MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:34 am

He isn’t a clinical finisher but he’s going to end up with a very healthy goal tally as he keeps making runs into goal scoring positions and ending up on the end of moves. Could be our "fox in the box". Some good very good work in the build-up play yesterday and tonnes of pressing.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:58 am

His running off the ball is his best asset but can be more clinical in front of goal. His movement and good positional play will get him many chances and create more chances for others so I would say he definitely improves the team and was a good buy. I still don't think he is equipped enough to play on the right though but Mane is looking good on the left.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:43 pm

He's so quick on capitalising on small openings.. I noticed alot of his goals for Roma was from getting on end of deflections or rebounds. He needs to run at players abit more but I think that will come with confidence.. either way he's a threat just with his running off of the ball.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:25 pm

I'm still waiting for the fella to really impress me   :(

Against Hoffenheim I'm not sure if he ever won a challenge and his passing was way less than average.

He may be a "speed merchant" but he's gotta do a lot more than just outpace the oppo.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:34 pm

He's missing a lot of chances if he has to think about it. If it's his first touch, it seems much more likely to go in. He needs to build a little bit of confidence when he's on the ball. I think either way he scores a lot for us, even if they're just tap-ins. Remember Berbatov scored over 30 PL goals for united and never even looked that good. He had 5 goals in one game from a total of about 12 yards away from the goal. We haven't had a player like that for a long time, but it'll bring extra goals.

One thing I've noticed that is concerning is that he seems to have 2 speeds. When he doesn't have to worry about the ball, he's as fast as anybody. When he dribbles, he's not very quick.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:26 pm

ethanr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:34 pm wrote:He's missing a lot of chances if he has to think about it. If it's his first touch, it seems much more likely to go in. He needs to build a little bit of confidence when he's on the ball. I think either way he scores a lot for us, even if they're just tap-ins. Remember Berbatov scored over 30 PL goals for united and never even looked that good. He had 5 goals in one game from a total of about 12 yards away from the goal. We haven't had a player like that for a long time, but it'll bring extra goals.

One thing I've noticed that is concerning is that he seems to have 2 speeds. When he doesn't have to worry about the ball, he's as fast as anybody. When he dribbles, he's not very quick.

Good comment about the 2 speeds. He's not a great dribbler and that for me is the biggest disappointment given expectations prior to him signing. His runs off the ball have been decent and like you said, he'll score his fair share of goals without needing to look impressive. Not quite sure why the Berbatov comment was there. Berbatov was one of the most technically gifted players in the league and if he had the workrate of a Kuyt or Firmino he would have been one of the better players the league has seen.

Either way, it's not necessarily a priority but I'd rather see Salah come off the bench and have a proper left wide player come into the side with Mane moving back to the right. If Coutinho stays, I'd want us to play him down the left with Lallana down the middle and Mane on the right; Salah on the bench.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:58 am

Definitely seeing signs of improvement, but he needs to learn to shoot with his right foot as its embarrassing that he cant. Every professional player should be able to kick with both feet, especially if the want to become great players.
Thommo's perm

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:53 pm

Salah should start every game at the moment. He presses, works his butt off to help the fullback, then has the energy to run in behind on the counter. He has brilliant positional sense and is very rarely out of position. Should have scored today though with that ball across from Can.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby mramo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:57 pm

But he did score today unless you switched off midway through the 2nd half?
mramo

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:11 pm

In todays market the £34m we paid for Salah seems a steal at this point.

Front 3 today day for under £100m the price of one in this market.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:34 pm

mramo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:57 pm wrote:But he did score today unless you switched off midway through the 2nd half?

Yeah I wrote the comment at half time matey.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:37 pm

Missed a sitter with his right foot, again...
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:22 am

He impressed me today, starting to look like he's worth the money we paid for him.

BUT, I'm not forgetting that he missed TWO absolute sitters  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:48 pm

He needs to have a serious word with himself (or someone else does) for his absolute Fu*king wastefulness in front of goal. As magnificent as he was in front of goal against arsenal he was the exact opposite today. I'm still fuming at his sh'it effort when he was through and passed the ball back to their goalie! Slot the thing for fu'cks sake!!!
:angry:
Thommo's perm

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Yup Salah is not the best with 1 on 1. He does miss a lot of chances which can screw us up at times.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion