LORIS KARIUS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Lot of chatter Klopp is sticking by Karius something I feel will be a big problem next season.

The lads put a video out this week posing at his Hollywwod pad, something that may be cool if you play in the NBA but not so much at working class club like Liverpool. He did that under me straight away I would be on at him, not enough that hes a complete shambles in goal but he sees fit to parade his wealth earned doing it.

I just don't like the lad at all but Klopp appears to have a soft spot, his feet wouldnt touch the floor going out at most clubs and just hope its all BS and a real man and world class keeper is coming in.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:25 pm

It would take Herculean mental strength to come back from the howlers he dropped.

Every single crowd in the PL will be on his back from the first whistle to the last. Every kick, every throw out, every catch will be performed under a microscope. Do the young lad (he's just turned 25) a favour and get an experienced number one in and get him out the door in as humane a manner as possible

We simply cannot risk him crumbling under the pressure - it could cost us a tilt at the title if we get our other positions sorted.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Yes I agree about points, if he starts as No1 then any dreams of a title challenge will be in the bin before Christmas.

Just wont save enough shots compounded by errors, then theres the collateral damage his presence will impose on the defence, the negative energy from the crowd.

GK is a special position and every keeper knows it, higher stakes and pressure on errors, sink or swim.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:03 pm

The supporters wont forget or forgive his abysmal, wretched performance in the final.
I hope he doesnt try to come back because his first mistake will be jumped on and he will be hounded out.
He would be best just accepting he isnt good enough for LFC
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:53 pm

Agreed with what everyone is saying. We can't stick with Karius as number one, he had his chance and he blew it. I'm fine with him as our second choice but a new number one needs to be signed. If we can't bring in the likes of Allison or Oblak, then I wouldn't mind going for experience. Someone like Kasper Schmeichel could do the job for us.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:20 pm

Kasper schmeichel is a very good shout i wouldn't mind him here. Ha would be interesting as father played for one of mannures rivals and son plays for us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:45 pm

Klopp will face our wrath if he fields that drop kick again.

It would be beyond madness and stubbornness to do so and I can see it unraveling his entire legacy at Liverpool.

He has to start winning trophies this season but we won’t be able to do that with Karius being a regular.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:13 am

I see it as simple as 'common sense' says he's neither good enough nor after the CL final, the right man for the job.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:56 am

Frankly anyone could have a nightmare game and I would not judge him on one night. I would however judge him on the last season and he has never filled me with confidence for a consistent basis. He had a couple of moments where he looked decent (never world class) but those moments were few and far between and were always followed by a poor mistake. We need consistency from our goalie and it is critical to building a strong defense. To pay a record fee for a fantastic defender only to leave the goal so exposed makes no sense as the goal is the last line of defense and silly mistakes are absolutely unacceptable and destabilizing to the team.

Didi Hamman was criticizing him after his tears and apology at the final calling him out by saying he is acting like a world class goalie ( fancy number plates, expensive clothes, selfies and now the pad in California) but without the graft and winning attitude it takes to transfer it to the field. It's all well and good to behave like a premadona player but you better play like one otherwise you'll get called out on it and he doesn't even play like and decent player, let alone a world class player.

I hate to be critical of one of our players but I'd rather win than be nice. I'd like to have seen him working overtime in the offseason to improve his game rather than the holiday selfies showing how awesome his life is. After that apology I want to see humility, graft and above all a low profile as it seems he has gotten over the nightmare CL final even though the fans are still hurting. Competition to be a prem player is intense, that is why they get paid so much but they have to perform or they should be rightly cut. We desperately need a top keeper!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:50 am

I'm disgusted Klopp is sticking with this guy in goal. He is AMATEUR at best, I'd rather put Migs back in their as no 1 until we can find a decent keeper.

Expect this to cost us a lot of points next season, as I'm expecting a number of howlers from this tool. I also don't like the way he "punches" the ball out often instead of catching the ball. That's the sign of a keeper who isn't confident catching a ball.

Not very inspiring news is it.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:28 pm

Like it or not our defence significantly improved when Karius and VVD were introduced to the side, let's not forget that he was probably playing whilst he was concussed during the CL final as well. I know a few fans roll their eyes whenever this subject is brought up but it's an indisputable fact that he took a heavy blow to the temple area during the game, wether that played a role in his mistakes I guess we'll never really know but he certainly took a forearm smash to the head that's for sure.
The club are on this, the very fact that they were prepared to break the world transfer record for a goalkeeper clearly shows that they aren't 100% convinced by Karius, if they are willing to go into next season with him as our number 1 though then something must have changed their minds, maybe something we aren't privy to.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:32 pm

If Klopp is sticking with Karius its because a better keeper is not available currently. I don't for a second believe that Klopp has a soft spot for any players. If he sees the right player available to strengthen he will do so.

In a recent interview he said that it was Beckenbauer who told him after 4 days of the real madrid match that Karius had a concussion. Beckenbauer had come back from the doctor that diagnosed Karius and he (the doctor) is one of the foremost experts in this field so Klopp trusts the diagnoses completely. Klopp also checked the test results and said that Karius had 26 out of 30 maximum markers for a concussion. He doesn't give a Sh*t what anybody says... and I respect that...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:17 pm

maguskwt » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:32 am wrote:If Klopp is sticking with Karius its because a better keeper is not available currently. I don't for a second believe that Klopp has a soft spot for any players. If he sees the right player available to strengthen he will do so.

In a recent interview he said that it was Beckenbauer who told him after 4 days of the real madrid match that Karius had a concussion. Beckenbauer had come back from the doctor that diagnosed Karius and he (the doctor) is one of the foremost experts in this field so Klopp trusts the diagnoses completely. Klopp also checked the test results and said that Karius had 26 out of 30 maximum markers for a concussion. He doesn't give a Sh*t what anybody says... and I respect that...

This is it in a nutshell. Klopp isn't going go buy a new keeper to appease internet fans. He'll buy one if he can find someone who is a significant step up on Karius who is also suited to the way we want to play. And it isn't a reaction to the final. We tried to get Allison in Jan.
Eagle

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:33 pm

As mentioned, it's time for Klopp to show us he is a winner, not just a runner up.

Ruthless decisions need to be made sometimes.

This wouldn't be one of those decisions. This one is common sense.

We've had awful keepers for 5 years and won nothing. It's top priority now.

If Karius is our number 1 next season and makes the errors we know he will... Then Klopp can rightly be accused of being too soft.

Don't talk to me about concussions, he made that same howler before and will again.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:49 pm

The guy has always been a bit "Flakey", a decent back up maybe, but deffo not good enough to be our number one keeper.
Maybe I'm being sentimental BUT if even if an ageing  Pepe Reina had been between the sticks in the CL final we might have seen a different result.

A long time now since we've had a top shelf keeper . Just read that Buffon (age 40 ?) is joining PSG on a free !.

Could've been a great signing for us if only for 1 or 2 seasons.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion