NURI SAHIN- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:31 am

I don't think 7 games is enough if a player is giving 100% and there are signs of improvement.

In Sahin's case, despite his reputation, he showed very little and I think in games like against Everton it became very clear he wasn't up for the physical side of things.  It doesn't take very long to figure out someone's mindset and commitment.  I think that's the decision Rodgers took on Sahin and it was the right one.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:39 am

Players get used to the physical side - in fact far too many worry about the "physical side" - Xabi wasn't the greatest in terms of coping with the physical side when he arrived but he learned to deal with it.

Sahin played in Germany which isn't exactly "soft" and tailored his game alongside a DM.

He has more ability on the ball than both Henderson and Allen and alongside either Gerrard or Lucas in the middle could have provided a very good base.

Only have to look at his two goals to see the touch he has in his locker. We wasted his talents and its a shame.
Benny The Noon

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:59 am

Talent means nothing without desire to do well.  No balls.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Sahin is a much better player than Joe Allen if we had Gerrard, Sahin and a physical player like Diame or Sissoko in the center we would be a much better team in terms of possession and athletic ability and protection of the back four.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:19 am

Sahin is a player of genuine quality but he just looked physically so off the pace and showed no sign of improving despite training regularly and getting game time early on. He played deeper for us a few times but struggled off the ball. Too me he looked a little fat and that just won’t cut it I’m afraid. Good luck to him at Dortmund.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion