MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:18 am

Apparently he gave another commanding display.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:31 am

If Klopp and Sakho don't sort things out at the end of the season then I'm afraid that Klopp's  management skills really do come into question.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:58 pm

devaney » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:31 am wrote:If Klopp and Sakho don't sort things out at the end of the season then I'm afraid that Klopp's  management skills really do come into question.

I don't see how Klopp should be coming in for any criticism over this situation, I'm probably Sakho's biggest fan but he is the one in the wrong here, not Jurgen.
That whole fat burner saga took the shine of what should have been one of the greatest nights in this clubs history, then to back that up with bolshy behaviour on tour and if the papers are to be believed a slanging match where he questioned the managers authority he's very lucky to still be on our books. If Shanks or Paisley were still manager he'd be gone now, 100%, they wouldn't have give a f[uc]k if they had to give him away for free he'd out the door.
I'm hoping to f[uc]k that Sakho still has a future with us but if Jurgen wants rid I'll completely understand, in an era where players have so much money and power the last thing any club needs is a player who thinks the rules don't apply to him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Yakka Sakho was an idiot. We all agree on that. Plenty of players have let themselves down in the past. The real test is the man management skills of Klopp. Could he have handled the situation better? Let's face it Klopp would have sold Sakho if there had been any takers. He's doing well at CP. if he has learnt his lesson then I think we should give him another chance. We bought that nutter  Balotelli when he had the most incredible amount of garbage on his CV.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Sakho is the one in the wrong here. He also has a history of bust ups with managers and officials. I don't understand why Klopp should back down. Sakho is hardly a world class defender either
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:15 pm

I couldn't care less if sakho stays or goes but I do think Klopp should and could have handled the situation a little better. He left himself with scant cover and ended up using lucas to fill the gap on far too many occasions. I'm not sakhos biggest fan either but I would much rather him stepping in when we have an injury. Klopp will still get rid in the summer but waiting another 6 months wouldn't have killed him seeing as our defence is cack and it could be the difference in making top 4. Either way getting shut of him for nothing and not having a replacement while we are leaking goals wasn't a decision that benefitted the team this season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:58 pm wrote:
devaney » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:31 am wrote:If Klopp and Sakho don't sort things out at the end of the season then I'm afraid that Klopp's  management skills really do come into question.

I don't see how Klopp should be coming in for any criticism over this situation, I'm probably Sakho's biggest fan but he is the one in the wrong here, not Jurgen.
That whole fat burner saga took the shine of what should have been one of the greatest nights in this clubs history, then to back that up with bolshy behaviour on tour and if the papers are to be believed a slanging match where he questioned the managers authority he's very lucky to still be on our books. If Shanks or Paisley were still manager he'd be gone now, 100%, they wouldn't have give a f[uc]k if they had to give him away for free he'd out the door.
I'm hoping to f[uc]k that Sakho still has a future with us but if Jurgen wants rid I'll completely understand, in an era where players have so much money and power the last thing any club needs is a player who thinks the rules don't apply to him.

+ 1
It was uncomfortable having to watch the manager being publicly undermined by Sakho when the team visited Alcatraz, I mean you would think that being unfashionably late for training would have ensured Sakho kept a low profile and stayed well away from a clearly irate manager .  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:13 pm

Sakho is done at us. Klopp has given him chances but he can't help but step out of line when he should be getting his head down and keeping a low profile. You just can't have someone with seems to have no regard for the rules and I 100% back Klopp in this. He is trying to get us up challenging and you can't have players break rank and who continually have scant regard for the rules and expectations the manager has in place.

These players are well payed players who life a remarkable lifestyle which a lot of people can only dream of. At the very least, you would expect them to follow the rules put in by the manager and not take the *****.
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Palace have picked up since Sakho has come into their side. There is a good defender in there imo, just a loose cannon. This stint at palace should help put him in the shop window and hopefully get a bidding war going for him
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:17 pm

He's a good player, but Palace are dreadful. Hopefully we'll get our money back on him in the summer. I reacon PSG will come calling and he'll end up back home.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:40 pm

I heard he had a solid diaplay vs Chelsea today.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:35 pm

The way Palace play suits him, hes just got to head and boot the ball with the benefit of another layer of protection in front. A defensive team.

Even if he can sort out his differences with Klopp it's questionable if he would prove as effective in a open outfit like Liverpool where he's expected to pass and carry the ball and disciplined enough to be positionally perfect.

His form means he we can command a fee in excess of what we paid and I expect £20m+ for him this summer from Palace or another club.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:44 pm

parchpea » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:35 pm wrote:The way Palace play suits him, hes just got to head and boot the ball with the benefit of another layer of protection in front. A defensive team.

Even if he can sort out his differences with Klopp it's questionable if he would prove as effective in a open outfit like Liverpool where he's expected to pass and carry the ball and disciplined enough to be positionally perfect.

His form means he we can command a fee in excess of what we paid and I expect £20m+ for him this summer from Palace or another club.

Non-sense. You do know Klopp was picking him as first choice CB after he came back from his injury and before the trouble with the fat burners started. He is even more suitable for Klopp's system than any other defenders we have bar maybe Matip.  And that is because he is good on the ball and his passing from the back is good as well. Matip and him would make an awesome pairing under Klopp's system.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:44 pm

parchpea » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:35 pm wrote:The way Palace play suits him, hes just got to head and boot the ball with the benefit of another layer of protection in front. A defensive team.

Non-sense. You do know Klopp was picking him as first choice CB after he came back from his injury and before the trouble with the fat burners started. He is even more suitable for Klopp's system than any other defenders we have bar maybe Matip.  And that is because he is good on the ball and his passing from the back is good as well. Matip and him would make an awesome pairing under Klopp's system.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:52 pm

wrong thread
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion