PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:47 am

Liverpool FC agree £8.5m deal to sign Brazilian Philippe Coutinho from Internazionale

Jan 26 2013

LIVERPOOL FC have agreed a fee of just under 10million Euros (£8.5million) with Inter Milan to sign midfielder Philippe Coutinho.

The breakthrough follows a week of lengthy negotiations with the Serie A outfit after the Reds' initial offer of 6million Euros (£5million) was rejected.

Liverpool are confident their application for a work permit for the 20-year-old Brazil international will be granted and he's expected to arrive on Merseyside for a medical early next week.

Southampton, whose new boss Mauricio Pochettino worked with Coutinho during his loan spell at Espanyol last season, were also in the hunt for his signature and had a 12million Euros (£10million) offer accepted.

However, Liverpool's hand was strengthened when Coutinho informed Inter he had no interest in joining Saints and that his heart was set on a move to Anfield.

The Reds' improved bid of 9million Euros (£7.6million) on Wednesday was turned down but further talks over the past 24 hours after reached a successful conclusion.

Blessed with pace and technically gifted, the versatile youngster can play in central midfield, out wide or in the No 10 role as a second striker.

Boss Brendan Rodgers has been keen to add to the £12million signing of striker Daniel Sturridge earlier this month and believes Coutinho fits the bill.

The Brazilian, who began his career at Vasco da Gama in his homeland, was sold to Inter for 4million euros at the age of 16 in 2008.

He remained at Vasco on loan for a further two years and made his full international debut in 2010 in a friendly against Iran. That remains his only cap.

Coutinho finally moved to Inter in July 2010 and made his debut a month later in the UEFA Super Cup final against Atletico Madrid.

After finding his opportunities limited, he spent the second half of last season on loan at Espanyol and he impressed in Spain, scoring five goals in 16 league appearances.

This season Coutinho has grown frustrated at once again being on the fringes of the Inter squad and he's ready to make a fresh start at Anfield.

Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/Liverpool ... z2JFKRgTQY

+++

We've done it again, bought another youngster I've never heard of who'll go straight into the first team.  :help
If he's so feckin' brilliant how come from all over europe only Liverpool and Darlington were interested?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Best of luck to him. 

Seems like another lightweight technical player when we could probably do with some steal in the midfield.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Coutinho is a very talented player. Very similar to Cristiano Ronaldo in how he plays.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:20 pm

Thommo's perm

Postby sixbuster » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:19 pm

Welcome  to what will be the best again
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:23 pm

Welcome kid. I really hope I'm wrong about you.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 pm

welcome to the club coutinho.
i really hope this lad can adapt from the off and actually strengthen the side for the remainder of the season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby The Raven » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:57 pm

LFC1990 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:13 pm wrote:Coutinho is a very talented player. Very similar to Cristiano Ronaldo in how he plays.

Yeah no pressure lad.

At the end of day hes from brazil and his name ends in INHO. thats enough for me.

Im off to move him to Liverpool in Football manager, and sell Coates
The Raven

Postby mart » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:02 pm

Reg » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:47 am wrote:Liverpool FC agree £8.5m deal to sign Brazilian Philippe Coutinho from Internazionale
We've done it again, bought another youngster I've never heard of who'll go straight into the first team.  :help
If he's so feckin' brilliant how come from all over europe only Liverpool and Darlington were interested?

He was very highly rated a couple of years ago, and considered among the top talents in the world. He hasnt managed to take the next step, but he is still very young so maybe he will make it here.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:41 pm

rodgers has just been on sly sports and he says this deal isnt done and that nothing has been signed.
he says the club are in still in talks and no agreement has been reached :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:22 pm

To be honest until the signing has been properly announced we shouldn't start threads like this.
After all the signing isn't 'official' yet.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:22 pm

Johnny Boy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:22 pm wrote:To be honest until the signing has been properly announced we shouldn't start threads like this.
After all the signing isn't 'official' yet.

Well it's not like the board is flooded with posts on other topics. 

:p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:58 pm

FFS why has this guy not been signed yet?

If we somehow manage NOT to get him, heads surely need to roll.

Starting with Ayre and Werner. F**king useless.......  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Eagle » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Stop talking nonsense. Buying players isn’t like picking up a drill from B&Q. Before he can sign we will have to attend a work permit hearing probably today or tomorrow and he will also have to pass a medical.
Eagle

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:10 pm

eds » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:58 am wrote:FFS why has this guy not been signed yet?

If we somehow manage NOT to get him, heads surely need to roll.

Starting with Ayre and Werner. F**king useless.......  :no

And Reg for jinxing it :p
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion