LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:29 pm

Plus he's more likely than not to give away a stupid foul in a dangerous position.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:45 pm

Brilliant today, the fella was tackling and getting in the faces of WB players all game, he added a real steel to our midfield and his assist for Firmino left the baggies back line for dead, in our last two games he's been rolling back the years to deliver Kante like performances.  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:26 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:45 pm wrote:Brilliant today, the fella was tackling and getting in the faces of WB players all game, he added a real steel to our midfield and his assist for Firmino left the baggies back line for dead, in our last two games he's been rolling back the years to deliver Kante like performances.  :buttrock

Maybe the injuries to Hendo and Lallana have inadvertently helped Jurgen find a solution to beating these teams.
The introduction of Can and Lucas has definately beefed us up in the middle of the park, now Jurgen knows that if you match these teams physically they don't have much else to offer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:09 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:45 pm wrote:Brilliant today, the fella was tackling and getting in the faces of WB players all game, he added a real steel to our midfield and his assist for Firmino left the baggies back line for dead, in our last two games he's been rolling back the years to deliver Kante like performances.  :buttrock

played as a 3rd CB and didn't do anything to impress...We should really get this Obsession with Lucas out of our system.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:21 am

Lucas seems to have a lot of friends at Anfield and the media, every season people go out on a limb to keep him at the club.

I would concede hes done alright recently but when I see him it reminds me of the lack of progress at Anfield, when it comes to transfer decisions Klopp refers to holding development back yet that is exactly what Lucas is doing, for example at Gomez expense yesterday.

I am not suggesting Gomez does a better job but there seems to be a double standard around Lucas.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:56 am

parchpea » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:21 am wrote:Lucas seems to have a lot of friends at Anfield and the media, every season people go out on a limb to keep him at the club.

I would concede hes done alright recently but when I see him it reminds me of the lack of progress at Anfield, when it comes to transfer decisions Klopp refers to holding development back yet that is exactly what Lucas is doing, for example at Gomez expense yesterday.

I am not suggesting Gomez does a better job but there seems to be a double standard around Lucas.

spot on.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Isn't he on £80k a week? Hardly surprising that he's seen out his contract...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:26 pm wrote:

Maybe the injuries to Hendo and Lallana have inadvertently helped Jurgen find a solution to beating these teams.
The introduction of Can and Lucas has definately beefed us up in the middle of the park, now Jurgen knows that if you match these teams physically they don't have much else to offer.

Exactly mate, we look a lot more compact and solid in the middle when Can and Wjinaldum's positions  are strengthened  by Lucas playing in front of our backline .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:09 pm

This photo seems to be doing the rounds showing Lucas holding an ice pack to his knee after the WBA game, hoping he's available for the Palace game because that game arguably more than any other we have to be solid at the back to stave off the supply to Benteke and Zaha .
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:00 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:27 am wrote:Isn't he on £80k a week? Hardly surprising that he's seen out his contract...

He's had a few opportunities to leave in the last couple of years but each time the club have blocked it as we needed him due to injuries. Yet he has never kicked up a fuss when asked to stay as a backup player. A true professional who clearly loves the club.
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Eagle » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:00 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:27 am wrote:Isn't he on £80k a week? Hardly surprising that he's seen out his contract...

He's had a few opportunities to leave in the last couple of years but each time the club have blocked it as we needed him due to injuries. Yet he has never kicked up a fuss when asked to stay as a backup player. A true professional who clearly loves the club.

+1
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Lucas will kill a lot of debate if he leaves, certainly one who has always split opinion.

To be honest I wrote him off from the beginning, never really liked him, but I am not stupid enough not to understand that every manager from Rafa to Klopp has seen great value in him so he clearly is way better than I had imagined, and yes a man that deserves to go down in history as a great red.

If he did leave this summer then his heads held high, every club reasess priorities and hes one under discussion, hes always under discussion though, every week and every window, Lucas has been on the clubs agenda since he walked into Anfield.

When he was linked with a move away Turkey was about as good as hes getting, I think its a nice end to a career but in many ways Liverpools policy of only signing young players has helpded him survive and he possibly will again this summer.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Soon as Lucas leaves the cranks will start targetting Henderson, its just the way it is !  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:52 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:14 pm wrote:Soon as Lucas leaves the cranks will start targetting Henderson, its just the way it is !  :D

It's pretty simple ,Both Lucas and Hendo aren't good enough if we want to take the next step ,which is CL football and title contenders..
They are good enough ,maybe ,to serve as subs and that's it.
I appreciate their love for the club but skills wise they are never starting 11 material.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:56 pm

Eagle » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:00 pm wrote:

Maybe....but I'm sure his huge contract has had something to play in it  :D

I'm not knocking the lad (although I've done so many a time) as he's given us his best years. But I'm struggling to get teary eyed for a player who sums up the state of our squad for the past 10 years. And by that I mean, bang average, with a handful of good games peppered throughout the season.

I won't begrudge him staying, but I imagine it will involve a pay cut and I doubt he'll want that.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion