NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:51 pm

parchpea » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:24 pm wrote:May help if the owners met with fans and went through many concerns they have about their ambition and commitment to the project.

Not unreasonable to arrange that and whilst protest does help to a degree you have to sustain it, not cave in when we tonk someone but stick to your guns.

Klop fronts it all up but frankly is just an FSG employee and he is clearly not prepared to throw them under the bus.

Protest what exactly?  We're in the last 16 of the CL and still in the top 4.  Long way to go this season and another top 4 finish will be success. At least for now.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:23 pm

What are our ambitions though? At the end of the season we have no trophies but a top 4 finish. Would that be classed as a successful year?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:27 pm

The same squad of players came very close to thrashing City and yet when we get beaten by the two teams at the bottom of the table the whinge committee blame the owners. We had more than enough talent available to beat the likes of Swansea and West Brom. We have a manager who is a one trick pony and he has absolutely no answer when it comes to teams that park the bus and counter attack. It has happened time and time again and it has fk all to do with the owners and you have to have the IQ of a brick not to appreciate that. Klopp gets paid £7.5m to sort these things out and he has failed miserably. He persists with Henderson as captain. No doubt he will start Moreno again now that he is fit. Klopp has a stubborn streak and it has cost us.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:56 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:23 pm wrote:What are our ambitions though? At the end of the season we have no trophies but a top 4 finish. Would that be classed as a successful year?

I hear what you're saying mate and perhaps success is the wrong word..but top 4 would be progress. And given the state of things when Klopp arrived, that progress shouldn't be taken for granted.

FSG aren't perfect. But they're not the devil incarnate that some make out them to be.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:15 pm

devaney » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:27 pm wrote:The same squad of players came very close to thrashing City and yet when we get beaten by the two teams at the bottom of the table the whinge committee blame the owners. We had more than enough talent available to beat the likes of Swansea and West Brom. We have a manager who is a one trick pony and he has absolutely no answer when it comes to teams that park the bus and counter attack. It has happened time and time again and it has fk all to do with the owners and you have to have the IQ of a brick not to appreciate that. Klopp gets paid £7.5m to sort these things out and he has failed miserably. He persists with Henderson as captain. No doubt he will start Moreno again now that he is fit. Klopp has a stubborn streak and it has cost us.

Klopp is not the type of manager that will go running for the chequebook at the first sign of trouble, he will work with what he's got and he won't throw his players or the owners under a bus to deflect blame from himself either unlike some managers I could mention.
He is an old school manager who believes a managers job is to take a bunch of average players and mould them into a very good team. In many ways he is cut from the same cloth as the likes of Shanks, Bob and Joe etc.
Unfortunately though it's not 1975 anymore, in the 70's you didn't have 24 hour rolling news sports channels, these days football is the new rock n roll where as back in the 70's rock n roll was still the new rock v roll.
The pressures on managers these days to get instant results is huge, De Boer barely had time to take his coat off at Palace before he was shown the door.
Jurgen has been here 5 windows and he has a net spend of -£30m, I don't care how good a manager you are, you are not going to be able to compete against the top clubs making a profit in the transfer market, this club needs to stop taking advantage of Jurgen's nature, just because he isn't naturally inclined to go running for the chequebook doesn't mean the club shouldn't give him the tools to do the job. This club needs to buy him the players he needs to compete. How can they take his best player off him and not replace him?
We won't get a better manager than Jurgen, our fans and our owners need to realise that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:47 pm

Nobody knows for sure whether FSG are behind the manager with funds for transfers etc. He's spent over 100m on Ox and VVD alone, so the money seems to be available.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:14 am

And in a blink of an eye, the FSG minions rise to protect their overlords 

How is Klopp responsible for us having won only one only 1 cup in eight years?  :laugh:

How is making the last 16 of the CL now credible "success"?  :laugh:  :laugh:

What does "wiping away our debt" and "financing our stadium extensions" have anything to do with why we support this club  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

Ok then, keep pulling that crank-shaft and delivering the excuses minions.......

Will just leave this up here for the Coutinho fallout to further sink in:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-owners-fsg-lambasted-transfer-14219591

You know these kunts are f**king us over when the guy that sold us to these duplicitous scumbags, starts opening his yap.
Last edited by eds on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:21 am

eds » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:14 am wrote:
What does "wiping away our debt" and "financing our stadium extensions" have anything to do with why we support this club  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

Quite a lot when you claimed that FSG were " tight-fisted, parasitic, cancerous scum have spent just £70million more than the previous pair of criminals that we had"....

But don't let that stop you from grinding your axe against our owners  :laugh:
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:26 am

You do realise they have done this to make more money out of us.

Wiping away debt means f**k all when they will eventually sell the club at much, much more than what they purchased it for.

Increasing our capacity, just allows them to collect more money, increasing their revenue and hence..............making more when they sell us.

BOTH have nothing to do with our success on the field. My points on them being cancerous, is because they are financially committed to making us more profitable NOT more successful on the field.

I'm sorry this bit of logic has to be properly explained to you though  :upside:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:31 am

eds » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:26 am wrote:You do realise they have done this to make more money out of us.

Wiping away debt means f**k all when they will eventually sell the club at much, much more than what they purchased it for.

Increasing our capacity, just allows them to collect more money, increasing their revenue and hence..............making more when they sell us.

BOTH have nothing to do with our success on the field. My points on them being cancerous, is because they are financially committed to making us more profitable NOT more successful on the field.

I'm sorry this bit of logic has to be properly explained to you though  :upside:

Logic? No I don't see much of that. I see just tears and bile lad, no logic. And a a big tantrum because you don't understand why LFC can't be run like Fifa 18.

You see no logic in us being run as a viable business.  And then in the next breath you compare them to the c**nts who nearly bankrupted our great club because that's exactly what they failed to do.  :laugh:

FSG aren't perfect. But they could be a whole lot worse. Bottom line is, nether of us know the score behind the scenes. I personally think Klopp is holding his cash until he gets the players he wants....while you seem to think FSG have locked it in a vault somewhere, never to be seen again.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:59 am

7_Kewell » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:31 am wrote:
eds » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:26 am wrote:You do realise they have done this to make more money out of us.

Logic? No I don't see much of that. I see just tears and bile lad, no logic. And a a big tantrum because you don't understand why LFC can't be run like Fifa 18.

You see no logic in us being run as a viable business.  And then in the next breath you compare them to the c**nts who nearly bankrupted our great club because that's exactly what they failed to do.  :laugh:

FSG aren't perfect. But they could be a whole lot worse. Bottom line is, nether of us know the score behind the scenes. I personally think Klopp is holding his cash until he gets the players he wants....while you seem to think FSG have locked it in a vault somewhere, never to be seen again.

I have held the same view on FSG for years now, so not sure what you mean by tantrum  :laugh:

Also you do understand that they could run as a perfectable profitable business, without us winning anything on the field, right?

They aren't locking away all their money in a vault like scrooge mcduck, they have a specific plan on how their money is to be used on players. Hence my break-down of their net spend during their tenure. This is what has allowed us to float between 2nd and 6th for so many years. A plan that has not been successful, nor ever will.....

I guess you are right, you don't see much logic in anything, because your blinded by the fact that you think I have some weird personal vendetta against them. Rather than the obvious, which is we have won f**k all in 8 years  :laugh:

eds

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:50 am

Ok, here's a simple point - I don't really think its a question because I equally don't think anyone knows the answer.

"Wipe away our debt" and "financing our stadium extensions" .  Ok lets assume that puts us at zero debt.

Manchester United has highest net debt of any football club in the world, new Uefa report shows

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/manch ... 23761.html   and that was 12 months ago before their last purchases (no sales of note to offset).

So if they're at 600 million now and we're at zero, why are the 2 business plans so different and what have ManU achieved whilst racking up such a big debt?

No we haven't won anything but considering we've got 600 million less debt and are 3 points off 2nd place, FSG and Klopp have done a pretty good job haven't they?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:04 am

But Reg, this would only be pertinent if Manchester United goes t.it.s up tomorrow, or in the likely future.

Due to their size, they simply won't.

I'm not sure what this obsession is with debt and the "stress" you all personally experience in accruing it.

It's like you have all been brainwashed that we support a business. We aren't shareholders expecting financial returns.

I personally couldn't give a rats about how profitable we are and I don't buy this nonsense that we have to run our ship like we do under FSG.

I have been on this forum since 2005 and remember reading people posting that Chelsea would be dead after Roman left, he hasn't, they have won s**t load of trophies in those 15 years. The same thing was said about the Sheiks and City, they aren't going away and will win a lot more trophies. United keep's growing an astronomical amount of debt, but at the same time are still one of the richest clubs on the planet and remain competitive.

The reality is that is who FSG is competing with (on the football field). We need to stop using profitability as an excuse for under-performing on the field, if FSG can't compete with the big boys and want to constantly buy under 25yos and sell on if they become world class, we need to tell them to f**k off.

I don't know what that is so hard for you to all understand this?

eds

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:08 am

I guess because H&G nearly broke the club....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:33 am

But they didn’t.

And we are here almost a decade later using it to justify how poor FSG have been.

And continue to give them a pass.

eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion