MARKO GRUJIC - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:52 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44991982

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock is still optimistic of signing the 22-year-old despite it taking longer than hoped."It means a lot to me because it means I showed some good games and some good stuff with them," said Grujic.

"We will see what is the best for me and the club [Liverpool], I don't know yet. I am training and preparing like I am going to stay here."I want to be a Liverpool player. I said the same when I came two years ago, so my goal in the next few years is to play for this shirt."

Grujic is part of Liverpool's pre-season tour of the United States and is in contention to play against Manchester United in Michigan on Saturday.

Just put him in the squad ,the lad is ready !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:00 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:52 pm wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44991982

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock is still optimistic of signing the 22-year-old despite it taking longer than hoped."It means a lot to me because it means I showed some good games and some good stuff with them," said Grujic.

"We will see what is the best for me and the club [Liverpool], I don't know yet. I am training and preparing like I am going to stay here."I want to be a Liverpool player. I said the same when I came two years ago, so my goal in the next few years is to play for this shirt."

Grujic is part of Liverpool's pre-season tour of the United States and is in contention to play against Manchester United in Michigan on Saturday.

Just put him in the squad ,the lad is ready !

When news came out we signed him, he scored a ( could have even been two) Gerrard like 30 yard screamer for his team so he can do it and I agree he should be given a shot in the squad. He would benefit more however from regular playing time at Cardiff or wherever so I would probably loan him out one more year and see how he does, preferably with a clause we can recall him if needed.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Warnock told reporters today that 'the lad is staying with Liverpool' :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:57 pm wrote:Warnock told reporters today that 'the lad is staying with Liverpool' :buttrock

Yep, he deserves a chance given the way he played in pre season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 am

Yet another good pre-season from the lad and hopefully its enough to see him at least get off the bench more regular. He's mostly played in weak sides and does well so give him some regular minutes with a full strength side to see if he can make that step up or not.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Really don’t see how he’s going to get game time unless there is an injury crisis. He’s not really a DM even though Colin W*nk*r played him there. He’s quite good at driving towards goal so it’s probably the Keita role that he’s best suited too but there is quite a bit of completion here. Wouldn’t surprise me if he did end of going on loan/is sold abroad before the window shuts. TBH I wouldn’t want to play for Colin W*nk*r either.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:19 pm

Reports he's going on a season long loan to Hertha Berlin. One point it looked like we may be selling Grujic but obviously done enough for the club to be patient with him. Another body out though so thins the squad further.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:48 pm

parchpea » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:19 pm wrote:Reports he's going on a season long loan to Hertha Berlin. One point it looked like we may be selling Grujic but obviously done enough for the club to be patient with him. Another body out though so thins the squad further.

He's not going to get any game time for us this season, so it's a good move.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:52 pm

He signed a new long term contract with us today as well apparently.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:21 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:52 pm wrote:He signed a new long term contract with us today as well apparently.

I think there is a player there
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:00 am

Strange relationship between the player and the club, we paid good money, he's always on loan yet we let the lad believe its best for him.

I can't think of many others who've gone this route and been a success at Anfield?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Reg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 am wrote:Strange relationship between the player and the club, we paid good money, he's always on loan yet we let the lad believe its best for him.

I can't think of many others who've gone this route and been a success at Anfield?

Not really Reg, players develop at different speeds, some players are the finished article at 23 and some are not, title winners like Drogba, Sheringham and Vardy etc spent their early 20's in the lower league's where as some players like Robbie Fowler and Michael Owen were pretty much spent forces by their mid 20's.
Grujic obviously isn't good enough to displace the likes of Keita, Henderson etc at the moment but he is improving and at 22 (just turned) he has got time on his side. In 3 years time when he is 25 and Hendo is 30 it might be a different story.
Besides he's a bit like Emre in the sense that he is the perfect built for English football, I think he could be a hell of a player in a few years time and the club obviously agree (giving him a new long term contract).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:58 pm

Reg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 am wrote:Strange relationship between the player and the club, we paid good money, he's always on loan yet we let the lad believe its best for him.

Good money? It was £5mil. We took a punt on a 19 year old. Successful loans means they are sold on for a profit. If they do really well they can come back and compete for game time. Extending his contract protects his value. Tottenham bought Walker and then it took him 3 loan deals before he broke through at Spurs.
Eagle

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Infinitely better than Henderson
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion