Yossi Benayoun
8%
Steven Gerrard
19%
Fernando Torres
2%

Total votes : 95

Postby roberto green » Mon May 04, 2009 10:11 am

So were coming to the end of the season and I personally think it's been a much improved season over all no matter what happens now and I think we are looking in good shape going into next season with the add on of a few quality players, but who has your player of this season been,I know who mine has been and that is Xabi Alonso our most consistent perfomer this season in my eyes.
roberto green

Postby loopyliverpool » Mon May 04, 2009 10:22 am

Has to be Gerrard! Just breathtakingly fantastic in everything he does. We are a different side when he's playing in full flow and no other player has the same impact. Alonso would get my second vote though, quality personified!
loopyliverpool

Postby Festy » Mon May 04, 2009 10:30 am

Close between Gerrard and Alonso for me. Gerrard 'is and ' will always be' great (even if he plays as a GK). He's a kop legend and can't be compared to anybody. Therefore I see his inclusion in this poll as a cotempt towards him. :D
Hence for the above reason my vote goes to Xabi for his vision, passing, movement, decision making and remarkable control of the midfield. He's like a new signing this season for me.  :buttrock

Xabi 'The Great'.  :bowdown
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon May 04, 2009 10:57 am

I know G & T get all the headlines, Carra gets the major scouse vote cuz of his undeniable die for the cause attitude an Lucas gets the best haircut of the season award, but if anyone can say we've had a better, more valuable player than Xabi this season then I guess they been watchin with dodgy glasses on. If anyone ever let his playin do the talkin this season it's Xabi, and no way can Rafa even allow a fleetin moment of thort bout releasin him in the close term.

He's been a revelation this year, back to his best, back to flashin the ball around with superb vision, accuracy and power. Him bein in the team in the form he's in allows Gerrard to do what he's been doin all season, and yes he's been an awesome asset too, but without Alonso our skippers game's a bit stifled. I think one big sign as to how important Xabi's been is how often he's been on the end of reckless tackles this season - how many red cards against players tacklin him? Yesterday was just another example of that, and long may it continue - just so long he dont get badly hurt (hope fat frank learns his lesson - you dont do our Xabi!!)

Anyone really think Gareth Barry cudda been in this list??
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Mon May 04, 2009 11:17 am

KennyisGod....still wrote:Anyone really think Gareth Barry cudda been in this list??

No fcukking way mate. Barry can never match Xabi's ability. He may be good but Xabi is awesome.  :buttrock
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Octsky » Mon May 04, 2009 12:15 pm

xavi been playing 30, 35, 40 yards passes with such accuracy that it is unbelievable. great season for him. i wish he played for us for life.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 04, 2009 12:51 pm

Its got to be Big Dirk. Will be our highest scorer this year and is the unglamourous engine room of the team. Another solid season - well done mate.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Yeah I agree. Stevie has been great this season, so has Xabi. The same can be said for Torres but after last season this season was always going to not match up to it. Kuyt though has really improved. He is scoring more goals, and is more influential in all our moves. How many goals is it this season 14 now? He deserves it.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 04, 2009 1:35 pm

bavlondon wrote:Yeah I agree. Stevie has been great this season, so has Xabi. The same can be said for Torres but after last season this season was always going to not match up to it. Kuyt though has really improved. He is scoring more goals, and is more influential in all our moves. How many goals is it this season 14 now? He deserves it.

You said it a lot more eloquently than me !
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon May 04, 2009 5:22 pm

Xabi all day long for me, To put in the perfomances that he has this season after being under the amount of pressure of wether we were selling him or he was staying speaks volumes for me. Hes a genius thats all
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon May 04, 2009 5:32 pm

Gerrard by a mile... I'm guessing many have voted Xabi because he's improved drastically on his form of the past couple of seasons which is fair enough but for me its a no brainer.. Gerrard, wouldnt be anywhere near where we are without him... been our most consistent player all season, our top scorer, and simply our best player in most of the games he's played so far... Alonso's a distant second with Kuyt not so far behind...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon May 04, 2009 5:38 pm

Steven Gerrard.

He's been absolutely brilliant this season.

But if you ask me who has improved, Alonso then.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Mon May 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Xabi day long. I have been saying it since the turn of the year. As much as Stevie and Fernando grab the headlines Xabi and Mascherano make the midfield tick.

Virtually everything coming from the back four comes through Xabi, with Javier the enforcer and all round terrier. Without Xabi Alonso we would play less expansive and more impatient football. Alonso is the string puller and his work alows Stevie to play that free role.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon May 04, 2009 6:04 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Xabi day long. I have been saying it since the turn of the year. As much as Stevie and Fernando grab the headlines Xabi and Mascherano make the midfield tick.

Virtually everything coming from the back four comes through Xabi, with Javier the enforcer and all round terrier. Without Xabi Alonso we would play less expansive and more impatient football. Alonso is the string puller and his work alows Stevie to play that free role.

surely every player on the pitch has his job and you can only judge their level of performance by what their roles imply they do... anyways.. no doubting Alonso has been immense for us but Gerrard for me is the most valuable player not only in Liverpool but probably in the league and English game as a whole atm...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Dont understand the support for Yossi who has only come good since the Madrid game. Maybe people have short memories.

Babel's going well......... :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion