PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:33 pm

johnbarnes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:55 pm wrote:Two completely different situations TBH.

Sakho is a moron who has taken the pi$$ one  too many times.  Coutinho has simply asked to leave and done little else wrong. He hasn't turned up late for team meetings or taken stuff he shouldn't have. It could be argued that he isn't injured, but Klopp hasn't said anything to the contrary so we have to take that at face value.

On another note, I wonder how Phil is feeling after he saw Barca's offer?  £16m a year for 5 years? That's the sort of thing I'd expect from the likes of Huddlesfield or Brighton....perhaps Barca arn't that serious about him after all? Or maybe they're not as rich as powerful as they led everyone to believe?  ???

Yes two completely different scenarios but both have showed contempt for the club.
As for Phil's feelings at the latest Barca offer - I'd question his ability to even understand it.
In his head, may well be the thought of "Well you're gonna get paid so what's the problem?"
[/quote]

16m a year for 5 years is 300k a week? Or do you mean 16m over 5 years which is about 60k a week?
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:33 pm

johnbarnes » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:55 pm wrote:Two completely different situations TBH.

Sakho is a moron who has taken the pi$$ one  too many times.  Coutinho has simply asked to leave and done little else wrong. He hasn't turned up late for team meetings or taken stuff he shouldn't have. It could be argued that he isn't injured, but Klopp hasn't said anything to the contrary so we have to take that at face value.

On another note, I wonder how Phil is feeling after he saw Barca's offer?  £16m a year for 5 years? That's the sort of thing I'd expect from the likes of Huddlesfield or Brighton....perhaps Barca arn't that serious about him after all? Or maybe they're not as rich as powerful as they led everyone to believe?  ???

Yes two completely different scenarios but both have showed contempt for the club.
As for Phil's feelings at the latest Barca offer - I'd question his ability to even understand it.
In his head, may well be the thought of "Well you're gonna get paid so what's the problem?"
[/quote]
How has Coutinho shown contempt to the club?
Some of you are living in cloud cuckoo land. We are talking about PROFESSIONAL footballers here. He was well within his rights to let the club know that he wants to join a club that wants to buy him. Did he have any disciplinary issues like Sakho? Did he go out and bite an opponent like Suarez? Did he refuse to play like Masherano? He hasnt. Look, you have to understand that prifessional footballers are not like fans who worships the club they support and goes through thick and thin. They are doing this for a living. They may still like a club that they play for but if they had a chance to better their situation, they will.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:00 pm

Apparently Barca have told LFC that they have until Sunday to accept their offer, otherwise it'll be withdrawn  :D  :laugh:  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:56 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:00 pm wrote:Apparently Barca have told LFC that they have until Sunday to accept their offer, otherwise it'll be withdrawn  :D  :laugh:  :laugh:

I wouldn't believe one word that comes out of that club, it's probably just a tactic to put pressure on Coutinho to do more to force his way out. That crowd won't stop until the window closes that's for sure, in fact if we get past Hoffenheim on Wednesday our CEO etc will probably have Barcelona officials all over him at the CL draw in Monaco on Friday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:58 am

maguskwt » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:33 pm wrote:

Some of you are living in cloud cuckoo land. We are talking about PROFESSIONAL footballers here. He was well within his rights to let the club know that he wants to join a club that wants to buy him. Did he have any disciplinary issues like Sakho? Did he go out and bite an opponent like Suarez? Did he refuse to play like Masherano? He hasnt. Look, you have to understand that prifessional footballers are not like fans who worships the club they support and goes through thick and thin. They are doing this for a living. They may still like a club that they play for but if they had a chance to better their situation, they will.[/quote]

Professional my A$$ ,the lad suddenly has back problems? Sends his transfer form like a coward by mail? He is your typical modern footballer which would drop you in a 2nd comes  better shiny offer..Similar to our candidate VVD and many others..Yes that's how the game is played but let's not call it professional.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:31 am

What was Klopp saying about Coutinho  in the after match press conference? Did Klopp say that it was the clubs decision not to play Coutinho against Crystal Palace? And did he give the impression that the decision was taken out of his hands and that Coutinho  was in fact fit to play?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:45 am

devaney » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:31 am wrote:What was Klopp saying about Coutinho  in the after match press conference? Did Klopp say that it was the clubs decision not to play Coutinho against Crystal Palace? And did he give the impression that the decision was taken out of his hands and that Coutinho  was in fact fit to play?

erm... my post was before the match...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:50 am

only me » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:58 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:33 pm wrote:

Some of you are living in cloud cuckoo land. We are talking about PROFESSIONAL footballers here. He was well within his rights to let the club know that he wants to join a club that wants to buy him. Did he have any disciplinary issues like Sakho? Did he go out and bite an opponent like Suarez? Did he refuse to play like Masherano? He hasnt. Look, you have to understand that prifessional footballers are not like fans who worships the club they support and goes through thick and thin. They are doing this for a living. They may still like a club that they play for but if they had a chance to better their situation, they will.

Professional my A$$ ,the lad suddenly has back problems? Sends his transfer form like a coward by mail? He is your typical modern footballer which would drop you in a 2nd comes  better shiny offer..Similar to our candidate VVD and many others..Yes that's how the game is played but let's not call it professional.[/quote]

The meaning I stressed when I meant PROFESSIONAL is exactly that, that of a modern day footballer. Love it or hate it, you got to accept it because all modern day footballers are like that. They are doing this as a profession. That means you are being PAID to do. So when you are being PAID to do what you do, you will most of the time play for someone who PAYS you more. Anyone who still believes that these footballers will bleed for the shirt/ the club is living in cloud cuckoo land. Refusing to play is of course NOT professional. As I've said to Devaney, my post is before the match and frankly speaking I don't know what Klopp said at the post match press conference...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:00 am

devaney » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:31 am wrote:What was Klopp saying about Coutinho  in the after match press conference? Did Klopp say that it was the clubs decision not to play Coutinho against Crystal Palace? And did he give the impression that the decision was taken out of his hands and that Coutinho  was in fact fit to play?
He basically said it was the club's decision and yeah out of his own hands. So the manager of the club can't play his star player because the "club" says so? We nearly blew another 2 points today .. when is this bullcrap gonna end?

I'm guessing we're waiting for the result on weds.. If we lose we sell Coutinho, and if we win we get reinforcements.

Is Klopp even in control of the club anymore?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:17 am

Some of you are living in cloud cuckoo land. We are talking about PROFESSIONAL footballers here. He was well within his rights to let the club know that he wants to join a club that wants to buy him. Did he have any disciplinary issues like Sakho? Did he go out and bite an opponent like Suarez? Did he refuse to play like Masherano? He hasnt. Look, you have to understand that prifessional footballers are not like fans who worships the club they support and goes through thick and thin. They are doing this for a living. They may still like a club that they play for but if they had a chance to better their situation, they will.[/quote]

Professional my A$$ ,the lad suddenly has back problems? Sends his transfer form like a coward by mail? He is your typical modern footballer which would drop you in a 2nd comes  better shiny offer..Similar to our candidate VVD and many others..Yes that's how the game is played but let's not call it professional.[/quote]

The meaning I stressed when I meant PROFESSIONAL is exactly that, that of a modern day footballer. Love it or hate it, you got to accept it because all modern day footballers are like that. They are doing this as a profession. That means you are being PAID to do. So when you are being PAID to do what you do, you will most of the time play for someone who PAYS you more. Anyone who still believes that these footballers will bleed for the shirt/ the club is living in cloud cuckoo land. Refusing to play is of course NOT professional. As I've said to Devaney, my post is before the match and frankly speaking I don't know what Klopp said at the post match press conference...[/quote]

1. You are agree that Cun.tinho has acted unprofessionally... Which was my casing point when comparing the situation too MS. Both players have conducted themselves 'unprofessionally'. Now it's up to the club to decide what the future holds for both players.
2. We (as fans / supports) DO NOT have to accept the antics of the modern day footballer - quite the opposite. The working man conducts him or herself according to the laws of employment and the majority of us adhere to it. So what makes a professional footballer so different to the rest of us?
3. Cun.tinho is more than happy to take the likely pay-cut in order to see his dream move become a reality - Just like LS did!
----
So why sign a new 5 year deal? Oh yes, because of the money!
Footballers want LIFE to go their own way and LIFE simply isn't put their for them to HAVE IT ALL their OWN WAY. Life isn't like that.
Richard Branson has had to accept in LIFE that things aren't always gonna go the way you want them too (Railways, NHS etc...) - An individual who has more money than GOD (I mean Robbie Fowler). 
IF Richard Branson can accept it; then to hell with those ar$esplit footballing idiots. you may choose to bow-down too? -
ME - I'd look 'em in the eye and call them a cun.t - It's that simple.
----
A man is only a good as his word.
When Phil signed a new 5 year contract he looked very happy and content. Why? Because he was getting a huge pay rise. If he and his agent were professional enough to take the money ONLY 6 MONTHS AGO - then this decision should have been their long-term decision - Not a decision that they both feel free to reverse only 6 MONTHS into the new contract...
Forget loyalty, bleeding for the badge etc etc... What about integrity, honour and self-respect.
You may say that the modern day footballer has none of these qualities and I'd possibly agree with you - BUT IT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT!
----
Check any thread and you will not see my name against any remark condoning ANY football player who decides to:
a) Hand in a transfer request
b) Go AWOL
c) Go on strike
d) Fabricate insightful stories to the media
e) Simply acting like a spoilt $plit$arsed fool - In need of a new toy!
----
It is WRONG that Keita is ACTING up at his club. It is WRONG that VVD has handed in his transfer request and for those reasons I am glad we have distanced ourselves from both players. If one or both players end up playing for LFC, then more power to the club, as it is NOT my GROWING CONCERN - It's not my decision to make.
Yet; I can still remain subjective / objective and simply NOT ACCEPT it as the 'NORM'. 
----
PS:
An individual reserves the right to be subjective and Objective at the same time
:D
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:37 am

johnbarnes » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:17 am wrote:
1. You are agree that Cun.tinho has acted unprofessionally... Which was my casing point when comparing the situation too MS. Both players have conducted themselves 'unprofessionally'. Now it's up to the club to decide what the future holds for both players.
2. We (as fans / supports) DO NOT have to accept the antics of the modern day footballer - quite the opposite. The working man conducts him or herself according to the laws of employment and the majority of us adhere to it. So what makes a professional footballer so different to the rest of us?
3. Cun.tinho is more than happy to take the likely pay-cut in order to see his dream move become a reality - Just like LS did!
----
Footballers want LIFE to go their own way and LIFE simply isn't put their for them to HAVE IT ALL their OWN WAY. Life isn't like that.
Richard Branson has had to accept in LIFE that things aren't always gonna go the way you want them too (Railways, NHS etc...) - An individual who has more money than GOD (I mean Robbie Fowler). 
IF Richard Branson can accept it; then to hell with those ar$esplit footballing idiots. you may choose to bow-down too? -
----
When Phil signed a new 5 year contract he looked very happy and content. Why? Because he was getting a huge pay rise. If he and his agent were professional enough to take the money ONLY 6 MONTHS AGO - then this decision should have been their long-term decision - Not a decision that they both feel free to reverse only 6 MONTHS into the new contract...
Forget loyalty, bleeding for the badge etc etc... What about integrity, honour and self-respect.
You may say that the modern day footballer has none of these qualities and I'd possibly agree with you - BUT IT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT!
----
Check any thread and you will not see my name against any remark condoning ANY football player who decides to:
b) Go AWOL
c) Go on strike
----
It is WRONG that Keita is ACTING up at his club. It is WRONG that VVD has handed in his transfer request and for those reasons I am glad we have distanced ourselves from both players. If one or both players end up playing for LFC, then more power to the club, as it is NOT my GROWING CONCERN - It's not my decision to make.
Yet; I can still remain subjective / objective and simply NOT ACCEPT it as the 'NORM'. 
----
PS:
An individual reserves the right to be subjective and Objective at the same time

Mate, our employment contracts and their contracts are the same or at least very similar.
If we are a permanent employee, we could always give nitice to resign and join a better paying better deal employment.
If we are a contract employee and say we are contracted for 2 years and we want to leave before 2 years is up, we could compensate for our remianing contract and leave.
Footballers contracts are similar to that. Barca is compensating LFC for coitinho leaving early.
If we dont have these options, we will become paid slaves.
But if reports are correct that coutinho is all in and refusing to play and even refusing simple requests then I agree with you that he is NOT PROFESSIONAL...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:44 am

maguskwt » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:37 am wrote:
johnbarnes » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:17 am wrote:
----
----
----
b) Go AWOL
c) Go on strike
----
----
PS:

Mate, our employment contracts and their contracts are the same or at least very similar.
If we are a permanent employee, we could always give nitice to resign and join a better paying better deal employment.
If we are a contract employee and say we are contracted for 2 years and we want to leave before 2 years is up, we could compensate for our remianing contract and leave.
Footballers contracts are similar to that. Barca is compensating LFC for coitinho leaving early.
If we dont have these options, we will become paid slaves.
But if reports are correct that coutinho is all in and refusing to play and even refusing simple requests then I agree with you that he is NOT PROFESSIONAL...

While I agree with the principle of being under contract and resigning Coutinho was quick to accept the increased wage but doesn't seem quite as quick to honour the agreement. More clauses need inserted to punish players for such behaviour because in this day and age they seem to have all the right in the world to kick and scream and get their way, regardless of their previous commitments.

Secondly, the revenue that players can bring to clubs also plays a huge part, it isn't as simplistic as saying 'right I want to leave now' as the club will have benefitted hugely from marketing his name.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Coutinho wants 'clear the air talks' according to The Indy as he looks to play again for LFC.

If true, Klopp and FSG have played a blinder  :buttrock

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/coutinho-talks-liverpool-barcelona-transfer-move-impossible-news-hoffenheim-a7906221.html
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:48 pm

We were in a strong position and the club used it which is a good thing but a bit much to say they played a blinder. He has 5 years to go on his contract with no buyout clause and he needs to play regularly and well to ensure he is in Brazil’s first team next year. We held all the cards from the beginning.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:41 pm

I hope we can get him back on the pitch very soon. On sunday versus Arsenal would be a dream.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion