LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:32 pm

Really sad to see him go. Wish he'd at least stay in the league so he would get the proper reception when he would play against us.

Best of luck to him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:57 am

Finally got rid of. I don't hate Lucas but he was just such a mediocre player.
In the same bracket as Kuyt in that he was extremely overvalued by the fans and the fee we got said everything and then some in both cases.

But gl Lucas on your future endeavours.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:15 pm

Not the best of players but he did serve us well. There we times when he was a beast in midfield but on many occasions not the best.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:08 pm

Has it actually been confirmed that he has gone? Because after watching last nights game I think we need him. We've got no one who knows how to protect a back 4.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:08 pm wrote:Has it actually been confirmed that he has gone?

Lucas must be thinking "Hope I don't catch a cold , those b'stards at newkit will be pinning up RIP notices before I can sneeze "

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:04 pm

There are players we need to get shut of ,but Lucas isn't one of them ! We could fall way short this season because no one else can protect the back four as effectively as Lucas . Gutted if he leaves ,maybe Galatasaray fans who can spot someone who works his ***** off for the team will afford him the merit he deserves ? He certainly never got it here from the lap top kids. On his day one of the best DM's in the league
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:02 pm

I doubt he will move, like always he will survive the guillotine on the day of execution.

Returned to DM playing the role of a road cone that falls in front of passers by, tripping them up 20 yards from goal.

Telling that only a second rate league wants to take him, no offers from Germany or Spain, Italy.

Rodgers would take him but being paid a week what his whole squad earns a year a stumbling block.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:36 am

parchpea » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:02 pm wrote:I doubt he will move, like always he will survive the guillotine on the day of execution.

Returned to DM playing the role of a road cone that falls in front of passers by, tripping them up 20 yards from goal.

Telling that only a second rate league wants to take him, no offers from Germany or Spain, Italy.

Rodgers would take him but being paid a week what his whole squad earns a year a stumbling block.

That's what  we football fans call a tackle ,and the huge onus placed on you when you're  the only fucker who makes one ,I can , however, see  why such trivialities would escape such a keen football aficionado like yourself. 

In truth , though ,you can blame Lucas for singlehandedly saving that Irish blurts job and handing us another 'outstanding' season of sufferance under that gobshite  Other than that ,Lucas  was adored on the Kop ,something that would also escape you !

You carry on though ,I'm sure it will herald a plethora of this ^ on Twitter and you can all W*nk yourselves into a frenzy. :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:34 pm

My comments are always a bit to tongue in cheek, I want Liverpool to be winners and Lucas is not a champion elect, been a good servant but only that. The clubs also been extremely loyal to him and on good salary.

For me Lucas epitomises the club overall, perhaps a little bit soft on failure, maybe a little too loyal, good people and decent enough players but no winners, we need that players who believe they are destined to win at Liverpool.

Lucas does not fit that and like managers before him Klopps team will pay the price sticking by him over a long campaign.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:00 pm

parchpea » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:34 pm wrote:My comments are always a bit to tongue in cheek, I want Liverpool to be winners and Lucas is not a champion elect, been a good servant but only that. The clubs also been extremely loyal to him and on good salary.

For me Lucas epitomises the club overall, perhaps a little bit soft on failure, maybe a little too loyal, good people and decent enough players but no winners, we need that players who believe they are destined to win at Liverpool.

Lucas does not fit that and like managers before him Klopps team will pay the price sticking by him over a long campaign.

Apparently, Klopp isn't advocating  moving him on  ,and Lucas doesn't want to leave either ,so that leaves that super funny tongue of yours firmly embedded in said cheek . Cheer up, you can still be the banner carrier on Twitter   :D 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3718906/Galatasaray-step-Lucas-Leiva-Jurgen-Klopp-fights-hold-Brazilian-midfielder.html
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:29 pm

parchpea » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:34 pm wrote:My comments are always a bit to tongue in cheek, I want Liverpool to be winners and Lucas is not a champion elect, been a good servant but only that. The clubs also been extremely loyal to him and on good salary.

I don't think anyone is saying that Lucas is the second coming of Graeme Souness mate but like it or not he is probably the only player we currently have on our books that knows how to protect a back 4.
Can and Hendo are good players but at this stage of their careers they are all athleticism and no brains, they just aren't aware what's going on around them. Roma literally could have driven a bus through our midfield the other night.
Maybe the question we should all be asking is why have the club been trying to corner the market in AM's over the past few years instead of buying at least one quality DM?
How have we got to a situation where we have spent hundreds of millions yet an injury prone 30 year old is the only player in our squad with the brains and awareness to properly screen our defence?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:10 pm

I agree with above but its probably because DM players arent great sell on, neither defenders or a goal threat from midfield, just a block.

The club dont see value and ultimately they want to try and win trophys and back the sales bus up at the same time. The biggest of wins from a business perspective.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Sanity prevails ,you just don't sell players with his game intelligence until  at the very least you have procured a DM that can read the game equally as well. 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lucas-stay-liverpool-until-defensive-11703582
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:01 pm

Looks like he's off. Radio 5 reports that the loan has been given the green light and, bar a medical, it's a done deal.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:53 pm

It will be sad to see him go, 10 years is a long time in football and he has been a great servant to the club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion