PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:05 am

I think we should let him go tonight. I dont think Coutinhi has the mental strength than Suarez had. He 100% wants to leave the club and I can see him falling out with Klopp very very soon.
Neymar came out after Brazil's game yesterday and said: "Unfortunately, instead of being a happy time for him [Coutinho], for his family, it's a moment of anguish, disappointment and sadness. I like to see him happy because he is a teammate and a friend that I've had for a long time". The Brazil coach also came out and spoke about how the player is disappointed with the situation.

He's our best player and none of us want him to leave but I'm surprised Klopp hasnt asked the board to consider bids for him given his stance on wanting players who would give everything for the shirt.

Sh*t situation all around.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:19 am

I feel for the lad and his family. It is a desperate time for them. He plays for one of the most respected football clubs in the world and earns £7.5m plus bonuses, image rights and sponsorship etc. It clearly is a terrible time for him.

He signed an extremely lucrative contract in December 2016 and rewards us by behaving like a spoilt brat. His behaviour has been an embarrassment to Liverpool Football Club. Bad back and a virus followed by a miraculous recovery to play for Brazil. To be honest I'm not sure that Sakho's behaviour was any worse. Coutinho effectively went on strike !! It will be very interesting to see how Klopp treats him if he isn't sold today.

We took him out of the doldrums at Milan and developed his ability and this is how he thanks us.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:23 am

devaney » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:19 am wrote:I feel for the lad and his family. It is a desperate time for them. He plays for one of the most respected football clubs in the world and earns £7.5m plus bonuses, image rights and sponsorship etc. It clearly is a terrible time for him.

He signed an extremely lucrative contract in December 2016 and rewards us by behaving like a spoilt brat. His behaviour has been an embarrassment to Liverpool Football Club. Bad back and a virus followed by a miraculous recovery to play for Brazil. To be honest I'm not sure that Sakho's behaviour was any worse. Coutinho effectively went on strike !! It will be very interesting to see how Klopp treats him if he isn't sold today.

We took him out of the doldrums at Milan and developed his ability and this is how he thanks us.

Who's said he's injured tho? Him or us? It could well be that the powers that be have put that story out there while this situation is ongoing. It doesn't mean he's feigned injury or anything of the sort.

In my head he's already gone. Whether he's here for another season or not he's not a Liverpool player any more. If he goes my only concern will be numbers, not his quality. I don't think the number of goals we score this season will see a significant difference in his absence but we'll be lacking some creativity and flair from the middle of the park unless Can keeps his early form up or AOC suddenly develops into the player he was touted as. I've probably contradicted myself a bit there but that's more of a slight against the quality of the rest of the midfield than bigging Couts up.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:00 pm

If we felt it necessary to erroneously claim that the player was injured or suffering a virus, due to his state of mind, then spin it however you like but Coutinho effectively went on strike.

Just because his behaviour could be deemed as bad as Suarez or Sterling it was still downright embarrassing.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:28 pm

devaney » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:00 am wrote:If we felt it necessary to erroneously claim that the player was injured or suffering a virus, due to his state of mind, then spin it however you like but Coutinho effectively went on strike.

Just because his behaviour could be deemed as bad as Suarez or Sterling it was still downright embarrassing.

I think it's stretching it a bit to say he went on strike, whenever a players future is in doubt the parent club often pulls them out of games anyway because their head isn't right. Given the speculation surrounding Phil I doubt he would have played against Hoffenheim and Watford anyway. The phantom back injury probably suited Liverpool just as much as it suited Phil because it allowed Jurgen to shut down conversations about his future by just saying 'he's injured'.
Yes as a fan the whole episode is desperately disappointing but come on, take off your red tinted glasses and put yourself in Phil's position for a minute, we have won 1 league cup in 10 years and haven't won the title here in nearly 30 years, players are always going to have their heads turned by other clubs until we start showing ambition.
We do seem to be heading in the right direction but we will still need to do more to convince these top players that this is the place to be. Let's start that process next week by beating City convincingly in their own backyard.
:buttrock
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:31 pm

F**k the money.

F**k ever playing him again and leave him to rot in the reserves.

The insipid little runt signed a 5 year contract with us, it's about time in this day and age that clubs start holding individuals responsible for their OWN actions.

No one forced him to sign an extension with us, no one forced him to gladly accept the piles of cash he has made off us hard working supporters, a term that he would NOT be familiar with.

Unlike him we don't have the luxury or privilege these so called "football players" lead.

Oh boo f**king hoo you don't get to play for Farcelona, so your backs "a little sore" and you can't play for the CLUB that EMPLOYS you. Cry me a river you little baby.

Klopp was the hard man on campus with Sahko, he now needs to kick the living s**t out of this drongo when he comes back to England and remind him what this football club is all about.  :no
Last edited by eds on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:34 pm

eds » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:31 pm wrote:F**k the money.

F**k ever playing him again and leave him to rot in the reserves.

The insipid little runt signed a 5 year contract with us, it's about time in this day and age that clubs start holding individuals responsible for their OWN actions.

No one forced him to sign an extension with us, no one forced him to gladly accept the piles of cash he has made off us hard working supporters, a term that he would NOT be familiar with.

Unlike him we don't have the luxury or privilege these so called "football players" lead.

Oh boo f**king hoo you don't get to play for Farcelona, so your backs "a little sore" and you can't play for the CLUB that EMPLOYS you. Cry me a river you little baby.

Klopp was the hard man on campus with Sahko, he now needs to kick the living s**t out of this drongo when he comes back to England and remind him what this football club is all about.  :no

I agree 100%
The Club comes before ANY player.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:29 pm

I have a very strong feeling that if nothing happens tonight Klopp will give Coutinho an extremely hard time when he gets back to the club and I certainly don't see him as an automatic first choice unless it is in the reserves. It will be interesting to see how the club plays this one. There were plenty of times when we needed Sakho and Klopp was unrelenting.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:00 pm

devaney » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:29 pm wrote:I have a very strong feeling that if nothing happens tonight Klopp will give Coutinho an extremely hard time when he gets back to the club and I certainly don't see him as an automatic first choice unless it is in the reserves. It will be interesting to see how the club plays this one. There were plenty of times when we needed Sakho and Klopp was unrelenting.

I'll be shocked if Phil doesn't feature in some way against City, even if it's off the bench.
Given his performance last night for Brazil personally I'd start him, on paper City away is our hardest game of the season and we are going to need all our star players out there on the pitch.
The transfer window's shut now, time to put everything aside and get down to business, if Phil wants we can revisit the topic of him leaving next summer but for now we knuckle down and try and win this friggin title and the CL.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:00 pm wrote:
devaney » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:29 pm wrote:I have a very strong feeling that if nothing happens tonight Klopp will give Coutinho an extremely hard time when he gets back to the club and I certainly don't see him as an automatic first choice unless it is in the reserves. It will be interesting to see how the club plays this one. There were plenty of times when we needed Sakho and Klopp was unrelenting.

I'll be shocked if Phil doesn't feature in some way against City, even if it's off the bench.
Given his performance last night for Brazil personally I'd start him, on paper City away is our hardest game of the season and we are going to need all our star players out there on the pitch.
The transfer window's shut now, time to put everything aside and get down to business, if Phil wants we can revisit the topic of him leaving next summer but for now we knuckle down and try and win this friggin title and the CL.

Got no doubt Coutinho will be back in and this whole thing will blow over. He probably wasn't in the right frame of mind to play while the whole Barca thing was hanging over him but now it's over, I don't envisage any issues and he will pick up where he left off and sure Klopp will welcome him back as it benefits the club. With it being a world cup year, Coutinho will want to cement a place in that brazilian line up  and he will get his head down and crack on.

I actually think it's probably more his agent(s) driving the move and they've got him onside and advised him to do whatever he has done. Deep down, don't think he is the type to cause trouble. Let's be honest, it's Barcelona ..most players, especially south americans would love to play there or Real Madrid so don't blame him for trying to get a move there when a chance arose.
Doeboy

Postby kazza » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:20 pm

Doeboy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:05 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:00 pm wrote:

Got no doubt Coutinho will be back in and this whole thing will blow over. He probably wasn't in the right frame of mind to play while the whole Barca thing was hanging over him but now it's over, I don't envisage any issues and he will pick up where he left off and sure Klopp will welcome him back as it benefits the club. With it being a world cup year, Coutinho will want to cement a place in that brazilian line up  and he will get his head down and crack on.

I actually think it's probably more his agent(s) driving the move and they've got him onside and advised him to do whatever he has done. Deep down, don't think he is the type to cause trouble. Let's be honest, it's Barcelona ..most players, especially south americans would love to play there or Real Madrid so don't blame him for trying to get a move there when a chance arose.

This

Not sure why some are so angry this is the business of football, it's not personal. I would bet that Klopp not Coutinho suggested he had a back injury as he knew his head was not in it. If you do not play him and let him rot in the reserves you are doing a disservice to the team as he is our best player and he is the top earner, at that point it would be amateurish. He wanted to leave, we stood our ground and it's done. Time to walk on!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:22 pm

The window is not closed yet. Hope he stays though.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:52 pm

Surely it would have been done by now if it was happening?
Coutinho has been a very naughty boy and should have his legs slapped. But thats not going to happen because seeing as the club have kept him then it makes sense to try and persuade him to play. I would advise any supporter who is angry/upset/fuming/livid to keep their mouths shut and get behind him.
Hes nowhere near worth half thats been offered for him but hes staying and it makes no sense to upset him now
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:16 am

Thommo's perm » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:52 pm wrote:Surely it would have been done by now if it was happening?
Coutinho has been a very naughty boy and should have his legs slapped. But thats not going to happen because seeing as the club have kept him then it makes sense to try and persuade him to play. I would advise any supporter who is angry/upset/fuming/livid to keep their mouths shut and get behind him.
Hes nowhere near worth half thats been offered for him but hes staying and it makes no sense to upset him now
:no

This...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:42 am

Just maybe this very annoying Coutinho saga has done LFC and FSG a lot of good. It takes serious balls to walk away from £140m. I'll be honest if I had been in their position I would have found it almost impossible not to take the money. FSG have been heavily criticised for their greed and lack of commitment since they bought the club. If this very serious  "fk off" Barca doesn't cause a few people to have a rethink then I don't know what will. Klopp and FSG were adamant that Coutinho wouldn't be sold all summer. At times I struggled to believe them. SHOVING ONE UP CHELSEA AND TELLING BARCA TO STUFF THEIR MONEY HAS MADE A DIFFICULT WINDOW JUST A LOT MORE ENJOYABLE !! Well done Klopp and FSG - RESPECT !!

Whilst on the subject of transfers I wonder how that little runt Sterling feels this morning after being offered to Arsenal as bait for Sanchez. Karma is wonderful !!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext