Race for Champs league spot

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:20 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:33 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:46 pm wrote:But...but I thought Manure were going to succeed now they have spent money on Sanchez  :D

7_Kewell wrote:It's alright Chelsea have spent a fortune, they'll do well....oh wait

I wouldn't get too cocky, we could easily find ourselves out of the top 4 by Monday.
United play Huddersfield this weekend (who look the worst side in the division atm) and Chelsea play Watford on Monday night, if we lose to Spurs and they both win we'll be 5th.
If we drop out of the CL places I think we'll struggle to get back in, I just think the likes of United, Chelsea and Spurs are more capable of churning out wins on a weekly basis against the lesser lights of the division than we are, don't get me wrong, apart from City and maybe Spurs no one is looking convincing atm, but I just think between now and May United and Chelsea are more likely to put a solid run of unspectacular wins together than we are.
Our defence will have to turn up big time on Sunday, even when we beat City we still conceded 3 and very nearly 4 right at the end, if we defend like we did against West Brom Kane and Ericsson etc will rip us to shreds.

I think Sprurs will play into our hands and we will win easily, they have not played well at Anfield for a while. Swansea caught us out by surprise and confidence amongst the supporters which was high at the time is now low (even though we won 3-0 two days ago). We will get back to winning ways!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:46 pm

kazza » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:33 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:46 pm wrote:But...but I thought Manure were going to succeed now they have spent money on Sanchez  :D

7_Kewell wrote:It's alright Chelsea have spent a fortune, they'll do well....oh wait

I wouldn't get too cocky, we could easily find ourselves out of the top 4 by Monday.
United play Huddersfield this weekend (who look the worst side in the division atm) and Chelsea play Watford on Monday night, if we lose to Spurs and they both win we'll be 5th.
If we drop out of the CL places I think we'll struggle to get back in, I just think the likes of United, Chelsea and Spurs are more capable of churning out wins on a weekly basis against the lesser lights of the division than we are, don't get me wrong, apart from City and maybe Spurs no one is looking convincing atm, but I just think between now and May United and Chelsea are more likely to put a solid run of unspectacular wins together than we are.
Our defence will have to turn up big time on Sunday, even when we beat City we still conceded 3 and very nearly 4 right at the end, if we defend like we did against West Brom Kane and Ericsson etc will rip us to shreds.

I think Sprurs will play into our hands and we will win easily, they have not played well at Anfield for a while. Swansea caught us out by surprise and confidence amongst the supporters which was high at the time is now low (even though we won 3-0 two days ago). We will get back to winning ways!

Not sure about that first bit. At wembley, they seemed to sit back somewhat. Interesting to see if they do the same again
Doeboy

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:34 pm

We are third place just now, only two points off second, not bad considering we have been stuttering for most of the season and Coutinho has missed many games also.

Big game on Sunday, a Six pointer. The combination of Spurs attack and our shaky defence, means that I think Spurs will definitely score a goal or two in this one. We need to beat these, and we will just have to outscore them.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:30 pm

There will be blips for all teams here and there so i feel the race will go right to the end.

It will be an interesting dog fight and what will also make a huge impact is how far each of the teams go in Europe.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:34 pm

Doeboy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:46 pm wrote:
kazza » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 pm wrote:I think Sprurs will play into our hands and we will win easily, they have not played well at Anfield for a while. Swansea caught us out by surprise and confidence amongst the supporters which was high at the time is now low (even though we won 3-0 two days ago). We will get back to winning ways!

Not sure about that first bit. At wembley, they seemed to sit back somewhat. Interesting to see if they do the same again

Yep, as you say at Wembley we actually had the lions share of possession (65%).
Spurs picked us off on the counter.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:58 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:34 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:46 pm wrote:
kazza » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 pm wrote:I think Sprurs will play into our hands and we will win easily, they have not played well at Anfield for a while. Swansea caught us out by surprise and confidence amongst the supporters which was high at the time is now low (even though we won 3-0 two days ago). We will get back to winning ways!

Yep, as you say at Wembley we actually had the lions share of possession (65%).
Spurs picked us off on the counter.

I think they sat back because we gifted them two silly goals, the game came to them. I'm counting ( maybe foolishly) that that won't happen this time.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:19 pm

Arsenal looking good with Aubameyang and Mikhitarian. 5-1 vs Everton.
If they can keep consistent they have a great shout for top4.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:37 pm

Draw hurts today, but we’ve now played city, spurs, arsenal, Leicester, and Burnley twice. That’s a lot of our tougher fixtures out of the way. Our next handful of games are against the easier sides, so we certainly have a chance to put ourselves in a good position.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:40 pm

This 4th place malarkey is going to the last game of the season. The 2nd to 5th places are between us, manure, Chelsea and spurs.

This is going right to the death, and we can't afford any slip ups.

Klopp hasn't replaced the magic midget. So he has to take flak in we end up being edged out.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:11 am

It does look like this is going to go to the wire. Got to be honest, way we ran out of gas today in the second half was rather worrying. We need Lallana back and fit to give is bit of a creative spark. Selling Coutinho, who was in great form, and not replacing him is definitely a gamble and I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the *****.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:34 am

Yeah we really need Lallana back and fit but by the looks of it i really wonder when will he be back. We all know we've taken a massive gamble not signing anyone in Jan.
Lets just hope it don't come back and haunt us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:57 pm

Heard it on the wireless that Conte could be sacked tonight if they fail to win  :laugh: Apparently Roman is eyeing up Luis Enrique as a replacement  :Oo:  Whatever is happening there can only be a good thing for us and it might just see them fall off the pace a bit.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:30 am

Thanks to Watford we are still third. Could've been 4 points ahead of Chelsea but oh well never mind.

The next few weeks will be very interesting with European games coming up aswel.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:56 am

4.1  :laugh:
We think we have problems but there is something completely rotten going on at that club.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 am

red till i die!! » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:56 pm wrote:4.1  :laugh:
We think we have problems but there is something completely rotten going on at that club.

The sending off changed the game, tbh it was a joke as well, I'm no lover of Chelsea but if a Liverpool player was sent off for 2 yellows like that I'd be absolutely livid.
Conte didn't look bothered though, you can see that he's not happy there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion