NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:38 pm

John Henry 2010.

“I was not in favor of this deal prior to the meeting. I’m still not in favor. However, I am interested now in trying to ascertain if this is indeed a major opportunity that would indeed diversify and strengthen NESV.” “I don’t want to say this beyond this small group, but if we could acquire this (Liverpool Football Club) for the debt, I really feel like we would be stealing this franchise.”

“In some ways they really are in the dark ages — especially competitively. The best and brightest are not presently working on English soccer. But the English Premier League is bigger than the NFL, NASCAR, MLB and the NBA internationally. Only Formula One can begin to compare in viewership.“This could be a steal. Every buyer believes what potential Red Sox buyers believed — you have to build a new stadium. And they believe the stadium will cost more than £350m! That’s why there are no bidders. We would probably take the same approach we took to Fenway Park. But we’d be looking to limit investment in the facility to 8 figures. “If you go through all of the pictures and virtual tour of the stadium, I don’t see a need to move out yet … it could be reconfigured to add premium seating probably and losing some seats to that might make sense, but the real money here is internationally including the website.”

“Then how much is this worth if we recruit the best and the brightest to run the soccer operation?”

Says everything you need to know about his intentions of buying us in the first place.

This is from an interview Rodgers gave when he left.

“Well I think it is probably a little difficult at the moment. I didn’t have any problem working under one [a transfer committee],” Rodgers told beIN Sports, cited by the Mirror.

“The club needs to look at it and decide whether they want a business model or a winning model. A winning model would mean trying to get the best possible players that you can, at whatever age they are, it doesn’t matter.

“Some clubs will go into work and have that in mind. Others will think it is about buying a player, developing and improving them and then selling them on for a much greater fee, as opposed to getting the best possible player, irrelevant of his age, in order to win.

“This is the way it is going, some clubs operate with the model of football being a business and they will want to do the best they possibly can, but it will always be about getting a young player in, improving them and having a sale and value that is greater when they got them.

“Other clubs will be in the market to just buy the top talents, irrespective of what age they are, in order to look to win. I think the best clubs must get the balance between both [models].”

Are some of the posters on here actually gullible enough to believe any of this changed just because we signed Klopp.

I have never held back on what I think of these owners. They drown everything out in spin and excellent PR skills. This Club is the richest it ever has been and makes more money than it ever has but it still isn't enough to make us competitive and it never will be under these Owners who are only here for one thing and it isn't "trophies" despite what Mr Henry says.

"We are committed first and foremost to winning. We have a history of winning, and we want Liverpool supporters to know that this approach is what we intend to bring to this great club."
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:01 pm

Says everything you need to know about his intentions of buying us in the first place.

No, it explains WHY he bought the club, and he's up front and honest about it. Let's face it, every buy out of a business is because the new owner feels it's not maximising it's potential and could be run better. That's exactly what he thought to the extent of buying for the value of the debt would be a steal.

Put your donkey jacket back in the cupboard, there's no reason to light the brazier yet.  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:35 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:38 pm wrote:John Henry 2010.

“I was not in favor of this deal prior to the meeting. I’m still not in favor. However, I am interested now in trying to ascertain if this is indeed a major opportunity that would indeed diversify and strengthen NESV.” “I don’t want to say this beyond this small group, but if we could acquire this (Liverpool Football Club) for the debt, I really feel like we would be stealing this franchise.”

“In some ways they really are in the dark ages — especially competitively. The best and brightest are not presently working on English soccer. But the English Premier League is bigger than the NFL, NASCAR, MLB and the NBA internationally. Only Formula One can begin to compare in viewership.“This could be a steal. Every buyer believes what potential Red Sox buyers believed — you have to build a new stadium. And they believe the stadium will cost more than £350m! That’s why there are no bidders. We would probably take the same approach we took to Fenway Park. But we’d be looking to limit investment in the facility to 8 figures. “If you go through all of the pictures and virtual tour of the stadium, I don’t see a need to move out yet … it could be reconfigured to add premium seating probably and losing some seats to that might make sense, but the real money here is internationally including the website.”

“Then how much is this worth if we recruit the best and the brightest to run the soccer operation?”

This is from an interview Rodgers gave when he left.

“Well I think it is probably a little difficult at the moment. I didn’t have any problem working under one [a transfer committee],” Rodgers told beIN Sports, cited by the Mirror.

“The club needs to look at it and decide whether they want a business model or a winning model. A winning model would mean trying to get the best possible players that you can, at whatever age they are, it doesn’t matter.

“Some clubs will go into work and have that in mind. Others will think it is about buying a player, developing and improving them and then selling them on for a much greater fee, as opposed to getting the best possible player, irrelevant of his age, in order to win.

“This is the way it is going, some clubs operate with the model of football being a business and they will want to do the best they possibly can, but it will always be about getting a young player in, improving them and having a sale and value that is greater when they got them.

“Other clubs will be in the market to just buy the top talents, irrespective of what age they are, in order to look to win. I think the best clubs must get the balance between both [models].”

Are some of the posters on here actually gullible enough to believe any of this changed just because we signed Klopp.

I have never held back on what I think of these owners. They drown everything out in spin and excellent PR skills. This Club is the richest it ever has been and makes more money than it ever has but it still isn't enough to make us competitive and it never will be under these Owners who are only here for one thing and it isn't "trophies" despite what Mr Henry says.

"We are committed first and foremost to winning. We have a history of winning, and we want Liverpool supporters to know that this approach is what we intend to bring to this great club."
Attachments
ungug.jpg
ungug.jpg (37.58 KiB) Viewed 1931 times
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:08 pm

Reg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:01 pm wrote:Says everything you need to know about his intentions of buying us in the first place.

No, it explains WHY he bought the club, and he's up front and honest about it. Let's face it, every buy out of a business is because the new owner feels it's not maximising it's potential and could be run better. That's exactly what he thought to the extent of buying for the value of the debt would be a steal.

Put your donkey jacket back in the cupboard, there's no reason to light the brazier yet.  :laugh:

The point was Reg that he isn't here for the football or winning trophies. Those are the reasons most of us are. If your not you can always register here http://impactcapitalist.com/forums/

As for the rest of your post  :suspect: Really  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:15 pm

Shock, horror, FSG are businessmen. 

Let's all pretend they've invested nowt in clearing our debts, expanding Anfield, improving the local area and building a £50m new training complex. Let's all pretend they're H&G II  :Oo:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:15 pm

If they are here to make money and not win trophies they might as well be H&G II
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby only me » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:22 pm

eds » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:15 pm wrote:If they are here to make money and not win trophies they might as well be H&G II

You don't bring Klopp in order to not win trophies...I tend to think the issue is with Jurgen.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:01 pm

only me » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:22 pm wrote:
eds » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:15 pm wrote:If they are here to make money and not win trophies they might as well be H&G II

You don't bring Klopp in order to not win trophies...I tend to think the issue is with Jurgen.

What issue? The fact we have made progress every season he has been here?
Eagle

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:05 pm

Eagle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:01 pm wrote:

Mate, don't confuse the argument with facts, it ruins the hostile atmos  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:19 am

Here is some more of those "pesky facts" you guys keep harping on about:

Finishes under FSG

2010/11 - 6th
11/12 - 8th
12/13 - 7th
13/14 - 2nd
14/15 - 6th
15/16 - 8th
16/17 - 4th
17/18 - Most likely b/w 3rd to 5th

Doesn't look like progress to me, just looks like we our bouncing around like a yo-yo 

Quick back to the "but we are profitable" cave BATMAN.......  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:00 am

So far the owners have spent more than they have made on some extremely profitable player sales. Torres £50m, Suarez £65m and Coutinho £142m totalling £257m. Those 3 players cost approximately £52m. If FSG are as bad as some people claim (and let’s face it at the moment the whingemiester in chief is very much on his own) then surely they would have pocketed most of the £205m profit and bought some very cheap replacements. Alarming mistakes in the transfer market such as Carroll and Benteke to name but two are the key reasons for failure.

FSG are not perfect, no owners are but they are not solely responsible for some of the horrendous mistakes that have been made during their ownership. Klopp is extremely charming, extremely arrogant and more worrying extremely stubborn. He has made so many tactical errors that it is frightening. Just how many times have we been in strong winning positions only to throw it away and don’t try and convince me that the owners are at fault for that. The fragility of our defence at times has been pathetic and Klopp still hasn’t sorted it out. We are currently 18 points behind City and if we hadn’t binned a load of points against some awful teams the picture would be very different. Instead of worrying about debt and profitability and throwing child like insults at the owners worry more about Klopp’s shortcomings. There are numerous examples of his failings but let’s just remember that pathetic and disrespectful team selection against Everton and our equally pathetic team performance against Seville in the second half of the cup final. Winning 3-1 against the mighty Bournemouth and somehow managing to lose 4-3 !! And more recently winning 4-1 against City with some truly sensational attacking football and somehow nearly coming away with a draw !! I could go on but it is too depressing and the blame is not simply down to the owners.
Last edited by devaney on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:03 am

Eagle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:01 pm wrote:

Issue isn't doing our best in order to compete on all fronts... mainly due to poor team buildup and transfer policy..We should and could have been in a much better place..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:39 am

All Klopp can do is identify the players he wants and its up to the board to get them. Klopp doesn't negotiate with the clubs.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:45 am

But it's quite well documented that Klopp is happy to keep his power dry if he can't get the player he wants. He has said so many times himself. If you look at the last set of accounts, we only have 4mil in the bank and the 3rd highest wage bill in the league. So the board are making what money we have available. If there is an operational issue around transfers, then that's mainly at the feet of Klopp and the recruitment team, and this probably isn't the thread to discuss it.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:46 pm

Liverpool have recorded a £39m profit after tax despite £91m being spent on new players and infrastructure improvements including the redevelopment of the Main Stand at Anfield.

The club, which made a £21m loss for the year ending May 2016, benefited from a match day revenue increase of £12m to £74m as a result of increased hospitality sales in the first season's use of the new stand, but bank debt rose from £22m to £67m.

The current figures do not take into account last summer's combined spend of £80m on Mohamed Salah, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Andrew Robertson, or the January arrival of Virgil Van Dijk. The figures also do not include the £142m January sale of Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona.

Key Liverpool figures 2017
Revenue up £62m to £364m.

£39m profit (£21m loss in 2016).

£91m invested on players and infrastructure

Matchday revenue up £12m to £74m.

Media revenue up £30m to £154m (new TV deal).

Work to start on new £50m training in the summer.
"These results are approaching a year old. Further progress and reinvestments have continued to be made both on and off the pitch," said chief operating officer Andy Hughes.

"Our recent capital projects which include the Main Stand, the new retail store, the combined training ground and the new pitch at Anfield will be close to £200m which further demonstrates the commitment from this ownership.

"We continue to work up design, capacity and economic viability options for Anfield Road working with an architect to help with that process.

"This follows the same comprehensive process we followed with the Main Stand expansion."

The outlay on renovation includes plans for a revamped state-of-the-art training ground complex in Kirkby which will host first team players and the club's youth set-up.

The club's accounts show a £30m increase in media revenue from the first year of the new three-season Premier League broadcast deal, with commercial revenue also growing by £20m thanks to 12 new sponsorship partnerships.

On the pitch there appears to be a determination to continue to improve their player resources as the club looks to secure qualification for Champions League football for a second season running.

"Performance on the pitch and the reinvestment in our squad is always a priority and following the club's record signing last month we will look to invest again in the summer," added Hughes, referencing January's £75m acquisition of Van Dijk.

"Progress on and off the pitch is critical to the growth of this football club - we all want success and everything we're doing is geared toward fulfilling our football ambitions."
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion