MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:02 am

The 23-year-old put pen to paper on a long-term contract with the Reds at Melwood after successfully passing a medical at the club's training complex.

After completing his move, Sakho told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm delighted to be here. I'd like to thank everyone for the welcome.

"I came here because the project that is in place at Liverpool interests me. I'm really looking forward to playing my first game."

Sakho is capable of playing in central defence or at left-back and has made 14 appearances for his country since an international debut against England in November 2010.

After progressing through the French giants' youth academy, the defender made his debut for PSG in 2007 and played a total of 201 games for the capital club.

During more than six years in the first team there, he collected three major trophies - the Ligue 1 title, the Coupe de France and the Coupe de la Ligue - and was named the country's young player of the year at the end of 2010-11.

"I'm really looking forward to cracking on with work and I can't wait to get on pitch," continued Sakho.

"I know the Liverpool fans are fantastic and while I was in France, it was clear for me to see they are amongst the best in England."

Sakho becomes the Reds' seventh signing of the summer transfer window, joining Luis Alberto, Iago Aspas, Aly Cissokho, Tiago Ilori, Simon Mignolet and Kolo Toure in Brendan Rodgers' squad.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest- ... ho-signing
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:17 am

Another one signing Cardiff-red?  :D

Bienvenue à Liverpool Mamadou Sakho.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:29 am

Sakho facts:

Last season, Sakho won 76.4% of his 110 aerial duels. No player in 2012/13 PL matched that. Very strong in the air.

Sakho also completed 91.6% of 1175 passes last season. That would've been the 2nd best pass accuracy in 2012/13 PL (min 1000 attempted)

Welcome to the club!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:30 am

I came here because the project that is in place at Liverpool interests me

I like the honesty, much better than the Robbie Keane style - "I have always dreamed of playing for Liverpool..." bullsh!t that a lot of signings come out with.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:32 am

once again a good signing for us. not sure about the trousers but I like his aerial duel stats. welcome to LFC
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:55 am

This guy could be a big player for us for years to come. Quality player.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:06 am

No idea what he is like but still made up. Love my glass being half full !
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:21 am

john craig » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 am wrote:This guy could be a big player for us for years to come. Quality player.

You rate him John? Seen him play much?

I haven't, just the basics about him but if you could go into detail and then analyse whether he can go from the French league to the English as a quality player, I'd very much appreciate it.  :D

I always used to get my mates to do my homework
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:35 am

On paper he looks like he will be a quality addition. He was the PSG captain and regular centre back until shortly after Ancielotti (spl) arrived as they had spunked a load of cash on players such as Alex.

Looks a beast of a player, at 23 has 14 caps and has been compared to Lilian Thuram which if true will make him an absolute gem.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:42 am

http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/ ... rpool-move

Welcome to the club.

Glad we did the business & didn't pull out last minute.
killerp

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:58 am

LIVERPOOL SIGN SAKHO
France football writer Matt Spiro: "Mamadou Sakho's Liverpool switch has upset a lot of PSG supporters. Paris born and bred, the centre-back is a PSG fan and was the last survivor of a promising generation that graduated from the academy six years ago.

"Having first captained the club aged 17, many hoped he'd develop the kind of relationship with PSG that Paolo Maldini enjoyed with AC Milan.

"His status changed, though, when Carlo Ancelotti arrived and expressed concerns over his weight. Thiago Silva replaced Sakho as captain, and when the Brazilian said he'd rather partner his compatriot Alex, a lengthy spell on the bench ensued. The 23-year-old cut his losses when another Brazilian centre-back, Marquinhos, was signed from AS Roma.

"With the World Cup approaching, Sakho, who was first-choice for his country for much of last season, will be desperate to play regularly at Anfield.

"My feeling is he will be a big hit. While he has been more error-prone than usual in the last two seasons, he has speed, power, aggression and tremendous aerial presence, often intimidating his opponents. If Brendan Rodgers can keep him in good shape, Sakho has the potential to become one of the best defenders in England."
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:58 am

LIVERPOOL SIGN SAKHO
France football writer Matt Spiro: "Mamadou Sakho's Liverpool switch has upset a lot of PSG supporters. Paris born and bred, the centre-back is a PSG fan and was the last survivor of a promising generation that graduated from the academy six years ago.

"Having first captained the club aged 17, many hoped he'd develop the kind of relationship with PSG that Paolo Maldini enjoyed with AC Milan.

"His status changed, though, when Carlo Ancelotti arrived and expressed concerns over his weight. Thiago Silva replaced Sakho as captain, and when the Brazilian said he'd rather partner his compatriot Alex, a lengthy spell on the bench ensued. The 23-year-old cut his losses when another Brazilian centre-back, Marquinhos, was signed from AS Roma.

"With the World Cup approaching, Sakho, who was first-choice for his country for much of last season, will be desperate to play regularly at Anfield.

"My feeling is he will be a big hit. While he has been more error-prone than usual in the last two seasons, he has speed, power, aggression and tremendous aerial presence, often intimidating his opponents. If Brendan Rodgers can keep him in good shape, Sakho has the potential to become one of the best defenders in England."
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:17 pm

welcome to the club  :buttrock
hopefully a marquee addition for us and one that will have no bother stepping in and holding his own.
looking forward to seeing him in action and those aerial stats are exactly what we have been missing in our team.
best of luck lad  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby shanks » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:38 pm

I can see Mamadou will be a real good signing welcome lad  :;):
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Kenny Kan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:21 am wrote:
john craig » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 am wrote:This guy could be a big player for us for years to come. Quality player.

You rate him John? Seen him play much?

I haven't, just the basics about him but if you could go into detail and then analyse whether he can go from the French league to the English as a quality player, I'd very much appreciate it.  :D

I always used to get my mates to do my homework

You don't ask for much mate!

I hardly watch lige 1 on a weekly basis but some players you doubt have to watch on a weekly basis to tell they're quality.

Strong and good in the air - what we're missing at the back.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion