NEW STADIUM - All News + discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Homebooby » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:10 pm wrote:Surprised to read anything negative on this page, surely this is good news and signs that the owners have once again gauged the audience very well. I see nothing to complain about.

Especially interested in these comments:

I know a proposition of staying at Anfield has been looked at before, but fundamentally the difference is that for the first time ever all of the relevant parties are coming together for a common initiative and that common initiative is not for the needs of the football club but actually the needs of the community. The regeneration of Anfield is something that many residents and many people throughout the city have talked about and we all recognise the football club is an employer, a business, and a resident, to some extent, in this area. We all know and we all appreciate how much investment and regeneration is needed in the area so bringing together all of that plan and the vision of Mayor Anderson and Liverpool City Council and some of the other stakeholders, putting that vision into reality is what's helped us be a part of that. Liverpool's part in that is not just the consideration of staying at Anfield and the expansion, it's a whole bunch of other initiatives that we'll work together with the other stakeholders on, so it's that coming together on the bigger initiative that's allowed us to get to today.

There are two parts to that. One is we are a big employer in the area and what's great is that this opportunity, any expansion, would provide additional jobs in the area. But I think more so what today's announcement is really about is the club's part in the wider regeneration of the area. That initiative led by Mayor Anderson is really about improving people's lives in that area. It's about creating a better place to live, it's about creating better facilities in and around that area and we are just one part of that. I think we've demonstrated over many years we are a key anchor tenant in that community. We already create a lot of jobs, we feed a lot of businesses and contribute to that economy, and so it makes obvious sense that a bigger facility with more people coming, not just on a matchday but on a non-matchday, with better facilities, will all help contribute to the economy and the local economy in particular.

As I am not a scouser myself, I was curious what the local view is regarding these statements and how they are landing with the people impacted. If I remember from earlier discussions, the area surrounding the club is not that great, so I assume regeneration would be welcomed in general. I also assume that LFC will make sure that anyone needing to be moved out will be taken care of and 'upgraded'. Realise these are all assumptions and uninformed. Anyone who has a viewpoint or info on this I would love to hear as local opinions are really the only ones that matter here.

One last thing, I thought I saw mention of a new hotel too? Good for the community and travellers alike or no?

I wonder if this is a part of it?

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/represen ... ll-quarter
Thommo's perm

Postby The Hustler » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:32 pm

heimdall » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 pm wrote: how much are those properties worth anyway?

only about 30/40 Grand each. It is a very deprived area in need of regeneration.

it's just if the owners don't want the upheaval of moving, regardless of cash.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Homebooby » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:21 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:35 pm wrote:
Homebooby » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:10 pm wrote:Surprised to read anything negative on this page, surely this is good news and signs that the owners have once again gauged the audience very well. I see nothing to complain about.

Especially interested in these comments:

I know a proposition of staying at Anfield has been looked at before, but fundamentally the difference is that for the first time ever all of the relevant parties are coming together for a common initiative and that common initiative is not for the needs of the football club but actually the needs of the community. The regeneration of Anfield is something that many residents and many people throughout the city have talked about and we all recognise the football club is an employer, a business, and a resident, to some extent, in this area. We all know and we all appreciate how much investment and regeneration is needed in the area so bringing together all of that plan and the vision of Mayor Anderson and Liverpool City Council and some of the other stakeholders, putting that vision into reality is what's helped us be a part of that. Liverpool's part in that is not just the consideration of staying at Anfield and the expansion, it's a whole bunch of other initiatives that we'll work together with the other stakeholders on, so it's that coming together on the bigger initiative that's allowed us to get to today.

There are two parts to that. One is we are a big employer in the area and what's great is that this opportunity, any expansion, would provide additional jobs in the area. But I think more so what today's announcement is really about is the club's part in the wider regeneration of the area. That initiative led by Mayor Anderson is really about improving people's lives in that area. It's about creating a better place to live, it's about creating better facilities in and around that area and we are just one part of that. I think we've demonstrated over many years we are a key anchor tenant in that community. We already create a lot of jobs, we feed a lot of businesses and contribute to that economy, and so it makes obvious sense that a bigger facility with more people coming, not just on a matchday but on a non-matchday, with better facilities, will all help contribute to the economy and the local economy in particular.

As I am not a scouser myself, I was curious what the local view is regarding these statements and how they are landing with the people impacted. If I remember from earlier discussions, the area surrounding the club is not that great, so I assume regeneration would be welcomed in general. I also assume that LFC will make sure that anyone needing to be moved out will be taken care of and 'upgraded'. Realise these are all assumptions and uninformed. Anyone who has a viewpoint or info on this I would love to hear as local opinions are really the only ones that matter here.

One last thing, I thought I saw mention of a new hotel too? Good for the community and travellers alike or no?

I wonder if this is a part of it?

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/represen ... ll-quarter

Could well be. I think that each city needs to play to it's strengths and football and the attraction of the city around the world must be huge. Would be great to see the city benefiting in ways that perhaps can't be imagined at the moment. I have a feeling this is what is on the cards and in 10 years time a lot of people will be giving NESV the keys to the city.
Homebooby

Postby heimdall » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:26 pm

The Hustler » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:32 pm wrote:
heimdall » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 pm wrote: how much are those properties worth anyway?

only about 30/40 Grand each. It is a very deprived area in need of regeneration.

it's just if the owners don't want the upheaval of moving, regardless of cash.

Hmm, might be worth buying a few then selling them back to the club, for a small premium, I'm joking of course.  :devil:
heimdall

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Ann O'Bryne, while not much to look at, she really does have a great rack.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:00 pm

The Good Yank » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:56 pm wrote:Ann O'Bryne, while not much to look at, she really does have a great rack.

:laugh:
Benny The Noon

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:03 pm

:bump
from the mirror http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 0m-3447531

apparently we will submit plans in june and 1st phase of construction will be ready for the summer of 2016 raising the capacity to 53.000.
good news if true  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:15 pm

b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:32 pm

looks great and will be a HUGE step in the right direction. Clearly, we cannot expand the whole ground at the same time (we'd have no fans at the game) but doing it in phases will work wonders and not load up us up with 100s of millions of debt.

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:54 am

How much is this going to cost?
killerp

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:56 am

killerp » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:54 am wrote:How much is this going to cost?

I read 150 million
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:12 am

I read it was just under 59000 capacity?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:40 am

i'm a little underwhelmed to be honest...

58,000 capacity - great
developing anfield - great

overall design - blleeuurghh. its a fecking disproportionate monstrosity. and that ramp and platform thing?? hope thats just a first draft.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 am

andy_g » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:40 am wrote:i'm a little underwhelmed to be honest...

58,000 capacity - great
developing anfield - great

overall design - blleeuurghh. its a fecking disproportionate monstrosity. and that ramp and platform thing?? hope thats just a first draft.

I quite like it tbh, and don't forget to get us up to 58,000 the Anny road has to be rebuilt as well so it won't look quite so out of proportion.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion