MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:24 pm

redshade » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:11 pm wrote:"Mohamed Salah became the first Liverpool player to score 20 goals before Christmas since Ian Rush in 1986-87."

To be fair we've had some terrific goalscorers in that time as well (Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez, Sturridge etc etc), just shows you how well Mo is doing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:05 pm

I remember how underwhelmed I was when we were linked with paying 35m for him. I'm never going to pre-judge a player before they've walked through the door again.

Not worried about him and a bit mystified at the fears of losing him already. He doesn't fit the profile of a Madrid player so I don't take Zidane's words as an indication of an incoming bid. He's doing great yes, but remember he's only been here 5 months, he's got years left in an LFC shirt.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:37 pm

Klopptomaniac » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:05 pm wrote:I remember how underwhelmed I was when we were linked with paying 35m for him. I'm never going to pre-judge a player before they've walked through the door again.

Not worried about him and a bit mystified at the fears of losing him already. He doesn't fit the profile of a Madrid player so I don't take Zidane's words as an indication of an incoming bid. He's doing great yes, but remember he's only been here 5 months, he's got years left in an LFC shirt.

Yeah me too, I thought he'd be a good addition to the squad but I also thought we were well overpaying for someone who might not get in the starting XI if everyone else was fit. These days though he's probably the first name on the team sheet
:blush:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:57 pm

We should thank whoever it was that pressured Klopp into buying him. Seemed like Klopp didn't really fancy Salah because didn't feel he would fit in the league.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Salah.html
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:34 am

Imagine if Cheatski had kept Salah and De Bruyne in their side  :upside:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:57 am

He just keeps delivering  :bowdown 
I don't think we should be worried about him leaving just yet but he is the type of player who wants to win stuff. We are going to need to start challenging if we want to hold on to top players.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:50 am

He has completely overshadowed Mane. Now you dont really hear about Mane anymore...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:47 am

maguskwt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:50 am wrote:He has completely overshadowed Mane. Now you dont really hear about Mane anymore...

Thats what has surprised me the most i didn't think we would have a better agile player than Mane.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:56 am

red till i die!! » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:57 am wrote:He just keeps delivering  :bowdown 
I don't think we should be worried about him leaving just yet but he is the type of player who wants to win stuff. We are going to need to start challenging if we want to hold on to top players.

That is why i really want us to take the cups seriously and win a trophy.

If we get the right players we can challenge for the league but to be honest for a few years i can't see anyone other than City wining it.

They've got a good manager who can use the cheque book well. I feel City will dominate for a few years now.

I hope we do have a good crack at the FA cup and give the champions league a solid shot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:04 am

maguskwt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:50 am wrote:He has completely overshadowed Mane. Now you dont really hear about Mane anymore...

I hope this does not turn into a proper beef between players, like not passing the ball when a team mate is open on goal!!!
killerp

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:28 am

Dunno if anyone caught five live last night but they were talking about the Liverpool front 4 which lead to a discussion about Mo in particular.

Someone from Egypt sent in a tweet highlighting the impact that Salah has had on the country itself. He said when Liverpool play absolutely everyone in Egypt watches Liverpool to watch Mo play, he said they forget about the Islamic issues over there and the problems in the country and everything for 2 hours while Liverpool play - it pretty heavy stuff actually.

Seems he has some weight on his shoulders and he's certainly not doing the profile of our club any harm in the process.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Rumours going around today that RM will be in for Mo in Jan, RM and Barca should just feck off and leave our players alone
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Klopptomaniac » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:28 am wrote:Dunno if anyone caught five live last night but they were talking about the Liverpool front 4 which lead to a discussion about Mo in particular.

Someone from Egypt sent in a tweet highlighting the impact that Salah has had on the country itself. He said when Liverpool play absolutely everyone in Egypt watches Liverpool to watch Mo play, he said they forget about the Islamic issues over there and the problems in the country and everything for 2 hours while Liverpool play - it pretty heavy stuff actually.

Seems he has some weight on his shoulders and he's certainly not doing the profile of our club any harm in the process.

The owners should bear that in mind when Real Madrid come knocking next month.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:50 pm

No way would we even consider entertaining Madrid over a player we just signed  :no  There would be total uproar and the end result would be FSG having to go. Not saying they won't sell him eventually just that they wouldn't try it now.
We finally have a few players that can bring us places and we need to keep hold of them if we want to get there. Selling our best player every 2 years isn't the way to do it. Players want to win and Salah is one of those but he won't hang around if our ambition is to just make top 4 every year. That is as big a threat to us as Real or Barca stealing our players.  You don't see them taking who they want from any of the manure sides or Chelsea and it isn't down to money.
We treat players like cattle. Buy them young and cheap and sell them on when they have matured and it won't change. Torres was first, then Suarez, Sterling and now Coutinho. After that its on to Mane and Salah. We then gamble on youth again but as soon as one of those show a bit of promise we end up back in the same boat.
We have been looking for top players for years and all we end up with is lesser lights and excuses. It won't be any different either with the Coutinho money and notions of him being replaced with someone like Lemar or Kovacic isn't going to happen. We don't replace like for like  :no

This time we will though  :;):
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:54 pm

When we first tried to buy him many in Egypt told him to sign for us as our play would suit his game and not to sign for Chelsea as Maureen did not really rate him and he would probably go out on loan. He ended up signing for Chelsea and always regretted not signing for us. I think he learned a lesson and would not readily leave us in the foreseeable future. I'd say he will stay at least three years as long as he is playing well. This according to an Egyptian coach I know that so he says, coached him at youth level.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion