Our next 5 games: Bgh, Evtn, WBA, Brn, Arsn

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:14 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion (A)
Everton (H)
West Bromwich Albion (H)
AFC Bournemouth (A)
Arsenal (A)

Between now and 22nd December we have a great chance to string some decent results and cement our place in the top 4. Bar Arsenal away, we have some very winnable games coming up on the league and I'm going to say that 12 points out of the next 5 is very realistic. In fact, I'm going for 13 out of a possible 15  :buttrock

And who knows, maybe we'll sign some defenders in January  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:18 pm

It could be a bit tricky to be honest.

Everton will have fat sam managing them and we all know what new boss syndrome does to clubs. Same with WBA they will have pardew.
However we should be winning those games but i feel they will be tough.

Arsenal away will be a killer one and it will be interesting to see if Klopp starts Ox.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:44 pm

Seven league games in December, expect different line ups and rotation by Klopp. Hard to say if we will win most of them, but if we win at least five, we could be as high as second come January.

I'm expecting the other top four sides  to drop a few points also. No way are man city going to win all of their games, I swear on it. We need to capitalise and go on a good winning run.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:26 am

7_Kewell » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:14 pm wrote:... and cement our place in the top 4..

I'm sorry mate but your topic sounds overall far too "negative". Your a "defeatist" saying we are only good enough to play for fourth place. We've been playing for 4th place for the last 20 Years!!
Our defence isn't the greatest, but our attack is probably the best in Europe. We haven't played that badly in most matches, we've created a lot of chances, we just haven't taken them. We've been threatening to whip teams for ages.

Yes milner, Hendo, Can, Moreno, Lovren, etc are not the best, but you compare our squad to man Utd or man city overall, then we are not far behind.  Name me the. "Superstars" in the man Utd and City squads!???
Do many of their players have the craft, ingenuity and flair of salah, Coutinho and Mane and Firminho etc.? I don't believe so.

On paper, we are as good as any of them.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:41 pm

All winnable games there. A lot is being made about all the games we have to play in December but its no different than any other year  :nod Last year we had 7 and this year its 8 because we have the last group match in the CL.
So what if the bitters have a new manager and the same with WBA, That factor alone shouldn't be enough to bridge the gap in quality. Get 12 points on the board and no way Arsenal will stop us from getting to 15. After that who knows.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Anyways, I wanna see sexy football :)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:50 am

The arsenal game should be the trickiest of our December fixtures. The rest we should win.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion