PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:26 am

People forget that the same things (i.e inconsistent etc) were being levelled at Ronaldinho before he made the move to Barcelona from PSG. In fact Ronaldinho couldnt even get into the PSG side at one point because his form fluctuated so much but it didn't stop Barca buying him.
Playing in a side that's so much better than 90% of their domestic rivals gives flair players the ideal platform to showcase their skills, in Spain flair players don't get strong armed out of games like in the prem either.
Coutinho will look a lot better playing for Barcelona than he does for us because Barcelona will give him the ideal platform to perform from. They completely dominate games in a way we don't.
If he does go imo we have to sign Mahrez, Mahrez is very skilful himself and because he's a lot quicker than Phil he's better at going past players but Phil has better vision.
Having Mane and Mahrez as the two outside forwards in a narrow front 3 would give us the ability to get at any team.

Lallana

Mane.             Firmino.          Mahrez
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:46 pm

I do worry we'll lose him this summer.

His form is awful. Just injury or has his head been turned?

Neymar needs to stop kissing his @rse in the press too.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:07 pm

JC_81 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:46 pm wrote:I do worry we'll lose him this summer.

His form is awful. Just injury or has his head been turned?

Neymar needs to stop kissing his @rse in the press too.

DISCLAIMER . I want Coutinho to stay with us BUT !

Despite his undoubted skill maybe the Premiership is not the track this fella should be competing on. Like a Maserati, looks great on a flat firm surface but when the going gets sticky ?  we really need a 4x4.

Not overly worried if he moved on DEPENDING on what we signed as his replacement

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Couts when his on form his unplayable but like many said he can go missing at times. His little bit like Ozil.
I hope though he sticks it out with us but i just can't see it.
His been linked with Barca for a while now, eventually he will go there.
Rumours are Barca will also give us Rakitic.
Good experienced player but to be honest I'd rather keep Couts.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:29 pm

Coutinho is the club's biggest name in the squad at the moment. We need big name players and even when hes not at his best he's better than most players who will be available to us in the market. I'd keep him even if we were offered 100mill.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:33 am

aCe' » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:29 pm wrote:Coutinho is the club's biggest name in the squad at the moment. We need big name players and even when hes not at his best he's better than most players who will be available to us in the market. I'd keep him even if we were offered 100mill.

Normally I'd agree but we have to be realistic, if Barca or Real come in for one of your players and that player happens to be South American....they are as good as gone.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:43 am

Opposing teams set up to play against Coutinho and sometimes put two players on him so even off form he lets others get more space. Only really him and Mane (Wijnaldum also a little)  really play football the rest of the team are generally pressers, those two are the only ones that consistently hurt you with the ball So his value in the team cannot be understated.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:14 am

This is going to be a test of the owners resolve. I honestly believe that they were quite happy to get rid of crazy Luis because of the sh.it storm he had created. Couts is different. Model professional and a credit to the club. Some people, not that I agree, believe that Barca got Suarez on the cheap. If Couts is determined to go and Barca want him then we should be looking at a minimum of £100m. Pogba was £89m and Couts is better in my opinion.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:22 pm

I think after yesterday's showing he's just gone up 5 million.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:43 pm

I don't know what the story is with Phil and why he keeps getting subbed early. Would that be 5 in a row now ?  If its an injury that has been niggling him then why was he allowed to head off to brazil for the internationals.
Is it tactical and that Klopp see's him as a weak link when trying to shut up shop ?  He didn't look very happy heading down the tunnel anyway whatever is wrong with him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:26 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:43 pm wrote:I don't know what the story is with Phil and why he keeps getting subbed early. Would that be 5 in a row now ?  If its an injury that has been niggling him then why was he allowed to head off to brazil for the internationals.
Is it tactical and that Klopp see's him as a weak link when trying to shut up shop ?  He didn't look very happy heading down the tunnel anyway whatever is wrong with him.

Coutinho was subbed because he was sick, according to Klopp.

He then said: “Their second goal from a set-piece made me vomit.” :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue May 09, 2017 5:03 pm

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue May 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Coutinho still has a glass ceiling to break..He has failed to assert himself in way too many games for my liking..He is by far our most talented player but games like Southampton remind me he is no leader or an safe bet moving forward.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 09, 2017 6:32 pm

We will probably replace him with Salah or Demarai Grey
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 09, 2017 7:08 pm

only me » Tue May 09, 2017 5:26 pm wrote:Coutinho still has a glass ceiling to break..He has failed to assert himself in way too many games for my liking..He is by far our most talented player but games like Southampton remind me he is no leader or an safe bet moving forward.

This. He has the talent to play for a Barca but not the consistency. There is an argument that he may well do better with better players around him and in a league which is not as good out of the top 5/6 teams but I'm not sure that will fix his consistency issues. There's no hiding place at  place like Barca and if your not turning it on every other week, they can quickly get on your back.
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion