Players that turned out to be flops

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:52 am

redshade » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:12 pm wrote:Yeah your right he has been scoring for Celta this season, just checked it up.
I can't remember his playing with us. I don't think he scored at all.
According to soccerbase he scored 1 goal in a FA cup tie.

I bought Aspas on FIFA 15 and he scores for fun. Cracking player. unfortunately in real life for Liverpool Aspas didn't really do the business.
I remember when Robbie Keane signed... Liverpool fan... was proud to wear the red shirt...   then just ***** it up. shame.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:09 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:52 am wrote:
redshade » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:12 pm wrote:Yeah your right he has been scoring for Celta this season, just checked it up.
I can't remember his playing with us. I don't think he scored at all.
According to soccerbase he scored 1 goal in a FA cup tie.

I bought Aspas on FIFA 15 and he scores for fun. Cracking player. unfortunately in real life for Liverpool Aspas didn't really do the business.
I remember when Robbie Keane signed... Liverpool fan... was proud to wear the red shirt...   then just ***** it up. shame.

Robbie Keane wasnt given a proper chance mate. Half a season and he still scored 5 goals. I remember Rafa came out and said something like he wasnt the type of player he wanted. I believe Keane was caught in the crossfire...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Andy Carroll

My broken heart of the leaving of Torres wasn't fixed one fcking bit by this signing
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:08 pm

maguskwt » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:17 am wrote:How about Ryan Babel guys?  :D

Supposed to be the next Thierry Henry. But he came to Merseyside chillin, rappin, not caring whether he gets to play or not, and when he comes on he would just run fast and into defenders  :laugh:

Don't even know where he is now...

I really thought there was a player in him. He looked very promising but sadly turned out disappointing.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:36 pm

maguskwt » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:17 am wrote:How about Ryan Babel guys?  :D

Supposed to be the next Thierry Henry. But he came to Merseyside chillin, rappin, not caring whether he gets to play or not, and when he comes on he would just run fast and into defenders  :laugh:

Don't even know where he is now...

Probably buzzing around in the Babel copter  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:39 pm

I go as far back as David Speedie, fundamentally its hard to play for Liverpool and still is, you look at Sakho now it proves we generally buy good footballers with best intentions but its a heavy load at Anfield and getting harder.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:40 pm

parchpea » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:39 pm wrote:I go as far back as David Speedie, fundamentally its hard to play for Liverpool and still is, you look at Sakho now it proves we generally buy good footballers with best intentions but its a heavy load at Anfield and getting harder.

Speedie never got a fair run of it here  :no He was here a whopping 6 months and did quite well. He scored against Manure on his debut and a double against the bitters. His record is 12 games 6 goals and then came along tash face who pretty much ran the club into the ground.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:44 pm

Emiliano Insua.... Had high hopes for him and its fair to say he never was good enough for us. Its been a bit of a mixed bag for him as he never really settled anywhere but this season he seems to have found his league and level in Germany.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:47 pm

laza » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:21 pm wrote:Andy Carroll

My broken heart of the leaving of Torres wasn't fixed one fcking bit by this signing

And it all started so well. Remember watching him net 2 against Man City and dominating their defence....I really thought he was going to be a superstar that day. How wrong I was  :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Had Kenny bought someone better than Carroll we maybe would have done a lot better in the following season.
What a waste of money was Carroll.
Back then (2011) for 35mill im sure we could have got someone way better.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:10 pm

One of the biggest disappointments for me has to be Morientes, when we bought him I was on cloud nine at the prospect of Monacos free scoring striker and Madrid legend  scoring a header from every corner and sumptuous Gerrard cross for fun, finally I thought a monster in the air. I wouldnt say he was a flop exactly but in terms of the excitement that his signing mustered amongst reds fans his influence was marginal to say the least.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion