PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:13 am

I heard Comolli talking and he said that he knew Coutinho was not leaving. He said that he knew these owners and when they came out and said something they did not go back and they said they would not sell, despite what the papers wrote so he was saying that when they came out a month ago and said "not for sale" he knew it was not going to happen and the rest was just paper talk. We supporters read a lot of cr@p in the papers and we count it as real when 90% is total rubbish.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:20 am

Fuck Coutinho he's dead to me. We gave him the stage when he was rotting away at Inter's reserves and showed him an open arm to grow to be who he is today but as soon as someone comes for him, he threw a tantrum and put in a transfer request.

I'm surprised the club didn't just take the £135M and fight another day rather than having this little rat trying to poison the squad. Let him rot and see him kiss his World Cup goodbye...back pain my arse
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:02 pm

He needs to really work hard to get the fans back on his side here. I think if he knuckles down and can see that potentially we are now a better team than Barca he might be encouraged to stay beyond even next year.

I'd be tempted to leave him out to see if other players can adapt to Coutinho's role ... players that are committed to staying here so we can help them grow as a player instead of helping Coutinho get even better just to leave next year.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:17 pm

Santa » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:20 am wrote:Fuck Coutinho he's dead to me. We gave him the stage when he was rotting away at Inter's reserves and showed him an open arm to grow to be who he is today but as soon as someone comes for him, he threw a tantrum and put in a transfer request.

I'm surprised the club didn't just take the £135M and fight another day rather than having this little rat trying to poison the squad. Let him rot and see him kiss his World Cup goodbye...back pain my arse

The 200m for Neymar is poisoned, whoever has it won't be able to spend it sensibly so even for that money all we'd really achieve is inflating the market. Look at Arsenal's bid for Lemar for example.

I agree with the first part entirely, he's done at this club as far as I'm concerned. He'll have to put the effort in as it's World Cup year but right now I wouldn't put him in the side, it'll disrupt what's already working and will potentially put other players' noses out of joint who have no plans on leaving. Nice to have that quality on the subs bench tho  :;):
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:44 pm

I understand the anger felt by many of us towards Coutinho and the Barca saga, he's not my favourite player right now   :kungfu:

However, let's try and look at it from an adult and balanced perspective, one that will provide the best outcome for the benefit of our club.

(1) Let's just accept that Coutinho will probably (?) be gone next season.
(2) Let's acknowledge that we will then have a significant chunk of money in the bank (for further signings, who want to be here)
(3) Let's show some class and as long as he's still wearing our shirt we give Phil all our support in the hope that he will respond with a magnificent "Farewell" season.

Losing Coutinho next season is not the end of the world, Naby Keita is coming in (and hopefully Virgil Van Dyke) we are Liverpool and we are on the rise   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:56 am

Frankly, don't understand the vitriol aimed at Couts... He has kept quiet in all this saga after he has sent in a transfer request. Don't think any of you in his shoes would have acted differently. Like someone once said let the person who hasn't sinned throw the first stone...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:17 am

Same situation as when Suarez wanted to go to Arsenal, the following season we all supported him and cheered every time he scored one of those 31 goals. Most fans are as fickle as the players and forget the past when winning so let's not kid ourselves, we do need to support him however as he does not look as mentally tough as Suarez was so he probably will need the boost. As I said before, my boy was devastated when Suarez left so when I bought the newest kit I did not want to put a player's name on the back as the odds are he would have been gone too so I put Little Kazza. That's the face of modern football. I should have put Moreno as he will be here forever  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:20 am

:D

A few hugs from Klopp will sort out Coutinho emotional state.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:09 pm

Let's not forget that both Gerrard and Suarez wanted to go to one of our domestic rivals which would have really rubbed our noses in it, at least Phil had the decency to try and go abroad. If those 2 can be forgiven then Phil definately can.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:32 pm

All done and dusted for me now. Not like he came out and slagged the club off, went on strike etc Wanted a move to Barca which I think most people can understand. Handed in a transfer request which he is entitled to do...wasn't accepted. Can understand his head wasn't in the right place  and maybe this 'back injury' was something which was agreed with the club just to take him out the dpotlight while he gets his head sorted and things settle down somewhat. End of the day, his human and most people would be drawn in if a club like Barca rock up and say, come play for us at the Nou Camp with Messi and co. Wasn't a case of a Chelsea or a Arsenal after him.

End result he is still here and as far as i'm concerned it's business as usual.
Doeboy

Postby laza » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:11 am

Got to agree with far more articulated comments above.

Its all done and dusted , the usual malarkey  during these periods will hopefully die down along with all the whipped up media hyberbole .

Phil will hopefully come back into the fold , weave his magic and add to his worth until this circus starts again for Christmas transfer window.

Of course if by then he has put us 15 points ahead  of the league .

I happily pack his bags for him for 183 million :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:08 am

Pig Catcher » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:21 pm wrote:1. Barcelona get their pants pulled down by PSG unexpectedly who do a dodgy deal that allows them to get Neymar
2. Barcelona haven’t planned for Neymar’s exit so instead of having worked on something for months they have to cut to the chase and put an offer in for Phil having had indication from him that he wants to go (no surprise there)
3. We flat out refuse. We haven’t had time to manage his exit so won’t sell at any cost this window
4. Phil puts in a transfer request as he wants to leave
5. Barcelona put in another offer and again we flatly refuse
6. The window closes and Phil gets his head straight and has a big season and keeps his place in the Brazil team for the World Cup in the summer
7. Phil leaves for Barcelona and the club are able to manage the exit in a controlled way
8. The end

This happens to almost every club time and time again. It’s been predictable since Barcelona put in the first bid a couple of weeks ago.

This was predictable as soon as Barcelona registered their interest. Phil will score one or two goals and all the anger will settle down.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:18 am

I would like to hear a statement from Coutinho himself because I heard alot of rumours that put him in a bad light. Him asking not to be in our champions league squad was one of the things that was disappointing to hear.

I understand that he wanted to go to Barca etc ... but I didn't like the little things he was doing to "force" the move.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:01 pm

I honestly don't know what to believe mate. So just perhaps its time to give him the benefit of the doubt. Coutinho on his day is a class act. We potentially have an attacking force that can frighten most teams to death. Defensively we are not as bad as a lot of people make out. Ok it needs improving but it is not a complete disaster. I have a good feeling about this season.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:52 am

I thought he looked half hearted when he came on against Sevilla. I know he did not play long but I really wanted to see him bust a gut to prove to us he was on board and I would have accepted " ring rust" even though he seemed to play well with Brazil but not half hearted. I hope this is not a pattern for the season as we could really do with a world class performance this year from him like we got from Suarez, for a world class performance a player really has to be driven.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion