LORIS KARIUS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Klopptomaniac » Sun May 27, 2018 10:50 am wrote:He has my sympathy and the image of him holding his hands up in tears in front a of a stand full of Liverpool fans applauding him back is something I won't forget.

Football is a ruthless game, he's gone in my opinion. He's always had a mistake in him and he waited until he was in the biggest stage of all to commit 2 of them.

I haven't seen that myself (I turned the telly off as soon as the final whistle went) but if it happened major props to our fans, getting ripped off left right and centre would put anyone in a bad mood but then to see all your dreams go up in smoke via 2 of the worst goalkeeping errors ever, our fans would have been forgiven for booing the house down.
Clapping Karius is a touch of class and fair dues to Karius as well for going over to the fans, 99% of people would just want to get off that pitch and down the tunnel as quickly as possible.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 27, 2018 3:15 pm

I like others sympathise with how Karius must be feeling.

I sympathise even more with all those fans who spent a fortune/went through hell to make it to Kiev only to see Karius literally throw the game away  :angry:

The fella is obviously not good enough AND to be fair as much as I love him Jurgen has to shoulder some responsibility.

Despite sparkling in some departments the team is still flawed.

We've deffo improved our back four with the signing of Virgil to upgrade our CB positions but it's almost as if we just turned a blind eye to the glaring lack of quality we have between the sticks.

Jurgens given us a frightening attacking team but as the old mantra goes ""successful teams are built from the back".

i.e. Get your foundations right before you attempt to build a house on it   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 27, 2018 9:54 pm

This is embarrassing...  :no

Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius sent death threats after Champions League blunders

https://news.sky.com/story/liverpool-goalie-loris-karius-sent-death-threats-after-champions-league-blunders-11386990
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:22 pm

7_Kewell » Sun May 27, 2018 8:54 pm wrote:This is embarrassing...  :no

Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius sent death threats after Champions League blunders

https://news.sky.com/story/liverpool-goalie-loris-karius-sent-death-threats-after-champions-league-blunders-11386990

fkin disgraceful carry on....shame on them, no place for that.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 27, 2018 10:35 pm

Disgraceful. Some of the abuse I've seen directed at Karius has been sickening. We don't need 'fans' like that and as expected its a minority of brainless idiots coming out with that vile rubbish
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 27, 2018 11:09 pm

outrageous
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sun May 27, 2018 11:10 pm

I just want to be crystal clear that despite how disappointed and frustrated I am with Karius losing us the game yesterday UNDER NO circumstances is it acceptable that the young fella be sent death threats.

This is not and will never be our club. Shameful, shameful behaviour. To the ones responsible hang your heads you drongos.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 27, 2018 11:13 pm

I bet the lad is devastated after last night and I do feel sorry for him but they were fook ups of the highest order.

Abusing players is nothing new  :no it has been happening for years and even before social media came about so why these players choose to open up platforms to facilitate this is beyond me. He would be lapping it up had we won and everyone would be sending him  :hearts so he has got to take the good with the bad. Report the ones who sent the death threats and take the rest on the chin.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 28, 2018 12:04 am

eds » Sun May 27, 2018 10:10 pm wrote:I just want to be crystal clear that despite how disappointed and frustrated I am with Karius losing us the game yesterday UNDER NO circumstances is it acceptable that the young fella be sent death threats.

This is not and will never be our club. Shameful, shameful behaviour. To the ones responsible hang your heads you drongos.

Spot on.  I hope they get punished by the law and a life ban from Anfield  :no
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon May 28, 2018 12:12 am

One can show criticism on his performance but death threats is out of order. I know we all are passionate but for Gods sakes it is just football.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:46 am

Most fans clapped him off after the game, fans that probably paid a few thousand pounds to get there and see the worst defeat in a final ever, for any club. These degenerates that write death threats on social media are a very small minority, every club has them and the media loves to publicise them for shock value or something. I never pay attention to them.

As for Karius, I might have felt bad for him, if he wasn't a millionaire. Sadly, money has taken the compassion out of football, among other things. People pay a lot of money to see some rich boys run on a pitch for 90 minutes so I expect said rich boys to not be throwing away finals the way Karius did last night.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 28, 2018 3:47 am

Doeboy » Mon May 28, 2018 5:35 am wrote:

Disgraceful. Some of the abuse I've seen directed at Karius has been sickening. We don't need 'fans' like that and as expected its a minority of brainless idiots coming out with that vile rubbish

Sadly there will always be an element who after a skinful of beer, no sleep and emotional strain do things they ought to regret the day after. Let's hope the bobbies follow up and give them a couple of hundred hours community service.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon May 28, 2018 8:10 am

Reg » Mon May 28, 2018 2:47 am wrote:
Doeboy » Mon May 28, 2018 5:35 am wrote:

Sadly there will always be an element who after a skinful of beer, no sleep and emotional strain do things they ought to regret the day after. Let's hope the bobbies follow up and give them a couple of hundred hours community service.

Let's not forget we have million of supporters out their...Bound to have some utter idiots which would resort to hateful talk....Not even sure what can be done with online thugs...They will ever be idiots.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon May 28, 2018 10:41 am

Social media brings out the worst in people. Simple as that really. I'd hedge a bet any fan who Karius has interacted with has gave him well wishes. The internet brigade will always attack him.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon May 28, 2018 12:03 pm

I feel for Karius. He's a decent 'keeper but doesn't have the presence to do a satisfactory job for us.

I don't think Klopp has done him any favours. JK seems so keen to retain the nice guy image that he fails to make important decisions.

At least Karius can put "played in a CL final" on his CV. I'd leave it at that if I was him though.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion