LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Cheers CR.

Don't think that's the official award though. The player of the season award that we all know is given by Standard Chartered.

Looks like they're giving awards at every dinner party these days.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 11, 2016 11:14 am

kazza » Tue May 10, 2016 12:45 pm wrote:I'd rather see his stats before I'd say he did not deserve it. Tackles made, pass percentage, minutes played etc as he does some unseen work ( as do others) so it would be fairer to see the full picture. Many on here never liked him but I thought he was always a true professional and dependable. Has his weaknesses but so do all the others but overall he has been consistent this year.

Not an in depth look at stats but a quick scan reveals Lucas has just 28 starts (in all competitions) this season and eleven appearances as a sub.

Not to be dismissive of his quality or contribution but in terms of minutes spent on the pitch he trails by some distance the likes of Milner who has had 41 starts and 2 sub appearances and Firmino who has had 38 starts and 9 sub appearances.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Penguins » Wed May 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Jury must have been on a binge or sniffing something they shouldn't have.
Mediocre squad player who can fill in here and there, that's it.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 11, 2016 3:24 pm

woof woof ! » Wed May 11, 2016 10:14 am wrote:
kazza » Tue May 10, 2016 12:45 pm wrote:I'd rather see his stats before I'd say he did not deserve it. Tackles made, pass percentage, minutes played etc as he does some unseen work ( as do others) so it would be fairer to see the full picture. Many on here never liked him but I thought he was always a true professional and dependable. Has his weaknesses but so do all the others but overall he has been consistent this year.

Not an in depth look at stats but a quick scan reveals Lucas has just 28 starts (in all competitions) this season and eleven appearances as a sub.

Not to be dismissive of his quality or contribution but in terms of minutes spent on the pitch he trails by some distance the likes of Milner who has had 41 starts and 2 sub appearances and Firmino who has had 38 starts and 9 sub appearances.

Its judged by Legends who have played in the red shirt, and players who have shown the requisite heart wearing it merited ,they don't do stats fella  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri May 13, 2016 8:59 pm

In that case Edna the tea lady is right up there with him
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 14, 2016 6:07 am

Thommo's perm » Fri May 13, 2016 7:59 pm wrote:In that case Edna the tea lady is right up there with him
:laugh:

Edna is  in the running  annually  ,whereas you just take it anally  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:07 am

Doubtful he will be going anywhere in this window now, he has been diagnosed with a hamstring injury which will keep him out for a month

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... n-11656104
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:58 pm

Lucas strikes again feigning injury to remain at Anfield  :laugh:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:57 pm

Useful sub, but not much else really. Too slow for midfield and would get sent off every other week if played in defence.  I think at this stage of his career he' should be playing every week and Klopp can't offer him that.

I'd move him on.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:25 pm

Not always been Lucas biggest fan but hes been a decent player to be fair though I do feel he should have been moved on and replaced at least 2 years ago.

Its as though nobody has the heart to tell him its over and you can tell hes that settled here that he wont go unless the club is a bit tougher with him.

Hes like the go too player in a crisis, the comfy pair of old slippers, too easy to slip on but definately a liability now in the engine room of Klopps team.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:00 pm

Deal Agreed !!

Liverpool midfielder to leave as Galatasaray agreement reached: Deal expected this week

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... Klopp-News
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:39 pm

C-R » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:00 pm wrote:Deal Agreed !!

Liverpool midfielder to leave as Galatasaray agreement reached: Deal expected this week

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... Klopp-News

Wow, wasn't expecting that especially with him being injured, it will be sad to see him go but I guess at 30 he doesn't want to be sitting on the bench anymore.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Best of luck to him  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:04 am

I have only respect for him from an attitude point of view. He left Brazil as a young player and was boo'd  by our own fans in his first days but he stayed positive and professional in his out look and never complained. He had a number of serious injuries but always came back and gave it his all. Was limited as a player but was better than many gave him credit for. I wish him the best in Turkey and hope he enjoys the nicer weather. Our not so Brazilian Brazilian.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:00 am

Goodbye Lucas and good luck!

I still have my doubts you were ever really from Brazil  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion