PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:18 pm

Pig Catcher » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:21 pm wrote:1. Barcelona get their pants pulled down by PSG unexpectedly who do a dodgy deal that allows them to get Neymar
2. Barcelona haven’t planned for Neymar’s exit so instead of having worked on something for months they have to cut to the chase and put an offer in for Phil having had indication from him that he wants to go (no surprise there)
3. We flat out refuse. We haven’t had time to manage his exit so won’t sell at any cost this window
4. Phil puts in a transfer request as he wants to leave
5. Barcelona put in another offer and again we flatly refuse
6. The window closes and Phil gets his head straight and has a big season and keeps his place in the Brazil team for the World Cup in the summer
7. Phil leaves for Barcelona and the club are able to manage the exit in a controlled way
8. The end

This happens to almost every club time and time again. It’s been predictable since Barcelona put in the first bid a couple of weeks ago.

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:20 pm

Staying or what?
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 pm

Going
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:37 pm

If he goes we may as well learn the rules of rugby or something because LFC won't be worth watching.
It will be 14/15 all over again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:38 pm

bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:57 pm

He's now saying he's not happy with the position he's being asked to play and he doesn't really get on with the manager which is pretty much word for word what Sterling said about Brendan when he engineered his move away.
Barcelona really are trying all the tricks in the book aren't they? Announcing blag unveilings etc and now this old chestnut.
If we give in to these tricks we may as well pack up, Suarez went as far as calling Brendan and FSG liars on Uruguayan radio but he soon knuckled down once the season started.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:00 pm

My gut tells me that Suarez is playing a big role in this saga.

Bottom line is he need to play this year for the World Cup so he won't sulk for too long and will give his all after the transfer window closes. In this case I think we play hardball and enjoy him for this year because he will definitely leave next year. As in Alonso and Suarez, convince him to give us one more great year and agree to sell him next, can't see prices going down.
Last edited by kazza on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:07 pm

kazza » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:00 pm wrote:My gut tells me that Suarez is playing a big role in this saga.

I'd laugh my t!ts off if we got Suarez back and a sack of cash for Coutinho  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:15 pm

If this is his attitude then he can go as far as I'm concerned. I'm so fed up if this window it's messed with my head all summer. I thought we'd have Keita and VVD signed and would be a genuine threat next year... now I feel we're not even as good as last year while teams around us are improving.

It's a complete mess started by the VVD saga.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:31 pm

kazza » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:00 pm wrote:My gut tells me that Suarez is playing a big role in this saga.

Bottom line is he need to play this year for the World Cup so he won't sulk for too long and will give his all after the transfer window closes. In this case I think we play hardball and enjoy him for this year because he will definitely leave next year. As in Alonso and Suarez, convince him to give us one more great year and agree to sell him next, can't see prices going down.

I don't see why we should agree to sell him next year mate, he signed a new deal in January which keeps him here until he's 30, we only spent £8m on him so if he wants to sulk away the best years of his career let him. If he was that bothered about going he should have insisted on a buy out clause in his contract.
What we can't do is allow another star player to engineer their way out, the club need to make a stand here, if we cave in to Barca (again) then we really are an embarrassment.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:39 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:15 pm wrote:If this is his attitude then he can go as far as I'm concerned. I'm so fed up if this window it's messed with my head all summer. I thought we'd have Keita and VVD signed and would be a genuine threat next year... now I feel we're not even as good as last year while teams around us are improving.

It's a complete mess started by the VVD saga.

That's what Barca's tactics are designed to do mate
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Does ANYONE know for def if he handed in a transfer request or not? F'kin nonsense this carry-on
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:41 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:07 pm wrote:

I'd laugh my t!ts off if we got Suarez back and a sack of cash for Coutinho  :laugh:

Suarez is the wrong side of 30 now, if you'd be expecting that 26/27 year old from 2013 to turn up you'd get a bit of a shock.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:44 pm

bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:39 pm wrote:Does ANYONE know for def if he handed in a transfer request or not? F'kin nonsense this carry-on

Yes, he did it by email, LFC received it at 1pm. Thanks to Sky the world and his dog knew it was coming before the club did, no doubt part of Barca's little scheme.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:46 pm

I think little phillipe owes us for plucking him out of obscurity when nobody at his former club believed in him. And that's very 2017 isnt it, handing in a transfer request via email.
Franky000

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion