LORIS KARIUS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Welsh wizzard 13 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:26 pm wrote:He's no better than migs for ffs. Quicker we get a world class keeper the better. If he caught the ball from the cross which looked straight forward really it wouldn't have been a goal. As for save from penalty kane hit it poorly simple as.  He's not good enough !!

If he dived to either side of the goal Kane would have scored ,he stayed on his feet till the last minute as for the cross he punched it f*cking far enough so its then the responsibility of those nearest 'in this case Chamberlain' to prevent Wanyama from shooting. Karius had a good game,maybe you should bide your time until such time he makes a howler which will in all probability make you come across as less of a crank ......Just a thought mind  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:57 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:45 pm wrote:
Welsh wizzard 13 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:26 pm wrote:He's no better than migs for ffs. Quicker we get a world class keeper the better. If he caught the ball from the cross which looked straight forward really it wouldn't have been a goal. As for save from penalty kane hit it poorly simple as.  He's not good enough !!

If he dived to either side of the goal Kane would have scored ,he stayed on his feet till the last minute as for the cross he punched it f*cking far enough so its then the responsibility of those nearest 'in this case Chamberlain' to prevent Wanyama from shooting. Karius had a good game,maybe you should bide your time until such time he makes a howler which will in all probability make you come across as less of a crank ......Just a thought mind  :D

But why punch it when it was there to catch ? does my head in when keepers do this! Your all happy with karius as our keeper Really ? Kane just tapped it he didn't really have to move.
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:07 pm

Welsh wizzard 13 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:57 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:45 pm wrote:

But why punch it when it was there to catch ? does my head in when keepers do this! Your all happy with karius as our keeper Really ? Kane just tapped it he didn't really have to move.

Did you not detect that from my post ? Just to reiterate yes I'm confident that Karius given a run of games will show his Bundesliga form. I mean he's not the only foreign keeper who punches the ball and its not like he put this into practice with every cross yesterday because he caught a fair few. I just think when a keeper punches the ball weakly then yes he can be culpable for anything that unfolds in front of him but yesterday he ensured the ball was cleared far enough to avoid that and imo the onus is then on those nearest to close down any danger its just a pity Wanyama came over all 'Tony Yeboha like' and hit an unstoppable Exocet. If anything you should save your ire for the lethargy Chamberlain showed when he was introduced because it was a direct descendant of Ox circa Arsenal 2014.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:23 pm

Time will tell but I just feel he's just same as Migs always has a mistake in there somewhere. Keite will shore up our pressing game Milner doesn't have legs neither can cann do it for more than an hr. Thats where we threw it away yesterday ran out of gas again! Henderson getting his fitness back slowly. We need Allison or Alback in for me a quality No1
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:00 pm

Welsh wizzard 13 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:23 pm wrote:Time will tell but I just feel he's just same as Migs always has a mistake in there somewhere. Keite will shore up our pressing game Milner doesn't have legs neither can cann do it for more than an hr. Thats where we threw it away yesterday ran out of gas again! Henderson getting his fitness back slowly. We need Allison or Alback in for me a quality No1

He's nothing like Migs ,he actually stops players making it easy and if it wasn't for the blocks and saves he made yesterday we would be lambasting the defense for allowing those runs in behind and its Oblak for future reference,if your sure we need a keeper it would help to know his name  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:37 pm

Migs is a good shot stopper. Might have saved one of those pens even. Then again, he would have phucked up on another occasion.
Personally I can't understand why Ward is still not getting a sniff
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Can't fault him for yesterday. Criticising him for the goal is a bit harsh, it was one hell of a strike that's difficult to legislate for.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:36 pm

Loris let the same amount in last night so he must be sh'it as well?
Courtois let four in tonight. He must be even sh'itter?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:42 pm

Karius and Migs are completely different types of keepers. Migs has lead feet and is slow minded. At least Karius is a far lighter on his feet so can get out to people quicker and get across the goal quicker. We need to keep faith with him for the rest of the season and then make a call.
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:14 pm

Some great stops earlier,looked assured and composed, two traits we don't usually associate with our keepers,2nd coolest player in our defense. I just wish the manager could have afforded him a run of games much sooner, its just you don't see the class of some keepers if they're regularly being rotated,so glad he's being offered the opportunity for consistency.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:46 pm

He played well v Spurs and again today. If he gets a good run in goal. We'll see what he's really made of.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:28 am

Although Mignolet isnt a terrible goalkeeper, he spreads fear and panic through the defense with his brainfarts. Karius is more confident and seems to calm the back four more. He should practise catching instead of punching every time, but he is definitely an improvement on Mig
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:19 pm

Another decent game again.
Clean sheet and kept the Saints out at crucial times in the match!
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:28 am wrote:Although Mignolet isnt a terrible goalkeeper, he spreads fear and panic through the defense with his brainfarts. Karius is more confident and seems to calm the back four more. He should practise catching instead of punching every time, but he is definitely an improvement on Mig

Yeah good point Thommo, even when he *****'s up Karius has a general air about him of - 'meh, sh[it] happens' where as Mingolet just turns into a complete bag of nerves. Even if he isn't better than Mingolet he acts like he is which as you say spreads calm throughout the defence.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:47 am

Thommo's perm » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:28 am wrote:Although Mignolet isnt a terrible goalkeeper, he spreads fear and panic through the defense with his brainfarts. Karius is more confident and seems to calm the back four more. He should practise catching instead of punching every time, but he is definitely an improvement on Mig

Way too early to judge...From what i've seen Migs displayed better instincts when it comes to shot stopping or 1x1 situations..Karius looks more comfortable with the ball and releases it much quicker..However both of them don't  address the major problem we have and that's controlling the air...
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion