PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:39 am

I didn't hesitate to take £120M. Coutinho is very good but isn't that good!  Phil has found it hard to crack a smile for quite some time now and I personally believe his head is in a different place.  As much as I'd like him  I am not impressed with the BS that has been coming out of his camp. We win 55% of games when he plays and 50% when he doesn't.  Yes it would be a massive shame if he went on it so it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:26 pm

devaney » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:39 am wrote:I didn't hesitate to take £120M. Coutinho is very good but isn't that good!  Phil has found it hard to crack a smile for quite some time now and I personally believe his head is in a different place.  As much as I'd like him  I am not impressed with the BS that has been coming out of his camp. We win 55% of games when he plays and 50% when he doesn't.  Yes it would be a massive shame if he went on it so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

You mean Barcelona offered you 120 million for Coutinho?  :rasp

Anyway, I don't think that stat of 55%/ 50% can be looked at it face value. What I know when I see the matches with my own eyes is, when Coutinho plays, we play flowing exciting football, when he doesn't we're as boring as a mid table team...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:49 pm

maguskwt » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 am wrote:
devaney » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:39 am wrote:I didn't hesitate to take £120M. Coutinho is very good but isn't that good!  Phil has found it hard to crack a smile for quite some time now and I personally believe his head is in a different place.  As much as I'd like him  I am not impressed with the BS that has been coming out of his camp. We win 55% of games when he plays and 50% when he doesn't.  Yes it would be a massive shame if he went on it so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

You mean Barcelona offered you 120 million for Coutinho?  :rasp

Anyway, I don't think that stat of 55%/ 50% can be looked at it face value. What I know when I see the matches with my own eyes is, when Coutinho plays, we play flowing exciting football, when he doesn't we're as boring as a mid table team...

Exactly
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:28 pm

I read he told Klopp he will not play for us again and that the team needs to agree a deal. A little petulant if true and does not really force our hand as he will cave in eventually but do we really want that sort of bad energy within the team? If true and he is that determined it will not end well for him as a Liverpool player.

Very disappointed in the player as there is no honor in the way he is acting, Barcelona or not. I read that he was told by Suarez and Gerrard that you can never leave this club amicably and that the fans will always be angry regardless but I think that is not necessarily true, Xabi Alonso comes to mind. No excuse for putting in a transfer request the day before the season starts and not wanting to play.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:08 pm

kazza » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:28 pm wrote:I read he told Klopp he will not play for us again and that the team needs to agree a deal. A little petulant if true and does not really force our hand as he will cave in eventually but do we really want that sort of bad energy within the team? If true and he is that determined it will not end well for him as a Liverpool player.

Very disappointed in the player as there is no honor in the way he is acting, Barcelona or not. I read that he was told by Suarez and Gerrard that you can never leave this club amicably and that the fans will always be angry regardless but I think that is not necessarily true, Xabi Alonso comes to mind. No excuse for putting in a transfer request the day before the season starts and not wanting to play.

I also read it on those bizarre Internet sites but i find it hard to believe...If that is the case then we should just send him to rot in the stands..He can work on his poetry skills during this time..If Leipzig and the Saints can hold their ground surely we can and we must ,we don't need the money. We will use this year or maybe till the January window to come up with the right replacement.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Just the usual fabrications by Spanish media that accompany every transfer, I don't think Coutinho would risk completely burning his bridges with Liverpool fans by abstaining from playing for the club again,at least I hope he wouldn't, but if he did,then I think we will all be unanimous in declaring that if he's prepared to plum the depths to garner this move then we didn't really  know the lad at all.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:31 pm

I suspect we'll hear all sorts of stuff coming out of Phil's camp as the end of the window approaches and Barca really start to panic, it wouldn't even surprise me if he started slagging the city/scouser's off etc.
It's the oldest trick in the book though, these comments are designed to p[iss] people off, they want people to react so they can ride the wave of outrage and indignation all the way to Barcelona.
What Phil's camp need to realise is that this club does not exist to make him or Barcelona happy, this club exists to win trophies and to make our own fans happy. If we sell our best players we are not acting in our best own interests it's as simple as that. Phil is blatantly thinking about what's good for himself and his own narrow self interest so he can't blame the club for doing exactly the same. He signed a contract in January and he can honour it, getting paid £150,000 a week to kick a bag of wind around a field is hardly purgatory.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:31 pm wrote:I suspect we'll hear all sorts of stuff coming out of Phil's camp as the end of the window approaches and Barca really start to panic, it wouldn't even surprise me if he started slagging the city/scouser's off etc.
It's the oldest trick in the book though, these comments are designed to p[iss] people off, they want people to react so they can ride the wave of outrage and indignation all the way to Barcelona.
What Phil's camp need to realise is that this club does not exist to make him or Barcelona happy, this club exists to win trophies and to make our own fans happy. If we sell our best players we are not acting in our best own interests it's as simple as that. Phil is blatantly thinking about what's good for himself and his own narrow self interest so he can't blame the club for doing exactly the same. He signed a contract in January and he can honour it, getting paid £150,000 a week to kick a bag of wind around a field is hardly purgatory.

+ 1
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:31 pm wrote:I suspect we'll hear all sorts of stuff coming out of Phil's camp as the end of the window approaches and Barca really start to panic, it wouldn't even surprise me if he started slagging the city/scouser's off etc.

very well put

cannot disagree with that
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:54 am

Phil turned to pure evil as soon as the agent and Barcelona media department became his mouthpiece. He was a nice guy before that.

F.uck Barcelona and the Agent. I'd be happy to see FSG make another strong statement by refusing all offers and let phil rot for a month or two then let him begrudgingly return to the ranks like a whimpering dog.

Coutinho is not half the wild animal Suarez was and we dealt with him.
killerp

Postby kartiek » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:28 pm

Phil is already training again. I'm not going to believe any leaks whatsoever. He was a bit petulant handing in a transfer request but I get that---it's hard to turn down Barcelona.

We should make it 100% clear to him in person that we will not sell. He will have a great year because of the World Cup. We will replace him by then and he can leave at 90 mil at that point
kartiek

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 pm

It's going to get very messy before deadline day this. We need him tho, the ungrateful sod was rotting at Inter Milan before we picked him up. Barca will be whispering in his ear telling him this is his one and only chance. Though as good as he is for us, is he really the player to push Barca to Madrid's level?
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:18 pm

They must think we are stupid beyond belief, Back injury my hole  :no The little fooker is either alienated over the request or just flat out won't play and its got nothing to do with any injury.
Part of me believes get what we can out of barca and then send him on his way. The only downside is that we will certainly not be replacing him like for like which is what kills me. It will be some dud from a lower side or a kid for the future. The ball is in our court so if they really want him we have to make sure we get the best deal for the club. If it needs be take a fortune and a decent player from them.

Disappointed with Phil in all this but I don't blame him entirely. Barca is a big lure but the timing is completely wrong. Was he waiting to see what our transfer business would be before he made a decision ? There was talk last December about this move so we nailed him to a new deal that only kicked in 6 weeks ago so the threat was always there. We knew he was a target for them so it was coming sooner or later. Suarez has been also banging on this 2 years about how he would love to link up with him there.
Thinking he would be our player for life was never going to happen and I can't help but feel we were naïve in all this by not already securing a replacement.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Him, Firmino, Salah and Mane would have ripped teams apart this season.
Coutinho with his creativity just adds another dimension to our attack. As much as in ***** off with him i have to admit i miss the little magician in our side.

Back injury lol what a load of rubbish. Let the little c'unt rot lets see how long he will continue to sulk.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:23 pm

Barca seem to be backtracking a little now, saying it's difficult because he doesn't have a release clause
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion