PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:25 pm

Whatever, it's getting a a bit tiresome this "will he, won't he leave" saga.

I'm going to get very drunk instead!! :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:37 pm

I doubt Barca wanted to sell Neymar and Man u didn't want to sell Ronaldo, it's really disappointing he is going especially in Jan but sometimes there is not much a club can do
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:41 pm

It's a rollercoaster being a Liverpool fan, and it's never a fun ride. We get the ultimate high of VVD looking magnificent on his debut to one day later losing our best player. I don't think we'll ever get a team of class players.. it's a case of one goes, one comes in.. and the cycle continues.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:49 pm

The club is becoming a joke, we will never compete for major honours if we continue in this manner. Losing couthino now is even worse than when we sold Suarez, Sterling and Torres, in the middle of the season when are supposedly trying to win 2 competitions and secure champions league qualification, absolutely pathetic and every body involved in letting it happen should be ashamed of themselves, would any of our rivals allow their best player to be sold mid season in the January sales??? Like hell they would, I am beyond fuming with this decision.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Fowler_E7 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:49 pm wrote:The club is becoming a joke, we will never compete for major honours if we continue in this manner. Losing couthino now is even worse than when we sold Suarez, Sterling and Torres, in the middle of the season when are supposedly trying to win 2 competitions and secure champions league qualification, absolutely pathetic and every body involved in letting it happen should be ashamed of themselves, would any of our rivals allow their best player to be sold mid season in the January sales??? Like hell they would, I am beyond fuming with this decision.

I'm with you pal.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:55 pm

Good luck to him no club should hold an employee against their will and its a £140m profit, near as damn it.

Rush left Souness left, players go to pursue other things, the trick is not to waste the money.

A goalkeeper would be my No1 target immediately and if we have to wait until summer to get Lemar then fine.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:58 pm

I don't mind him leaving, it's just the timing of it...
We are doomed this season I fear, and it could get worse if Mane or Salah get a long lay off, also.
:(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:11 pm

He's gone,time to move on and for ***** sake close this thread,I obviously cant speak for everyone but its becoming tiresome reading who is to blame for a departure we all knew was impending and lest we forget the ungrateful little c*nt was ruthless in the manner he exacted the move.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:25 pm

Footballs a cut throat industry everyone is out to grab as much money as they can.

Couthino has given us some fantastic years and we got a monumental profit, now he goes to what he sees as his career goal club. Everyone is happy with the deal and we should be.

I will only be disappointed if we dont invest the other £70m well, half already gone on Van Dijk. This is Liverpool under FSG.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:37 pm

I agree with RBG just shut the thread.

The insidious little toad got what his evil little heart desired. I really hope his leg snaps in half and never plays again. To the idiots, “wishing him well”, seriously go uppercut yourselfs you clueless lemmings. He f**ked us over in a way that none of our previous players ever have.

To be honest a little bit of my love for this club died today. And it has nothing to do with my disgust at FSG, Klopp or Coutinho. It’s the downright complicity of our own so called “supporters” in not wanting a change of ownership that I’m truly disappointed in. This should have been FSG’s final nail in the coffin.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:40 pm

We should have sold him last summer and invested this season in developing a stronger squad with a better spine. Timing doesnt make sense but as far as I'm concerned, we wont win the league or the CL this season. Our ambitions are top4 and perhaps a decent cup run.

If I had anything to do with transfers, I'd take that money and spend the next 3 weeks bringing in a top GK, LB, and DM. In the summer we can look at bringing in a top forward to truly make us competitive.

I understand the whole 'replace him with a marquee signing' argument and theres merit to it but I dont think this club will win a league or CL anytime soon with the likes of Mignolet, Moreno, and Henderson in the starting 11. Swap Coutinho for Mahrez, Lemar, and Insigne and it doesnt change that.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:48 pm

Theres a lot of dead wood that needs shipping out by Klopp as well: Migs, Moreno, hendo,Lovren  can etc. Target next season will be 4th place as well, unfortunately.
Replacing the magic midget is only the first step of a massive overhaul.
FSG had better dig deep for some major transfers.
We've no ambition.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion