NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:50 pm

It's not the worst set up mate we've got Milner who can replace Couts.

Anyhow your right its just turning out to be a joke now.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:12 am

More pressure being applied on social media today fans disillusioned with the FSG project and lack of investment and ambition.

If they dont bring 3-4 top players in before window shuts I can see the heat on FSG gathering momentum.

Watford spent more than us this window so far.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:43 am

Well, I said all along I despise american owners, but even I am surprised how inept they have been this year.
No signings in January when it was obvious we needed help with Mane and Matip away. And now 1 signing in the whole summer even after we got top 4.
This is what happens when the owners are only looking for 1 thing with no emotional or personal strings attached. The net spend over their tenure has been pathetic, especially considering how much the
tv and sponsorship deals have grown over the past few years.
As always with americans, they love to talk the talk, but never walk the walk.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:42 pm

I just feel compelled to post..

I try to support the owners and Manager of LFC to the hilt..

However FSG are beyond inept. Its now 7 years into their tenure and we have pretty much stood still..
I know they pulled us out of the brown stuff but they also said they would  be able to compete with anyone financially...really?

It is high time they sold up and got out..LFC are destined to mediocrity under their ownership. We need to wake up to this fact and sharpish. The only way we will ever win this league is with owners who have far deeper pockets- sad but true.

They came here confident that FFP would make their day- it's never going to happen in the real world.

One trophy in seven years and two top 4 finishes Average position just on 6th..... nuff said.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:13 pm

They are no better the pieces of sh.it we had as our previous owners. The only difference is that these parasites have been smart enough to have pulled the wool over the eyes of a number of supporters since they arrived. They would have been laughing seeing these same supporters defend their intentions as they haven't  given a flying f.uc.k about this club being competitive.

Only now 7 years later with nothing to show is everyone finally waking up to the nightmare that is FSG. I can only hope they sell up and not dig in their heels when the eventual supporter revolt happens. Otherwise it's going to be very very hard removing more scum from our club.

The Coutinho sale over the next few days will be the last few nails in their coffin. Not signing anymore players before the end of August will be their last nail.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:28 pm

Penguins & electrum, I understand what you are saying lads but I do think FSG have improved over the last couple of years.
They recruited Jurgen (which was a real coup), built a magnificent new main stand and if tonight's Echo is to be believed they are refusing to kowtow to Barca as well.
I know lack of signings is an issue but that may well be down to Jurgen, let's not forget that it was only last year where he berated modern managers for running for their chequebooks instead of trying to improve the players already at their disposal. He actually said anyone can buy a player but it takes a skilled manager to improve them.
To be fair to FSG as well they have broken the club's transfer record this summer signing Salah so it's not as if they haven't done anything.
Let's see what happens over the next couple of weeks.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:34 pm

eds » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:13 pm wrote:They are no better the pieces of sh.it we had as our previous owners. The only difference is that these parasites have been smart enough to have pulled the wool over the eyes of a number of supporters since they arrived. They would have been laughing seeing these same supporters defend their intentions as they haven't  given a flying f.uc.k about this club being competitive.

Only now 7 years later with nothing to show is everyone finally waking up to the nightmare that is FSG. I can only hope they sell up and not dig in their heels when the eventual supporter revolt happens. Otherwise it's going to be very very hard removing more scum from our club.

The Coutinho sale over the next few days will be the last few nails in their coffin. Not signing anymore players before the end of August will be their last nail.

I know I'll never convince you mate  :D
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:28 pm wrote:Penguins & electrum, I understand what you are saying lads but I do think FSG have improved over the last couple of years.
They recruited Jurgen (which was a real coup), built a magnificent new main stand and if tonight's Echo is to be believed they are refusing to kowtow to Barca as well.
I know lack of signings is an issue but that may well be down to Jurgen, let's not forget that it was only last year where he berated modern managers for running for their chequebooks instead of trying to improve the players already at their disposal. He actually said anyone can buy a player but it takes a skilled manager to improve them.
To be fair to FSG as well they have broken the club's transfer record this summer signing Salah so it's not as if they haven't done anything.

Broke the transfer record alright, but we're running to standstill.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:28 pm wrote:Penguins & electrum, I understand what you are saying lads but I do think FSG have improved over the last couple of years.

Yakka that's probably the worst glossing over that I have seen from you in a while. They really had no choice but to try and get in Klopp. Any other manager worth his salt would not have touched us with a 100 foot pole.

The stand was built to purely increase revenue and as such add more $$$ to when they eventually sell. That's actually what they are good at making money but as we have all seen you can do that without necessary success on the field. Which is the reason we support this club.

We all know that bringing in Salah is nowhere near good enough to what needed to be done over the summer. The fact that VVD is only a day or two from signing with Chelsea highlights the inepititude of the operation they are running. The whole Keita saga was all smoke and mirrors to make all fans feel like we want to spend money when in reality we are frugal as fu.ck.

I honesty cant see them surviving beyond this season if we have an early departure from Europe and finish 6th or 7th again. Your one of the most sensible posters on this forum and need to realize the cold hard reality that is FSG. Their time is simply up.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby only me » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:01 pm

FSG are a decent bunch and ill have them over any of those greedy Shieke ***** or Chelskis of the world which destroy the joy of football...Klopp is one of the top 5 managers in the world and he would have never have come less he was challenged to succeed..VVD and Keita are real so stop talking out of your a$$..I hardly beleive it was FSG stopping their shinning..wake the fck up their isn't a line of volunteers waiting to pick us up and if its another limitless oil well then no thank you.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:32 pm

only me » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:01 pm wrote:FSG are a decent bunch and ill have them over any of those greedy Shieke ***** or Chelskis of the world which destroy the joy of football...Klopp is one of the top 5 managers in the world and he would have never have come less he was challenged to succeed..VVD and Keita are real so stop talking out of your a$$..I hardly beleive it was FSG stopping their shinning..wake the fck up their isn't a line of volunteers waiting to pick us up and if its another limitless oil well then no thank you.

I will catch you up to what the rest of us are talking about.

No one in this forum is advocating wasting the stupid money that City, Chelsea or Manure are spending.

It's a completely pathetic excuse to justify mediocrity and pretty much the mindset of a small club which you continue sprouting and which none of us want, except you  :no

It was quiet clear that we needed to fill in a CB, CM and potentially GK. Three key roles requiring potentially a total outlay of 70-90m. We aren't talking about oil money here. The over inflated figures for VVD and Keita are just distractions. Our club led by these owners have failed spectacularly yet again in strengthening. The same thing this club (under these owners) has done for the LAST 7 YEARS!

I'm glad you understand Klopp's worth though. He is the only thing keeping us from slipping into mid table oblivion, and hopefully you are smart enough to realise that if Coutinho is sold without a valid replacement Klopp will most likely walk at the end of this season.

eds

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:07 pm

only me » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:01 pm wrote:FSG are a decent bunch and ill have them over any of those greedy Shieke ***** or Chelskis of the world which destroy the joy of football...Klopp is one of the top 5 managers in the world and he would have never have come less he was challenged to succeed..VVD and Keita are real so stop talking out of your a$$..I hardly beleive it was FSG stopping their shinning..wake the fck up their isn't a line of volunteers waiting to pick us up and if its another limitless oil well then no thank you.

Why is the Sheiks and Chelsea greedy ?  Just asking because they pump vast amounts of their own money into their investments whereas FSG won't. 
What destroys the joy of football is watching your team just making up the numbers or trying to "win" 4th. I know a few Chelsea and City fans who get plenty of joy from watching football. Maybe they are all crazy and cant see the bigger picture  :;):
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:09 am

bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:05 pm wrote:

Broke the transfer record alright, but we're running to standstill.

Our transfer record was broken with 36.9 mil pounds for Salah. Considering others are spending 70-80 million pounds on single players, our transfer record is not saying much...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Raven » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:42 am

Ive been away from the board for along time, but i had to come here to give my 2p worth.

The board have played a total blinder so far. So they got grief last season for not putting the money up to help klopp, even in Jan when we needed it most. SO they promise the summer will be BIG. VVD, 50m? and Nabby 60? bids rejected tapping up and so on.......so we are to believe we have in excess of 100m? to spend? Now we are told that klopp has deemed that no one......no one.......is good enough but those two players and if we cant get them them we dont get anyone.

So now we have little phil who will push his move though, to the tune of 100m so now we have 200m. So here comes the "to late in the window to replace him" excuses

In short we get hoodwinked into thinking FSG tried to spend but just couldnt. While they walk away with a cool 200m saved. This is without offloading some dead wood to balance the money spent on MO and Robertson 

Purely my take. I hope im wrong and things change but with the window looming and phils "back pain" i dont see it.
The Raven

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:45 am

johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion