NABIL FEKIR

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:41 am

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:46 pm wrote:Barring a serious medical problem, I can still see this deal happening before August, there could be more to the situation than we are aware.

I'm sure there will be more talks with Lyon during the world cup and we'll try to structure the deal in a way that provides us with some protection. And at the same time we'll be putting feelers out with alternative options.
Eagle

Postby supersub » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Fekir's knee is a mess...one more injury to the same knee and his career is over...Liverpool will not take any risk at any price...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:50 pm

supersub » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:04 am wrote:Fekir's knee is a mess...one more injury to the same knee and his career is over...Liverpool will not take any risk at any price...

It doesn't sound great TBH and it seems to be going one way. An ACL would end your career 30 years ago. Medical science has come a long way since then but it's still one of the worst injuries you can get as a footballer. No one can really be sure of our position without having access to the scans and having medical knowledge. Last time we took a risk on a player with an injury was Aquilani and that didn't turn out too well.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:55 pm

supersub » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:04 am wrote:Fekir's knee is a mess...one more injury to the same knee and his career is over...Liverpool will not take any risk at any price...

If that is what it is then we can't take the risk. It is a shame because I really thought he would be great addition but let another club pay 50 million for that risk. As it happened we were right to cancel the Loic Remy deal as the player fell off the radar so we have to trust the club to make the best decisions. Nice to know we now go for it yet are still confident enough to walk away if we don't like what we see.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:10 pm

supersub » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:04 pm wrote:Fekir's knee is a mess...one more injury to the same knee and his career is over...Liverpool will not take any risk at any price...

.. Your source of this information matey!?

I think there is a lot of rumours going around on forums like Rawk and YouTube etc.

Fekir is 24. I doubt his knees are fcked.

Let's just see how he does in the world cup starting tomorrow, if he keeps coming off after sixty mins in agony saying his knee is fcked then I will believe you. If he lasts ninety minutes every match then you have to question this rumour.

It's probably down to money, why this deal has stalled. I'm certain.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:10 pm wrote:
supersub » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:04 pm wrote:Fekir's knee is a mess...one more injury to the same knee and his career is over...Liverpool will not take any risk at any price...

I think there is a lot of rumours going around on forums like Rawk and YouTube etc.

Let's just see how he does in the world cup starting tomorrow, if he keeps coming off after sixty mins in agony saying his knee is fcked then I will believe you. If he lasts ninety minutes every match then you have to question this rumour.

He doesn't start for France. Mbappe, Griezmann and Dembele are starting 3 more often than not.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:10 am

Eagle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:37 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:10 pm wrote:

He doesn't start for France. Mbappe, Griezmann and Dembele are starting 3 more often than not.

Apparently he wouldn't have even made the squad if Payet was fit as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Didnt do his starting chances any good with his cameo today, poor really.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:45 pm

He's abit too slow for the front 3 abit like Coutinho was. Didn't do too much though along with every French player to be fair. He did tend to over dribble the ball when he did have the ball though.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:05 pm

the whole france team didnt play well , i dont know what Deschamps is doing there , so much potential just wasted  :no
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_indian » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:37 pm

This is on Sky Sports at the bottom of a Fekir story:
Fekir's agent Jean-Pierre Bernes was asked on French TV channel LCI on Monday night why his client didn't join Liverpool, to which he replied: "He didn't sign because um... it is not over! This is not the end of the story."
red_indian

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:03 pm

I think we will still get this player, and I think it's down to money. Their president is a bit of a cnut and said he wanted to sell him after the world cup preferably, to "go into next years financial accounts", he has been quoted as saying.

Remember the VVD deal? It looked off wen Southampton were going to report us to the FA but we still got him.
:buttrock
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:23 pm

If his knee is really shattered as everybody makes it sound then should we really still be after him?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:17 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:37 pm

damjan193 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:23 pm wrote:If his knee is really shattered as everybody makes it sound then should we really still be after him?

Would he be included in the French squad if his knee was shattered etc!?

He would not be passed medically fit.

And he scored 22 goals last season. Not bad for a player with only one knee!
:eyebrow
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion