname in a CL cup wasn't pretentious enough, now you also have to sign your posts *twice*? :shifty

Sabre

really  :D , thanks for that  :wwww

see below signature, already there!!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:53 pm

Judge wrote:Cockles :rasp  :rasp

historically they are better than al ahly  :rasp[/quote]
http://www.aboutaball.co.uk/html2/countries/egypt.php

...in the last 55 years Al Ahly have won the league 29 times compared to Zamalek's 10 times. (and there wasn't a league competition for 9 of those years) not a bad history. From 1994 they won the league 7 consecutive years in a row!

Still think they're better!!

Cockles  :rasp
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:57 pm

errr..............yes

i have seen zamalek play, and indeed the locals there do like the style of play of zamalek. They say that zamalek are the best club in Cairo and in Egypt :p  Who's to argue with a rampant passionate crowd of zamalek supporters
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:15 am

TommyCockles, obviously!!!! :p :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:35 am

We are already European Champions.

Might as well be World Champions too.

Officially.
  :laugh: