MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Never mind Coutinho, we'll have trouble hanging onto salah also over the next season or two, if he keeps this level of performance up.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:48 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:40 pm wrote:Never mind Coutinho, we'll have trouble hanging onto salah also over the next season or two, if he keeps this level of performance up.

I genuinely don't think we will. He doesn't fit the profile of a Madrid player and half a season (or even a full one like this) isn't enough to persuade them to part with what we'd demand for him.

We'll have him for at least another 3 seasons. Easy.

Went to Chelsea, didn't get a game, went to Fiorentina on loan and Roma. He's been a journeyman, he's at a club where he's playing week in week out and getting the best out of him. He'll stick around.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:11 pm

Klopptomaniac » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:48 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:40 pm wrote:Never mind Coutinho, we'll have trouble hanging onto salah also over the next season or two, if he keeps this level of performance up.

I genuinely don't think we will. He doesn't fit the profile of a Madrid player and half a season (or even a full one like this) isn't enough to persuade them to part with what we'd demand for him.

Went to Chelsea, didn't get a game, went to Fiorentina on loan and Roma. He's been a journeyman, he's at a club where he's playing week in week out and getting the best out of him. He'll stick around.

Hope you're right mate.

He certainly seems to be at home at LFC and hopefully he'll want to become a legend here.  Something that didn't seem to interest the likes of Suarez, Torres or...Coutinho  :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:10 pm

He reminds of of Arjen Roben when he was at his peak, very similar style of play.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:27 am

http://www.espnfc.com.au/liverpool/story/3317071/liverpool-may-fly-mane-salah-to-caf-awards-day-before-everton-tie-source

Don't understand why we should be letting them fly.

Our focus is to win trophies, not let our players attend tin-pot plastic ceremonies half-way across the world.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:25 am

Klopptomaniac » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:48 pm wrote:

Listen, Why do you think Barcelona have got Coutinho on their radar!?  Couts didn't really start playing well in a red shirt until Stephen Gerrard left.
If Salah Continues like this, he will attract attention from big clubs.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:28 am

7_Kewell » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:11 pm wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:48 pm wrote:

Hope you're right mate.

He certainly seems to be at home at LFC and hopefully he'll want to become a legend here.  Something that didn't seem to interest the likes of Suarez, Torres or...Coutinho  :(

This is what I'm thinking also. We seem to be a selling club these days. Suarez, Torres and it seems Couts, doesn't want to be here either.

It defeats the object if Klopp wants to build something big here over the next few years., by selling our best players.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:44 am

Ghost of Shankly » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:25 am wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:48 pm wrote:

Listen, Why do you think Barcelona have got Coutinho on their radar!?  Couts didn't really start playing well in a red shirt until Stephen Gerrard left.
If Salah Continues like this, he will attract attention from big clubs.

That is why we need more muscle in the market get quality players and create a trophy wining, title competing team.

Players have ambition to win things and sadly with us it doesn't happen.

Next couple of windows we must not screw up.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:27 am

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:30 am

The way he squared the ball to Firminho for the fourth goal today shows the character and vision of the player. Mane should take note
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:10 am

I wanted him to get on the scoresheet :D wheb Salah goes a game without scoring it don't feel right :D.

I think Kane will win Epl scorer he has overtaken Salah now. I think he is on 18 thanks to his  hatrick.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:47 am

Salah apparently out for two weeks.  :(

He will miss todays match v Burnley and along with Mane he will miss the FA Cup match against Everton , he and Mane will be attending the African Player of the Year awards in Ghana later this week.

Salah "Might" be fit for Man City game.

Great end to 2017 but not the best beginning to 2018  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:26 pm

There is always a risk he may pick up an injury, he's been playing out of his skin. Hopefully it won't be too long.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:41 pm

He could do with the rest, and a couple of weeks isn't a disaster when Lallana and Mane are fit. Hopefully he'll be back for the city match.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Hoping he will be back in contention for the City match. I assume he would missed today anyway and probably would have featured in the Everton match.
Well at least it's only 2 weeks and not longer.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion